What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 2, 2015, 12:17 PM
- Transportation stocks are lower on the day on some broad macroeconomic concerns. Some BAML downgrades in the sector are also weighing on sentiment.
- Trading is notably weak in CXS Corp (CSX -2.3%), American Railcar Industries (ARII -2.6%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -1.9%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -5.7%), Heartland Express (HTLD -3.7%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -3%), FedEx (FDX -0.9%), UPS (UPS -0.5%), Air Transport Services (ATSG -1.7%), and Matson (MATX -2.5%).
- A notable exception to the sector slide is airline stocks which are showing strength after Delta Air Lines (DAL +2.7%) reported some eye-opening capacity constraint. The major carrier increased passenger revenue per available seat mile sand load factor during November. A 3% decline in crude oil prices is also factoring in to the rally in airline stocks.
- United Continental (UAL +3.2%), Hawaiian Holdings (HA +2.9%), Southwest Airlines (LUV +2.3%), and Republic Airways Holdings (RJET +4.4%) are all solidly higher.
- The Dow Jones Transportation Average is down 0.8% off the conflicting forces of gravity.
- Related ETFs: IYT, XTN, JETS.
Nov. 5, 2015, 6:08 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q3 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $142.31M (+2.8% Y/Y) misses by $5.81M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Oct. 27, 2015, 3:29 PM
- Railroad and trucking stocks are down today on a mix of news seen as negative for the transportation sector. UPS reported lower package volume in Q3 and durable-goods orders fell in September.
- Decliners include Norfolk Southern (NSC -3.6%), Union Pacific (UNP -5.1%), CSX Corporation (CSX -3.8%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -4.4%), Canadian Pacific(CP -5.4%), Canadian National Railway (CNI -3.9%), Genesee & Wyoming (GWR -5.3%), XPO Logistics (XPO -11.8%), Echo Global Logistics (ECHO -12.6%), C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW -2.8%), Radiant Logistics (RLGT -7.9%), FedEx (FDX -1.4%), Air T (AIRT -5.9%), and Air Transport Services (ATSG -3.2%).
- The iShares Dow Jones Transportation ETF (NYSEARCA:IYT) is down 2.7%.
- Related: Tough day for four wheelers (Oct. 27)
Oct. 13, 2015, 1:12 PM
- Transportation stocks are weak today on macroeconomic concerns and with a guidance cut from Ryder capturing some attention. Investment firms have also chipped away at the airline and railroad sectors with downgrades and price target revisions.
- The move lower includes a wide variety of trucking, freight, and logistics stocks. FedEx (FDX -1.4%), Norfolk Southern (NSC -1.5%), CSX Corporation (CSX -1.7%), Knight Transportation (KNX -4.8%), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT -2.4%), Landstar System (LSTR -1.5%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.7%), Air Transport Services Group (ATSG -1.6%), Allegiant Travel (ALGT -3.4%), Virgin America (VA -4.3%), and Hub Group (HUBG -2.9%) are all lower than broad market averages.
- The Dow Jones Transportation Average is off 1.76% vs. the S&P 500 -0.26%.
- Related ETFs: IYT, XTN.
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:47 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q2 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $148.35M (-0.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.59M.
- Shares +0.06%.
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACAS, ACXM, AEGR, AGU, ALB, AMTG, ANDE, AREX, ARNA, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, AXLL, BEE, BGC, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CBS, CCRN, CF, CJES, CLNE, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CORT, COUP, CPE, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CUTR, CXW, DCO, DNB, DPM, DXCM, ECHO, ECOL, ENS, EQC, ETE, ETP, FANG, FLT, FMC, FNGN, FOXA, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GBDC, GDDY, GMCR, GPOR, HABT, HDP, HI, HIVE, HLF, HR, IAG, ICPT, IL, IRWD, ITRI, JACK, JAZZ, JONE, KND, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNT, MCHX, MED, MELI, MG, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MRO, MUSA, NHI, NKTR, NLY, NOG, NP, OME, OPK, OSUR, PACB, PDLI, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, POWR, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PSIX, RAIL, REG, RGLD, RIG, RLD, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGI, SGMO, SGY, SHOR, SLF, SQNM, SSNI, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TLLP, TRNX, TRQ, TS, TSLA, TSO, TTEC, TTMI, TTPH, TUMI, UHAL, UIL, VVC, WGL, WPX, WSR, WTI, WTW, XNPT, XPO, ZU
Jun. 17, 2015, 10:15 AM
- Global freight and delivery stocks trade lower after FedEx was a touch light with Q1 revenue and issued cautious guidance for Q2.
- A strong U.S. dollar and narrowing fuel surcharges have been drags on the international part of the sector.
- Decliners: Air T (NYSE:AIR) -1.0%, PostNL (OTCPK:PNLYY) -1.75%, Deutsche Post (OTCPK:DPSGY) -1.0%, UPS (NYSE:UPS) -0.4%, Air Transport Services Group (NASDAQ:ATSG) -0.4%.
- Previously: Operating margin falls for FedEx in FQ4
May 5, 2015, 5:10 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q1 EPS of $0.14 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $147M (+2.4% Y/Y) beats by $4.14M.
May 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AGU, AIZ, ALL, AMRS, AMSG, ANAD, ANDE, ARC, ATSG, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BRDR, CENT, CERS, CLUB, COUP, CRAY, CSU, CTL, CVG, CYH, DK, DKL, DLR, DTLK, DVN, EA, ENPH, EXAM, FISV, FOSL, FTR, GCA, GHDX, GMED, GNMK, GPOR, GRPN, HK, HLF, HRZN, IAG, ICUI, IGTE, IRWD, JIVE, KAR, KGC, KONA, LC, MHLD, MM, MYGN, MYL, NDLS, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OUT, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PBPB, PKD, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, RUBI, SBRA, SCTY, SKUL, SLF, SM, SPA, SUPN, TEG, TMH, TNET, TRNX, TSRA, TTGT, USNA, VVUS, WAGE, WES, WGP, WR, WSR, WSTC, WTR, WTW, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZLTQ, ZU
Apr. 8, 2015, 1:33 PM
- The proxy fight going on at Biglari Holdings (BH +0.7%) could be the jump-the-shark moment (reference) for investor activism, warns Glasss Lewis co-founder Greg Taxin.
- On one side, Groveland Capital is doing a lot of barking for only holding a 0.2% stake, note industry watchers.
- The fund is asking for board seats and is a harsh critic of current management.
- Biglari Holdings is also in full battle mode.
- Sardar Biglari has a takeover provision that pays him licensing fees for Steak n' Shake signs which is a measure that isn't viewed as a benefit to shareholders.
- He has also built up a sizable position in Air T (NASDAQ:ATSG) which in an interesting coincidence has Groveland founder Nick Swenson as its Chairman of the Board.
- Shares of Biglari Holdings are down 7.1% over the last 52 weeks.
- Previously: Expensive signs at Steak N' Shake (Jan. 21 2015)
- Previously: Biglari Holdings fights back against activist investor (Mar. 12 2015)
Apr. 7, 2015, 11:15 AM
- A number of air transport stocks are on the rise after FedEx ponies up $4.8B for TNT Express.
- There's some confidence from analysts that more sector consolidation could be on tap.
- Gainers include Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG) +3.8%, Air T (NASDAQ:AIRT) +3.7%, Deutsche Post (OTCPK:DPSGY, OTCPK:DPSTF) +1.4% , Atlas Air Worldwide (NASDAQ:AAWW) +1.5%, and PostNL (OTCPK:PNLYY, OTC:TNTFF) +11.7%.
- Even UPS (NYSE:UPS) is out ahead of the broad market with a +0.6% gain.
- Previously: FedEx to buy TNT Express for €4.4B
- Previously: Investors and analysts applaud FedEx-TNT deal
Mar. 5, 2015, 5:33 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q4 EPS of $0.17 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $157.94M (+0.6% Y/Y) beats by $8.24M.
Mar. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 6:03 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q3 EPS of $0.15 in-line.
- Revenue of $138.44M (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $13.96M.
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Air Transport Services Group Inc, through its subsidiaries, provides airline operations, aircraft leases, aircraft maintenance and other support services mainly to the air cargo transportation and package delivery industries.
Other News & PR