Air Transport Services Group Ready To Take Off
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Air Transport Group Delivering On Schedule
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, May 12, 6:15 PM
- Air Transport Services Group (NASDAQ:ATSG) has added another $100M to its stock repurchase authorization, in a move to combat some potential dilution ahead.
- The company had a $50M buyback authorization from August 2014, and has bought back about $18.3M under that program.
- The new move is meant to "accommodate an accelerated pace of share repurchases by ATSG," says CEO Joe Hete, considering the potential dilutive effects of warrants granted to its customer Amazon.com.
- The warrants are for the purchase of up to 19.9% of ATSG common shares through March 2021. Shares fell in March after details about Amazon's warrants emerged in filings, though they had jumped on news of the two companies' air cargo network deal.
- Now read Air Transport Services Group's Amazon Deal And DHL Relationship To Drive Growth
Tue, May 10, 4:54 PM
Mon, May 9, 5:35 PM
- AG, ALB, ALRM, AMBC, AMRS, ATSG, BUFF, CALL, CGIX, CHMI, CJES, CSLT, CYTX, DGLY, DIS, DXPE, EA, ECPG, ENSG, ESIO, EVRI, EXAM, FF, FIVN, FNGN, FOGO, FOR, FOSL, FTEK, FUEL, GALE, HCKT, HLIT, HLTH, ICUI, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, KEYW, KGC, LDRH, MTSC, NEWR, NUAN, PLNT, PSEC, PVCT, QNST, QTM, RBCN, RELY, REXX, RMTI, RTK, SCSC, TDOC, VTAE, XON, XONE, ZAGG, ZFGN, ZGNX, ZLTQ
Fri, Mar. 18, 5:56 PM
- Air Transport Services Group (NASDAQ:ATSG) is down 2.1% after hours to $14.25 after filing a 13G stating Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) was granted a warrant on March 8 that can be exercised to acquire 7.1M shares (a 10% stake) upon the earlier of ATSG's next shareholder meeting and July 8. The shares are currently worth $101M.
- Amazon could obtain another 5.7M shares through the warrant "upon the achievement of certain commercial milestones." The disclosure comes a week after Amazon and ATSG announced a deal through which the latter will operate a U.S. air cargo network for the former, with Amazon leasing 20 Boeing 767 jets along the way.
- At the time, the companies said Amazon is receiving warrants to buy a 19.9% stake in ATSG over a 5-year period, at a price of $9.73/share (ATSG's Feb. 9 close).
Thu, Mar. 17, 10:15 AM
- UPS (UPS +1.7%), XPO Logistics (XPO +3.6%), and Air Transport Services Group (ATSG +0.8%), C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW +0.8%), and Expeditors International (EXPD +1.2%) are all out ahead of broad market averages after results at FedEx shine.
- Some confident talk from FedEx execs on the firm's conference call over the threat of Amazon may be doing the trick as much as the improved operating margin rate put in by the shipper.
- Previously: FedEx beats by $0.17, beats on revenue (Mar. 16 2016)
- Previously: Express delivers for FedEx in FQ3 (Mar. 17 2016)
Wed, Mar. 9, 11:38 AM
- Air Transport Services Group (NASDAQ:ATSG) is now up 19% after the company's deal to assist Amazon with an air cargo network was disclosed earlier.
- Though it wasn't a secret that Air Transport was running a air delivery service test for a large client, the Seattle company's interest in an ownership stake in ATSG is a new development.
- FedEX (FDX -1.4%) and UPS (UPS -1.2%) are both lower with the competitive landscape changed.
- Previously: Air Transport Services and Amazon sign air cargo network deal (Mar. 09 2016)
Wed, Mar. 9, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: LINE +27%. ATSG +24%. REXX +21%. DNR +19%. CRC +17%. BUFF +14%. LNCO +14%. BIOC +14%. SXE +14%. CJES +14%. SGY +14%. BETR +11%. AMRN +10%. BTE +9%. DANG +9%. BCEI +8%. GGB +7%. WLL +7%. SDLP +7%. EXPR +7%. CLF 6%. PBR 6%. CHK 6%. PBR.A 5%.
- Losers: SDRL -13%. DSX -9%. BPT -9%. GRPN -5%. PLNT -5%. YELP -5%.
Wed, Mar. 9, 8:01 AM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG) signs a deal with Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) to operate an air cargo network in the U.S.
- The deal includes leasing 20 Boeing 767 freight aircraft to Amazon Fulfillment Services.
- Amazon will also hold warrants giving it the right to acquire up to 19.9% of Air Transport Services over a five-year period.
- ATSG +10% premarket to $12.95. AMZN +0.7% to $564.18. FedEx (NYSE:FDX) and UPS (NYSE:UPS) are on watch due to the development in their space.
Tue, Mar. 8, 9:46 PM
Mon, Mar. 7, 5:35 PM
Dec. 2, 2015, 12:17 PM
- Transportation stocks are lower on the day on some broad macroeconomic concerns. Some BAML downgrades in the sector are also weighing on sentiment.
- Trading is notably weak in CXS Corp (CSX -2.3%), American Railcar Industries (ARII -2.6%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -1.9%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -5.7%), Heartland Express (HTLD -3.7%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -3%), FedEx (FDX -0.9%), UPS (UPS -0.5%), Air Transport Services (ATSG -1.7%), and Matson (MATX -2.5%).
- A notable exception to the sector slide is airline stocks which are showing strength after Delta Air Lines (DAL +2.7%) reported some eye-opening capacity constraint. The major carrier increased passenger revenue per available seat mile sand load factor during November. A 3% decline in crude oil prices is also factoring in to the rally in airline stocks.
- United Continental (UAL +3.2%), Hawaiian Holdings (HA +2.9%), Southwest Airlines (LUV +2.3%), and Republic Airways Holdings (RJET +4.4%) are all solidly higher.
- The Dow Jones Transportation Average is down 0.8% off the conflicting forces of gravity.
- Related ETFs: IYT, XTN, JETS.
Nov. 5, 2015, 6:08 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q3 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $142.31M (+2.8% Y/Y) misses by $5.81M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Oct. 27, 2015, 3:29 PM
- Railroad and trucking stocks are down today on a mix of news seen as negative for the transportation sector. UPS reported lower package volume in Q3 and durable-goods orders fell in September.
- Decliners include Norfolk Southern (NSC -3.6%), Union Pacific (UNP -5.1%), CSX Corporation (CSX -3.8%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -4.4%), Canadian Pacific(CP -5.4%), Canadian National Railway (CNI -3.9%), Genesee & Wyoming (GWR -5.3%), XPO Logistics (XPO -11.8%), Echo Global Logistics (ECHO -12.6%), C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW -2.8%), Radiant Logistics (RLGT -7.9%), FedEx (FDX -1.4%), Air T (AIRT -5.9%), and Air Transport Services (ATSG -3.2%).
- The iShares Dow Jones Transportation ETF (NYSEARCA:IYT) is down 2.7%.
- Related: Tough day for four wheelers (Oct. 27)
Oct. 13, 2015, 1:12 PM
- Transportation stocks are weak today on macroeconomic concerns and with a guidance cut from Ryder capturing some attention. Investment firms have also chipped away at the airline and railroad sectors with downgrades and price target revisions.
- The move lower includes a wide variety of trucking, freight, and logistics stocks. FedEx (FDX -1.4%), Norfolk Southern (NSC -1.5%), CSX Corporation (CSX -1.7%), Knight Transportation (KNX -4.8%), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT -2.4%), Landstar System (LSTR -1.5%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.7%), Air Transport Services Group (ATSG -1.6%), Allegiant Travel (ALGT -3.4%), Virgin America (VA -4.3%), and Hub Group (HUBG -2.9%) are all lower than broad market averages.
- The Dow Jones Transportation Average is off 1.76% vs. the S&P 500 -0.26%.
- Related ETFs: IYT, XTN.
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:47 PM
- Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG): Q2 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $148.35M (-0.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.59M.
- Shares +0.06%.
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. provides airline operations, aircraft leases, aircraft maintenance and other support services primarily to the cargo transportation and package delivery industries. The company operates through two segments: ACMI Services and CAM. The ACMI Services segment... More
Industry: Air Delivery & Freight Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR