AU Optronics Corp.NYSE
Wed, Jul. 27, 6:09 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Fri, May 20, 10:56 AM
- Lam Research (LRCX +4.1%), KLA-Tencor (KLAC +2.3%), ASML (ASML +2.2%), Axcelis (ACLS +3.9%), Kulicke & Soffa (KLIC +3%), Ultratech (UTEK +3.5%), Teradyne (TER +2.3%), Rudolph Technologies (RTEC +2.6%), and Xcerra (XCRA +2.7%) are outperforming after Applied Materials (AMAT +13.2%) beat FQ2 estimates, provided FQ3 guidance that was well above consensus, and reported FQ2 orders rose 52% Q/Q and 37% Y/Y to $3.45B. The Nasdaq is up 1.2%.
- Applied's order growth was fueled in large part by display equipment orders totaling $700M, up sharply from $183M in the prior quarter and $120M a year ago. On its earnings call, AMAT said display order strength is likely to continue "over the rest of 2016," and is being driven by mobile-related OLED investments - many reports have indicated Apple plans to bring iPhones sporting OLEDs to market next year.
- OLED materials/IP provider Universal Display (OLED +5.2%) is rallying. As are display panel makers LG Display (LPL +6.5%) and AU Optronics (AUO +3.2%), each of which have been stepping up their OLED investments, and industrial laser maker Coherent (COHR +2.5%), which has recently seen an OLED-related order surge.
- Also: Applied's NAND flash-related orders more than doubled Y/Y to nearly $1B thanks to its customers' 3D NAND investments. That more than offset softer DRAM and foundry-related chip equipment demand. On the call, Applied suggested NAND orders will slow a bit in the second half of FY16, but remain strong overall. Foundry demand is expected to grow somewhat this year, with Applied gaining share. Industry wafer fab equipment demand is expected to be flat to slightly up.
- B. Riley has upgraded Applied to Buy, and several firms have hiked their targets. Cowen's Tim Arcuri thinks $3 in annual EPS is now possible. Credit Suisse's Farhan Ahmad: "AMAT is clearly outgrowing peers this year, driven by favourable mix shift within WFE (NAND/Foundry increasing, DRAM declining) and strong growth in Display (China/OLED investments)."
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:15 AM
- AU Optronics (NYSE:AUO): Q1 EPS of -NT$0.57
- Revenue of NT$71.14B (-25.4% Y/Y)
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Jan. 28, 5:41 AM
- AU Optronics (NYSE:AUO): Q4 EPS of -NT$0.85
- Revenue of NT$83.44B (-20.9% Y/Y)
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Tue, Jan. 12, 12:35 PM
- Focus Taiwan states "media reports" indicate Apple is planning to invest in AU Optronics (AUO +3.9%) as part of its efforts to secure OLED supplies for future iPhones. AU (unsurprisingly) declined to comment.
- Korea's Economic Times reported in late December Samsung and LG Display are close to OLED supply deals with Apple. A month before that, Japan's Nikkei reported Apple will launch iPhones sporting OLEDs in 2018.
- SA PRO author Esekla argued last month AU is an ideal OLED supply partner for Apple, and noted the company's long history of OLED-related R&D.
Dec. 21, 2015, 12:45 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 27, 2015, 6:58 AM
- AU Optronics (NYSE:AUO): Q3 EPADS of $0.11 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.7B (-23.1% Y/Y) misses by $50M.
Aug. 31, 2015, 2:51 PM
- Bernstein has upgraded AU Optronics (AUO) to Outperform from Underperform.
- The Taiwanese LCD panel maker remains down 38% YTD. Soft PC and TV growth, and their impact on panel prices, has weighed on shares.
Jul. 31, 2015, 9:19 AM
Jul. 28, 2015, 6:28 AM
- AU Optronics (NYSE:AUO): Q2 EPS of NT$0.47 vs. NT$0.42 in 2Q14
- Revenue of NT$92.3B (-9.6% Y/Y)
Jul. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AGCO, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, ARG, ARLP, ARW, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BP, BTU, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COMM, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DHI, DHX, ECL, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, FSS, GLW, GPN, GRUB, ICLR, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, JEC, KEM, LH, LPT, LYB, MAS, MMC, MRK, MZOR, NCI, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, OAK, OFC, PCAR, PCH, PCP, PFE, POR, RAI, RDWR, SALT, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WYN
Apr. 28, 2015, 9:16 AM
- AU Optronics (NYSE:AUO): Q1 EPS of NT$0.54 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of NT$95.3B