Sell Osisko Gold Royalties, Buy Yamana Gold Instead
SomaBull • 32 Comments
SomaBull • 32 Comments
Yesterday, 3:47 PM
- IAMGOLD (IAG -0.6%) is upgraded to Neutral from Sell with a $52.25 price target, raised from $3, at Credit Suisse, which raises its forecast for 2016-17 gold prices.
- Credit Suisse now forecasts the gold price to rise through the rest of this year, averaging $1,475/oz. in Q4 2016 and $1,500/oz. in Q1 2017, with an average of $1,450/oz. in 2017 from $1,313/oz. previously.
- On IAG, the firm believes the company is turning the corner on operational and financial delivery following a challenging three-year period, and cites IAG's above-average leverage to gold prices and benefit from cost exposure to the Canadian dollar and euro.
- Credit Suisse also upgrades both Yamana Gold (AUY -0.5%) and Silver Wheaton (SLW +3.1%) to Outperform from Neutral in conjunction with its increased gold price forecast.
Fri, Jun. 24, 9:11 AM
- Gainers: AAU +20%. VGZ +18%. MUX +13%. AKG +12%. GPL +13%. GORO +12%. GFI +12%. EMES +12%. GOLD +12%. AU +12%. SBGL +11%. EXK +11%. KGC +10%. HMY +11%. SAND +10%. ABX +10%. EGO +9%. SA +7%. IAG +9%. AUY +9%. CDE 9%. NGD 9%. AEM 8%. NEM 8%. GG 8%. NG 8%. FSM 7%.
- Losers: LYG -27%. BCS -26%. SAN -24%. RBS -23%. AV -23%. BBVA -22%. DB -18%. ING -18%. BT -18%. VNR -11%. TEF -17%. CS -16%. PUK -15%. MT -15%. AEG -14%. RYAAY -13%. UBS -12%. FCAU -12%. GNCA -12%. NOK -12%. BBL -11%. IPI -11%. TOT -11%. ANFI -11%. MNKD -10%. BCEI -8%. VMEM -10%.
Fri, Jun. 24, 8:48 AM
- While stock futures remain under tremendous pressure following the Brexit vote, gold miner shares are soaring in premarket action, as the added uncertainty in the global economy sparks a surge in gold prices.
- The Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) +9.5% premarket, putting it on course to open at the highest level since July 2014; among GDX's components, Newmont Mining +7.7% toward a three-year high even though NEM derived 64.1% of its revenue over the last 12 months from the U.K., according to FactSet.
- Among other GDX members, Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) +7.5%, Barrick Gold (NYSE:ABX) +9.6% and Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY) +7.2%.
- Also premarket: KGC +8.9%, GOLD +11.6%, GFI +11.8%, RGLD +10.6%, HMY +11%, SBGL +12.4%, AEM +8.4%, SLW +5.6%, PAAS +6.1%, EGO +8.3%, NG +8.9%, IAG +8.4%, FNV +5%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, TGLDX, GDXX, GDXS
Mon, Jun. 20, 10:22 AM
- Gold futures -0.8% at ~$1,284/oz. after weekend polls showed a higher likelihood that the U.K. would vote to stay in the European Union.
- “This is a market that’s going to be very emotional this week” ahead of the June 23 referendum, says Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals, who believes that broader economic concerns and low interest rates will continue to support gold prices regardless of the Brexit outcome.
- Gold has risen 21% YTD amid worries over global growth and as the Fed has pushed back plans to raise short-term interest rates.
- Precious metals miners are among the biggest losers in early trading: ABX -3.8%, GG -2.4%, NEM -2.5%, AEM -1.6%, KGC -4.4%, SLW -1.7%, PAAS -2.7%, RGLD -0.8%, EGO -1.4%, NG -1.6%, GFI -4.8%, AUY -1.4%, IAG -1.8%, FNV -1%, HMY -2.3%, SBGL -2.6%, OTCPK:NCMGY -5%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, GGN, DUST, PSLV, SIL, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, GLDX, UGL, DGP, GTU, UGLD, GLL, DZZ, SLVO, SGDM, GLDI, ASA, DSLV, OUNZ, SLVP, DGL, RING, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, GYEN, USV, GEUR, UBG
Thu, Jun. 16, 9:17 AM
Fri, Jun. 10, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 3:58 PM
- Gold miner stocks are skyrocketing, with the sector enjoying its best day in nearly seven years, as the disappointing May jobs report helped spark a strong rally in the yellow metal.
- The VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX +11.1%) surged more than 10% on heavy volume, and all 24 of the ETF’s U.S. equity components traded higher, with 10 of them enjoying double-digit percentage gains.
- In today's trade: ABX +12.9%, NEM +9.5%, GG +7.7%, AEM +11.1%, OTCPK:NCMGY +10.7%, KGC +15.4%, SLW +9%, FNV +9.1%, RGLD +9.4%, EGO +9.8%, GFI +13.7%, SBGL +8.2%, HMY +13%, IAG +16.4%, AU +14.4%, GOLD +8.6%, AUY +13.9%, NGD +9.6%, HL +12.1%, CDE +11.6%, TAHO +10.8%, NG +12.2%, AG +12.3%, PAAS +8.9%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDXX, GDJJ, GDXS, GDJS
Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM| Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM | 26 Comments
Thu, May 12, 7:19 PM
- BMO Capital becomes more bullish on precious metals, as it upgrades six gold and silver stocks including five to buy ratings.
- The 20% YTD rise in gold and silver prices should continue over the medium term, the firm says, lending to price targets of $1,400/oz. for gold and $22.50/oz. for silver by the end of Q1 2017.
- BMO upgrades Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY), Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW), Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE), Pan American Silver (NASDAQ:PAAS) and Detour Gold (OTCPK:DRGDF) to Outperform from Market Perform, and hikes Oceana Gold (OTCPK:OCANF) to Market Perform from Underperform; price targets are $5.50 for AUY (raised from $1), $24 for SLW (jumping from $4.50), $11 for CDE (up from $3), and $19 for PAAS (from $7.50).
- However, the firm downgrades Agnico-Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM), Franco-Nevada (NYSE:FNV) and Fortuna Silver (NYSE:FSM) to Market Perform from Outperform, saying their stocks already have factored in higher gold and silver prices.
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Wed, May 4, 5:54 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:11 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Mon, Apr. 11, 12:18 PM
- Yamana Gold (AUY +7%) surges along with other gold mining stocks, as it announces Q1 production of 308K oz. of gold, 1.9M oz. of silver and 26M lbs. of copper, all of which meet or exceed the company's guidance.
- AUY says its RDM acquisition will raise the production profile of the Brio Gold division to an initial annualized production at full capacity of ~250K gold oz., which would further increase to 350K oz. upon the recommissioning of C1 Santa Luz; for 2016, AUY says it is focused on optimizing production and costs from and value for RDM, improving the production and value of Brio Gold.
- AUY also sees FY 2016 total gold production of 1.264M-1.335M oz., 2017 output of 1.378M oz. and 1.455M oz. in 2018, as well as FY 2016 silver production of 6.915M-7.173M oz., 2017 output of 6.94M oz. and 10.45M oz. in 2018.
- Now read Yamana Gold: A look at short-term price moves of this good long-term candidate
Fri, Feb. 19, 9:44 AM
Yamana Gold, Inc. is a gold producer company, which engages in production, development and exploration of gold properties and land positions in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico and Colombia. The company's projects include Chapada, Jacobina and Fazenda Brasileiro projects in Brazil, El Penon and... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Other News & PR