Yamana Gold Inc.NYSE
Sell Osisko Gold Royalties, Buy Yamana Gold Instead
SomaBull • 32 Comments
SomaBull • 32 Comments
Fri, Jun. 10, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 3:58 PM
- Gold miner stocks are skyrocketing, with the sector enjoying its best day in nearly seven years, as the disappointing May jobs report helped spark a strong rally in the yellow metal.
- The VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX +11.1%) surged more than 10% on heavy volume, and all 24 of the ETF’s U.S. equity components traded higher, with 10 of them enjoying double-digit percentage gains.
- In today's trade: ABX +12.9%, NEM +9.5%, GG +7.7%, AEM +11.1%, OTCPK:NCMGY +10.7%, KGC +15.4%, SLW +9%, FNV +9.1%, RGLD +9.4%, EGO +9.8%, GFI +13.7%, SBGL +8.2%, HMY +13%, IAG +16.4%, AU +14.4%, GOLD +8.6%, AUY +13.9%, NGD +9.6%, HL +12.1%, CDE +11.6%, TAHO +10.8%, NG +12.2%, AG +12.3%, PAAS +8.9%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDXX, GDJJ, GDXS, GDJS
Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM| Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM | 26 Comments
Thu, May 12, 7:19 PM
- BMO Capital becomes more bullish on precious metals, as it upgrades six gold and silver stocks including five to buy ratings.
- The 20% YTD rise in gold and silver prices should continue over the medium term, the firm says, lending to price targets of $1,400/oz. for gold and $22.50/oz. for silver by the end of Q1 2017.
- BMO upgrades Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY), Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW), Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE), Pan American Silver (NASDAQ:PAAS) and Detour Gold (OTCPK:DRGDF) to Outperform from Market Perform, and hikes Oceana Gold (OTCPK:OCANF) to Market Perform from Underperform; price targets are $5.50 for AUY (raised from $1), $24 for SLW (jumping from $4.50), $11 for CDE (up from $3), and $19 for PAAS (from $7.50).
- However, the firm downgrades Agnico-Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM), Franco-Nevada (NYSE:FNV) and Fortuna Silver (NYSE:FSM) to Market Perform from Outperform, saying their stocks already have factored in higher gold and silver prices.
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Wed, May 4, 5:54 PM
- Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY) declares $0.005/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.47%
- Payable July 14; for shareholders of record June 30; ex-div June 28.
Wed, May 4, 5:11 PM
- Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY): Q1 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $430.3M (-6.1% Y/Y) misses by $4.38M.
- Shares -1% AH.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Mon, Apr. 11, 12:18 PM
- Yamana Gold (AUY +7%) surges along with other gold mining stocks, as it announces Q1 production of 308K oz. of gold, 1.9M oz. of silver and 26M lbs. of copper, all of which meet or exceed the company's guidance.
- AUY says its RDM acquisition will raise the production profile of the Brio Gold division to an initial annualized production at full capacity of ~250K gold oz., which would further increase to 350K oz. upon the recommissioning of C1 Santa Luz; for 2016, AUY says it is focused on optimizing production and costs from and value for RDM, improving the production and value of Brio Gold.
- AUY also sees FY 2016 total gold production of 1.264M-1.335M oz., 2017 output of 1.378M oz. and 1.455M oz. in 2018, as well as FY 2016 silver production of 6.915M-7.173M oz., 2017 output of 6.94M oz. and 10.45M oz. in 2018.
- Now read Yamana Gold: A look at short-term price moves of this good long-term candidate
Fri, Feb. 19, 9:44 AM
- Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY) declares $0.005/share quarterly dividend, -66.7% decrease from prior dividend of $0.015.
- Forward yield 0.72%
- Payable April 14; for shareholders of record March 31; ex-div March 29.
Fri, Feb. 19, 12:50 AM
- Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY): Q4 EPS of -$0.01 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $463M (-14.7% Y/Y) misses by $9.82M.
- FY15 gold production 1.28M ounce, silver production 9.0M ounce, copper 131M pounds.
- FY16 Guidance: gold production 1.23M - 1.31M ounce, silver production 6.9M - 7.2M ounce, copper production 122M-125M pounds.
- Shares +1.3% PM.
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
Tue, Feb. 16, 3:49 PM
- Gold prices tumbled to their sharpest single-session loss since March 2015, based on most-active contracts, as investors turned more optimistic on the global economy after stock markets rallied and the European Central Bank said it stood ready to boost stimulus measures if needed.
- Adding to gold's decline was a report from Goldman Sachs commodities chief Jeffrey Currie, who said it is time to bet against the traditional safe haven as investor fears are overdone and do not justify the recent rally.
- "On net, fears around China, oil and negative interest rates have likely been overstated in the gold price and other financial markets," Currie says, doubling down on an earlier prediction that gold will slump to $1,100/oz. in three months and $1,000/oz. in 12 months.
- ABX -5.2%, NEM -5.1%, GG -5.5%, AEM -4.1%, SLW -2.9%, KGC -9.5%, NG -5.8%, AU -10.1%, FNV -3.8%, GFI -10.7%, HMY -5.3%, SBGL -11.6%, IAG -10.7%, GOLD -6.5%, EGO -10.5%, AUY -7.1%, HL -7.7%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, GGN, CEF, PSLV, DUST, SIL, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, GLDX, DGP, GTU, SPPP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, SGDM, DSLV, ASA, OUNZ, SLVP, DGL, DBS, GLTR, RING, DGZ, DGLD, DBP, WITE, PSAU, TGLDX, USV, GEUR, GYEN, JJP, UBG, GDXS, GDXX
Tue, Feb. 16, 9:13 AM| Tue, Feb. 16, 9:13 AM | 1 Comment
Fri, Feb. 12, 11:49 AM
- Argentina Pres. Macri, who took office in December on a platform of repealing government intervention that had choked investments, announces a tax relief plan for mining companies operating in the country.
- The tax cut adds to Macri’s elimination of currency and capital controls that, along with falling prices, led to a $2B slump in mining exports since 2012.
- Barrick Gold (ABX -0.5%) operates the Veladero mine in Argentina, AngloGold Ashanti (AU -2.5%) owns a 92.5% stake the Cerro Vanguardia mine, and Goldcorp’s (GG +1.8%) assets in the country include a 37.5% stake in the Glencore-controlled Alumbrera (OTCPK:GLCNF, OTCPK:GLNCY) mine and its Cerro Negro mine.; other foreign mining companies with Argentine operations include Yamana Gold (AUY -0.3%) and Silver Standard Resources (SSRI +1.3%).