Mar. 6, 2014, 4:11 AM
- Aviva's (AV) adjusted operating profit rose 6% to £2.05B ($3.43B) in 2013 as the value of new business climbed 13% to £835M after dropping in 2012
- The insurer said it's on track to deliver £400M in cost cuts by the end of 2014.
- Massive U.K. flooding this year has cost Aviva £60M.
- Aviva increased its final dividend to 9.4 pence from 9 pence, bringing the total for 2013 to 15 pence vs 19 pence in 2012.
- Shares are +8.2% in London. (PR)
Aug. 8, 2013, 4:24 AM
- Aviva (AV): H1 operating profit +5% to £1.01B ($1.6B), above consensus of £933M.
- Value of new business +17% to £401M, boosted by the U.K., France and Asia, although sales slumped in Italy and Spain.
- Underlying pretax profit £605M vs £309M.
- IFRS profit after tax £776M vs loss of £624M a year earlier, when Aviva took a £3.3B writedown on U.S. operations.
- Operational capital generation £936M vs 906M last year.
- Combined operating ratio, or claims and expenses as a proportion of premiums, +96.2% vs 95.5% last year, indicating that underwriting didn't improve.
- Restructuring costs -10% to £164M.
- Expects to complete the sale of its U.S. operations by the end of 2013.
- As expected, to pay H1 dividend of 5.6 pence/share.
- Shares +6.3% in London.
May 16, 2013, 9:14 AM
Mar. 7, 2013, 1:10 PM
Mar. 7, 2013, 9:10 AM
Mar. 7, 2013, 3:36 AMAviva (AV): 2012 after-tax loss £3.05B vs £60M profit in 2011, due to writedown on the sale of its US business. Operating profit -4% to €1.78B. Slashes Q4 dividend to 9 pence from 16 pence to help pay debt, build up capital reserves, and put the insurer in "a sound position for the future." Shares -12.7% in London. (PR) | Mar. 7, 2013, 3:36 AM | Comment!
AV vs. ETF Alternatives
Aviva PLC operates across four market sectors: life insurance and savings; general insurance, health insurance and fund management. Its operating segments are UK & Ireland; France; Poland; Italy, Spain and Other; Canada; Asia; and Aviva Investors.
Other News & PR