There are no Focus articles on AWCMF.
Tue, Jan. 21, 10:35 AM
- Alcoa (AA +5.2%) continues its unlikely march higher, as J.P. Morgan predicts tightening aluminum markets and higher prices will boost earnings.
- "Given the pace and amount at which premiums have recently increased, it is clearly difficult to forecast for how long they will remain near current levels which we believe provide a significant amount of earnings support to [Alcoa]’s primary aluminum smelting operations," the firm writes.
- The firm upgrades AA shares to Overweight from Neutral with a $15 price target, up from $9, and raises Century Aluminum (CENX +5.3%) to Overweight from Underweight with a $13 target, up from $6.
- Also: AWC +5.5%, KALU +0.5%, ACH +0.2%, NOR +4.5%.
Dec. 27, 2013, 4:29 AM
- The WSJ shines a light onto "shadow warehouses," a hidden system of facilities that store tens of millions of tons of aluminum, copper, nickel and zinc across the globe for banks, hedge funds and commodity merchants.
- The warehouses operate outside the London Metal Exchange's system, are unregulated, and don't provide details of their holdings. As a result, it's unclear how much metal is held in the shadow system. This lack of visibility could cause major price swings.
- The WSJ article follows allegations that warehousing companies have artificially boosted the price of metals, particularly aluminum.
- Companies that operate metals warehouses include Goldman Sachs (GS), Glencore Xstrata (GLCNF) and JPMorgan (JPM), although the latter is looking to sell its commodities unit.
- Relevant tickers include VALE, AA, AWC, KALU, MNSF, CENX, NOR, BHP, RIO, ACH.
- ETFs: DBC, JJC, DBB, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, CFD, JJN, JJT, BOM, RGRC, CPER, CTF, RJZ, GSC, LSC, GSP, JJU, DEE, BDD, BOS, JJM, DYY, DDP, DJCI, LD, CMD, BCM, CUPM, UCI, RGRI, UCD, UBM, FOIL, BDG, LEDD, CMDT, SBV, USMI, DPU, NINI, FTGC, CSCB, CSCR, HEVY
Feb. 14, 2013, 7:24 AM
Apr. 11, 2012, 7:56 AM
Jan. 6, 2012, 10:33 AMAlcoa (AA -2.7%) is selling off after announcing a restructuring plan meant to cope with a weak demand/pricing environment, and is taking some other aluminum makers down with it. NOR -5.6%. ACH -3%. AWC -2.6%. Dahlman Rose (Buy) thinks Alcoa's move will help stabilize aluminum prices; other aluminum producers have also been cutting output. (previously) | Comment!
Oct. 6, 2011, 11:07 AM
Sep. 20, 2011, 8:19 AM
Apr. 11, 2011, 7:36 AM
Feb. 10, 2011, 7:53 AM
Jan. 31, 2011, 4:08 PM
May. 20, 2010, 9:05 AMMetal miners and solar stocks are among the big premarket losers: IRE -18%. NETS -14%. AGEN -10%. RSO -9%. RTP -8%. AEZS -8%. NGG -8%. ALU -8%. ABK -8%. JASO -7%. MT -7%. TSL -7%. BHP -6%. CTIC -6%. YGE -6%. RCL -6%. STD -6%. STO -6%. CENX -6%. VALE -5%. VVUS -5%. KERX -5%. CRXX -5%. MTL -5%. AWC -5%. DRYS -5%. GOLD -5%. AIB -5%. LVS -5%. STM -5%. SIRI -5%. BBVA -5%. CLF -4%. | 4 Comments
Dec. 18, 2008, 9:00 AM
Nov. 11, 2008, 5:48 AM
Oct. 8, 2008, 5:43 AM
AWCMF vs. ETF Alternatives
Alumina and its subsidiaries strategy is to invest world-wide in bauxite mining, alumina refining and selected aluminium smelting operations through our 40% ownership of Alcoa World Alumina & Chemicals (AWAC), the world's largest alumina business.
Other News & PR