Wed, May 4, 5:21 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Fri, Apr. 22, 3:06 PM
Wed, Mar. 30, 2:54 PM
- American Water Works (AWK +0.2%) subsidiary Pennsylvania American Water agrees to acquire the wastewater assets of the Scranton Sewer Authority for ~$195M.
- The Scranton sewer system, which serves ~31K customers, is under an EPA consent decree that mandates upgrades totaling ~$140M.
- AWK says it overhaul of the system can save Scranton customers more than $350M on their sewer bills over the next 30 years, or ~$7.6K per resident.
Tue, Mar. 1, 5:45 PM| Tue, Mar. 1, 5:45 PM | 7 Comments
Fri, Feb. 26, 12:58 PM
- American Water Works (AWK -3%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney on valuation, with the stock now trading above the firm's fair value estimate of $66.
- AWK is trading in line with or above water utility peers, and the firm sees limited potential for further multiple expansion unless the 10-year Treasury yield declines meaningfully.
- Janney says utility companies have benefited from the demand for quality and safety in the current market environment, with P/E ratios for several stocks setting set new record highs.
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:14 AM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ALDW, ALJ, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AWK, AWR, AXTI, BLDP, BWXT, CEMP, CHDN, CLGX, CLI, CLR, CRM, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DAVE, DMRC, DOOR, DPM, DTLK, DYN, ECPG, EPR, EQY, ESV, ETE, ETP, FARO, FLTX, FOE, FRGI, FUEL, GDOT, GMED, GXP, HPQ, HTH, IL, IMAX, INN, KEYW, LB, LGCY, LQ, MMLP, MTDR, NFX, NLY, NSPH, NTES, OAS, PE, PHH, QEP, RATE, RBCN, RGR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RLYP, RSPP, SBY, SN, SPTN, SRC, SUN, SXL, TAL, TCAP, TILE, TNDM, TS, TSLX, TUMI, TXTR, VIPS, WES, WGP, WLL, WPX, WR, WSR, XPO, ZPIN
Dec. 31, 2015, 7:09 PM
- California American Water -- a unit of American Water Works (AWK -1.2%) -- said today it closed on an acquisition of Dunnigan Water Works, a deal long in the making.
- California American Water gets the water and wastewater systems for $2M. The company currently supplies service to about 60,000 homes and businesses in Sacramento and Placer counties in California.
Dec. 11, 2015, 1:06 PM
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:38 PM
- American Water Works (NYSE:AWK): Q3 EPS of $0.96 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $896.2M (+5.9% Y/Y) misses by $12.62M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Oct. 30, 2015, 11:19 AM
- American Water Works (NYSE:AWK) declares $0.34/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.36%
- Payable Dec. 1; for shareholders of record Nov. 9; ex-div Nov. 5.
Sep. 25, 2015, 8:18 PM
- American Water Works (AWK +1%) has received a new contract to own, operate and maintain water and wastewater for Vandenberg Air Force Base in a deal worth about $298M over a 50-year span.
- The deal is with American Water's Military Services group, which serves 11 other installations around the country as part of the U.S. government's Utilities Privatization Program.
- In last after-hours action: AWK +1.6%.
Aug. 10, 2015, 7:15 PM
- Macquarie analyst Andrew Weisel makes a bullish case for utilities such as Edison International (NYSE:EIX), American Water Works (NYSE:AWK) and Aqua America (NYSE:WTR), noting that regulated utilities have boosted dividends by a median of 6.4% over the past year despite ambitious capex plans, and valuations look attractive.
- Weisel prefers growth over yield, emphasizing that utilities with a top-quartile long-term growth outlook consistently outperform those with top-quartile dividend yields; he forecasts the fastest growth for EIX, AWK and WTR, and the slowest for Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK), PPL Corp. (NYSE:PPL) and Teco Energy (NYSE:TE).
- ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, SDP
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:53 PM
- American Water Works (NYSE:AWK): Q2 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $782.12M (+3.6% Y/Y) misses by $17.59M.
- Shares -0.72%.
American Water Works Co., Inc. provides water and wastewater utility services to residential, commercial, industrial, public, and other customers. It operates through two segments: Regulated Businesses and Market-Based Operations. The Regulated Businesses segment involves in the ownership of... More
Industry: Water Utilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR