American Water Works Company, Inc.NYSE
Wed, Nov. 9, 1:56 PM
- American Water Works (AWK -0.2%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral with an $84 price target, raised from $77, at BofA Merrill Lynch, saying AWK's dominant size and scope positions the company to “benefit the most from increased infrastructure spend and privatization."
- Pres.-elect Trump’s infrastructure platform likely would support M&A and organic growth, the firm says, and AWK's bolt-on acquisition strategy would benefit if government policy leans towards the use of private capital for infrastructure investment.
- AWK has a $12.6B market cap, which gives it a competitive edge in terms of cost of funds and footprint vs. its much smaller publicly owned peers, BofA says.
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:06 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ADSW, AEL, AIG, ALIM, ALL, ALNY, ALSK, AMRS, ARC, AREX, AVD, AWK, AWR, BBRG, BCOV, BEAT, BGC, BKCC, BKFS, BKH, BREW, BRKR, CABO, CAR, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CF, CGI, CHEF, CLR, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSGS, CSLT, CWEI, CXW, DMRC, DPLO, DPM, DVA, ENSG, EPAY, EQC, EQIX, ERII, ESRT, EVTC, EXAR, EYES, FB, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNF, FOE, FRSH, FRT, FSLR, FTK, G, GDDY, GPOR, HABT, HASI, HBM, HIVE, HOLX, HOS, HR, HSTM, HUBS, IAC, IL, INN, INOV, IO, IOSP, IRG, ITRI, IXYS, JONE, JRVR, KEYW, KGC, KTOS, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LOPE, LPI, LPLA, LQ, LSI, MANT, MASI, MCHX, MDU, MET, MGNX, MHLD, MRO, MTGE, MUSA, MWA, NBIX, NGHC, NLY, NPO, NSTG, NVDQ, OESX, OME, OSUR, OTTR, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PE, PEGA, PEI, PEIX, PGRE, PRA, PRAH, PRU, PTCT, QCOM, QGEN, QTWO, QUIK, REGI, REXR, RGLD, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RMP, ROG, RRD, RRGB, RRTS, RUBI, RXN, RYN, SBRA, SBY, SF, SRC, SWM, TCAP, TEP, TPC, TROX, TTEC, TTWO, TVIA, TWO, VNDA, VVC, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WSTL, WTI, WTS, WYNN, XEC, XOXO, XPO, ZNGA
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:47 PM
- A federal judge tentatively approves a $151M settlement involving two companies sued over a 2014 chemical spill that contaminated drinking water in southern West Virginia.
- West Virginia American Water (NYSE:AWK) will pay $126M and Eastman Chemical (NYSE:EMN) will pay $25M under the settlement, according to an attorney representing class-action residents and businesses.
- The money will be distributed to affected residents and businesses through an application process to be determined later.
Fri, Oct. 28, 10:37 AM
Sat, Oct. 22, 10:11 AM
- Severe storms in central and western Pennsylvania yesterday sent floodwaters into hundreds of homes and caused the rupture of a Sunoco Logistics (NYSE:SXL) pipeline that dumped 55K gallons of gasoline into a creek in Lycoming County.
- Pennsylvania American Water (NYSE:AWK) shut down its treatment plant along the Susquehanna River in Milton after state environmental officials warned the gasoline spill was nearing the area; the company says it should have adequate water supplies by redirecting water from another treatment plant.
- SXL says crews are using skimmers to remove gasoline from impacted waterways and erecting containment booms downstream.
Fri, Oct. 14, 3:33 PM
- American Water Works (AWK -0.1%) is initiated with an Outperform rating and $82 price target at Baird, which believes the company should be able to drive consistent earnings growth through investments in water infrastructure, acquisitions in the regulated market and growth in market-based segments.
- The firm also expects AWK to consistently increase its rate base through its broad geographical footprint.
- Although current water utility valuations are high based on historical multiples, Baird believes AWK is well positioned to remain a market leader, which should demand a premium multiple.
- Baird also starts coverage of California Water (CWT -1%) and Aqua America (WTR -0.7%) with Neutral ratings; CWT should see a step up in revenue and earnings beginning in 2017, pending a final decision on the 2015 general rate case in California, while WTR offers solid long-term prospects given its capital investment strategy and successful track record of growth through acquisitions.
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:00 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AGO, AGU, ALB, ALIM, ALL, ANDE, AREX, ATO, AWK, AWR, BBRG, BFAM, BGC, BIO, BKH, BNFT, BREW, BYD, CABO, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CF, CHDN, CIM, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CPA, CSGS, CSII, CTL, CXW, DENN, DEPO, DK, DKL, DPM, ECR, EPE, EPR, EQIX, ERII, ETE, ETP, EVC, EVHC, EXAR, EXEL, EXTR, FIVN, FOXA, FRGI, FRSH, FSLR, G, GBDC, GDDY, GERN, GPOR, HABT, HASI, HI, HIL, HIVE, HLF, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAG, IL, INOV, IO, IRG, ITRI, JACK, JCOM, JONE, JRVR, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LPI, MASI, MC, MED, MET, MNR, MRO, MTDR, MUSA, MWA, NBIX, NKTR, NLY, NNBR, NP, NSIT, NSTG, OAS, OME, OSUR, PDM, PE, PEGA, PMT, PODD, PRA, PRU, PRXL, QLYS, QTWO, QUIK, REXR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RMP, RNG, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SEMI, SGMO, SNCR, SQ, SQNM, SRC, SSS, STAA, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TDOC, TEAR, TEP, TLLP, TRIP, TRNC, TROX, TS, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TTEC, TWO, UHAL, VTAE, VVC, WCN, WGL, WMC, WPG, WPX, WU, XEC, XPO
Fri, Jul. 29, 12:01 PM
Mon, Jun. 27, 7:27 PM
- One of the biggest Brexit beneficiaries is the utilities sector, as the Dow Jones Utility Average and the SPDR Utilities Select Sector ETF both surged to new record highs as Treasury yields tumble to multiyear lows.
- The implied annual dividend yield for the Dow utilities is 3.08% and 3.18% for the utilities ETF, more than double the 10-year Treasury yield.
- J.P. Morgan equity strategists said today that they believe bond yields "are not going anywhere but lower,” and thus remain overweight on the utilities sector.
- At least six Dow utilities components posted record closes: NEE +3.3%, EIX +2.5%, AWK +2.4%, ED +1.9%, AEP +1.8%, PCG +0.8%.
- Among other major utilities in today's trade: SO +1.9%, DUK +1.9%, SCG +1.6%, ETR +1.1%, D +1%, AEE +1%, XEL +0.9%, SRE +0.9%, PEG +0.7%, FE +0.7%, EXC +0.6%.
- ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, PUI, SDP, PSCU
Wed, May 4, 5:21 PM
- American Water Works (NYSE:AWK): Q1 EPS of $0.46 in-line.
- Revenue of $743M (+6.4% Y/Y) beats by $15.71M.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Fri, Apr. 22, 3:06 PM
- American Water Works (NYSE:AWK) declares $0.375/share quarterly dividend, 10.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.34.
- Forward yield 2.17%
- Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 9; ex-div May 5.
Wed, Mar. 30, 2:54 PM
- American Water Works (AWK +0.2%) subsidiary Pennsylvania American Water agrees to acquire the wastewater assets of the Scranton Sewer Authority for ~$195M.
- The Scranton sewer system, which serves ~31K customers, is under an EPA consent decree that mandates upgrades totaling ~$140M.
- AWK says it overhaul of the system can save Scranton customers more than $350M on their sewer bills over the next 30 years, or ~$7.6K per resident.
Tue, Mar. 1, 5:45 PM| Tue, Mar. 1, 5:45 PM | 7 Comments