Wed, Mar. 30, 2:54 PM
- American Water Works (AWK +0.2%) subsidiary Pennsylvania American Water agrees to acquire the wastewater assets of the Scranton Sewer Authority for ~$195M.
- The Scranton sewer system, which serves ~31K customers, is under an EPA consent decree that mandates upgrades totaling ~$140M.
- AWK says it overhaul of the system can save Scranton customers more than $350M on their sewer bills over the next 30 years, or ~$7.6K per resident.
Dec. 31, 2015, 7:09 PM
- California American Water -- a unit of American Water Works (AWK -1.2%) -- said today it closed on an acquisition of Dunnigan Water Works, a deal long in the making.
- California American Water gets the water and wastewater systems for $2M. The company currently supplies service to about 60,000 homes and businesses in Sacramento and Placer counties in California.