Wed, Mar. 30, 2:54 PM
- American Water Works (AWK +0.2%) subsidiary Pennsylvania American Water agrees to acquire the wastewater assets of the Scranton Sewer Authority for ~$195M.
- The Scranton sewer system, which serves ~31K customers, is under an EPA consent decree that mandates upgrades totaling ~$140M.
- AWK says it overhaul of the system can save Scranton customers more than $350M on their sewer bills over the next 30 years, or ~$7.6K per resident.
Dec. 31, 2015, 7:09 PM
- California American Water -- a unit of American Water Works (AWK -1.2%) -- said today it closed on an acquisition of Dunnigan Water Works, a deal long in the making.
- California American Water gets the water and wastewater systems for $2M. The company currently supplies service to about 60,000 homes and businesses in Sacramento and Placer counties in California.
American Water Works Co., Inc. provides water and wastewater utility services to residential, commercial, industrial, public, and other customers. It operates through two segments: Regulated Businesses and Market-Based Operations. The Regulated Businesses segment involves in the ownership of... More
Industry: Water Utilities
Country: United States