Tue, Mar. 1, 5:45 PM| Tue, Mar. 1, 5:45 PM | 7 Comments
Fri, Feb. 26, 12:58 PM
- American Water Works (AWK -3%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney on valuation, with the stock now trading above the firm's fair value estimate of $66.
- AWK is trading in line with or above water utility peers, and the firm sees limited potential for further multiple expansion unless the 10-year Treasury yield declines meaningfully.
- Janney says utility companies have benefited from the demand for quality and safety in the current market environment, with P/E ratios for several stocks setting set new record highs.
Sep. 25, 2015, 8:18 PM
- American Water Works (AWK +1%) has received a new contract to own, operate and maintain water and wastewater for Vandenberg Air Force Base in a deal worth about $298M over a 50-year span.
- The deal is with American Water's Military Services group, which serves 11 other installations around the country as part of the U.S. government's Utilities Privatization Program.
- In last after-hours action: AWK +1.6%.
Jun. 18, 2015, 6:41 PM
- Rex Energy (NASDAQ:REXX) +2.2% AH after it agrees to sell its Keystone Clearwater Solutions water management unit in the Appalachian basin to American Water Works (NYSE:AWK) for $130M in cash and debt.
- REXX says the sale will help provide flexibility for the development of its core assets in the Appalachian Basin; AWK says the acquisition will enhance its ability to provide additional water services solutions to shale development companies.
- REXX expects to clear ~$66M on the deal after taxes and adjustments.
May 29, 2013, 2:41 PM
Mar. 7, 2013, 3:09 PM
Jan. 25, 2013, 12:55 PM
American Water Works (AWK -4%) slips today after releasing weak guidance for FY12 and FY13. The company nowe expects FY12 EPS from continuing operations to be at the low end of the previously issued guidance range of $2.12 - $2.22. Analysts are expecting an EPS of $2.19. For FY13, it anticipates its EPS to be in the range of $2.15 - $2.25, towards the low end of analyst estimates of $2.22.| Jan. 25, 2013, 12:55 PM | 1 Comment
Aug. 3, 2012, 12:20 PM
American Water Works (AWK +3%) trades at new year highs after its Q2 bottom-line beat Street expectations late yesterday. Net income rose 32% Y/Y as higher water use and expansion into attractive markets boosted its revenue and better cost controls improved margins. Hot, dry weather in a number of its states led to record pumpage, which the company believes added $0.06 - $0.09 per share to its EPS for the quarter.| Aug. 3, 2012, 12:20 PM
May 1, 2012, 10:43 AM
Mar. 2, 2012, 2:00 PM
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:12 PM
American Water Works (AWK +2.5%) trades higher after reporting a mixed Q3, beating on a per share basis but coming up short on revenue. Stringent cost controls gave a solid boost to bottom line margins, as profit rose 11% Y/Y, and operating margins grew nominally from 35.6% to 36.7%.| Nov. 3, 2011, 3:12 PM