Why American States Water Company Is A Good Investment Option For Retirees
- American States Water Company has a decent 59-year history of paying dividends.
- The company’s financials are improving. The net revenue has increased by nearly 5.9% on an annual basis from 2009 to 2013, and the net income has increased by approximately 16.8%.
- Its cash and cash equivalents increased by $37 million and reached $78 million in the first six months of 2014 when compared to the cash and cash equivalents in 2013.
- The company charges fixed rates for its water and electric services, which are approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). This assures the stability of cash flows.
- The company has bright future prospects as California’s population is increasing and creating more demand for water and electric services.