There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- Tables of the top insider purchases and sales filed with the SEC on Wednesday, July 16, 2014, based on dollar value.
- Dollar values often do not equate with significance when it comes to insider trades.
- Proprietary Insider Company Ratings are further given for selected companies.
- The AXDX goal: Corner the worldwide market in hospital lab/microbiology systems.
- Stellar management: A company run by a medical equipment management team that developed the medical equipment company Ventana and sold it to Roche for $3.4 billion.
- A management team (including a former president/COO of Abbot Laboratories) that used its personal cash, not bank financing, to purchase a controlling interest in AXDX and its intellectual property.
- Its plan: to develop the proprietary patents of the "BACcel" technology, using 1 hour - versus the current 72 hours - to detect pathogens (e.g., superbugs and HCAI).
- Since the takeover in 2011, the stock has gone from $2.80/share to a recent spike of $24, with insiders continuing to purchase more.