Mon, Oct. 6, 12:50 PM
- Axion Power Intl. (OTCQB:AXPW) files an amended S-1, reducing its secondary offering to $6M in units from an original $12M which it filed for on Sept. 15.
- Maxim Group remains the book runner.
- Key changes are in the "Our Business and Our Technology" section of the filing, including the following:
- "In our current strategy, we will be moving away from specialty and contract manufacture of standard lead acid batteries. We will instead focus on our Green Ridge facility for the production of our finished lead-free carbon negative electrode."
- "Our objective has consistently been to become an industry leader in the development, production and sourcing of components for cost competitive high performance energy storage systems. Effective as of the fourth quarter of 2014, we will be actively pursuing this strategy..."
AXPW vs. ETF Alternatives
We are developing a platform technology for a family of lead-acid-carbon energy storage devices that we refer to as e3 Supercells. We replace the lead negative electrodes in conventional lead-acid batteries with nanoporous carbon electrodes similar to those found in carbon-carbon... More
Other News & PR