Acuity Brands, Inc. (Holding Company)NYSE
Fri, Oct. 14, 6:30 AM
Wed, Oct. 5, 9:18 AM
Wed, Oct. 5, 8:08 AM
Tue, Oct. 4, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:18 AM
- BMO technical analyst Russ Visch likes the following stocks:
- MMM: breaks out of 2-yr range, new target $205.
- AYI: successfully tested breakout at $241 level, next target $313.
- CAT: “lots of positive developments” including beginnings of a bearish-to-bullish reversal; rally above $81 would signal uptrend resuming with target of $105.
- EMR: successful retest of recent breakout, rally above $56.75 would open new target of $65.50.
- GE: breaks out of triangle pattern, next target $37, implies nearly 15% gain.
- TYC: has to breakout above $44 resistance, that would open new target of $48.
- UNP: in bearish-to-bullish reversal, new long-term uptrend underway, next target $113, implies 23% gain.
- UPS: to challenge all-time high at $114.40, breakout would be “extremely bullish” with new target $140.
- Also likes: FAST, FLR, JEC, MAS, PH, UTX, VRSK
Wed, Jun. 29, 8:34 AM
Tue, Jun. 28, 5:30 PM
Wed, Apr. 6, 8:07 AM
- Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI): FQ2 EPS of $1.80 beats by $0.29.
- Revenue of $777.8M (+26.2% Y/Y) beats by $25.54M.
Tue, Apr. 5, 5:37 PM
Tue, Apr. 5, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jan. 8, 5:45 PM
- Reuters reports Philips (NYSE:PHG) is set to receive offers for its lighting business from multiple P-E firms, as well as Chinese bidders. In addition, U.S. lighting firm Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI) "may show interest" in parts of the business. A valuation of €5B ($5.45B), or 7-8x expected core earnings, is deemed likely.
- Meanwhile, German lighting giant Osram (OTCPK:OSAGF) has reportedly "asked for tentative bids" for its traditional lamps business, which sources think could be valued at €500M ($545M). Chinese LED maker MLS is expected to bid, as is a consortium featuring a Chinese firm and P-E firm Bain.
- Bloomberg reported in November P-E firms have shown interest in Philips' lighting unit. At the time, sources told Bloomberg the business could sell for €5.5B.
Fri, Jan. 8, 8:53 AM
- Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI): FQ1 EPS of $1.65 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $736.6M (+13.8% Y/Y) misses by $3.71M.
Thu, Jan. 7, 5:30 PM
Oct. 7, 2015, 8:41 AM
- Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI): FQ4 EPS of $1.63 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $759.5M (+13.6% Y/Y) beats by $4.65M.
Oct. 6, 2015, 5:30 PM
Oct. 5, 2015, 6:47 PM
- Silver Spring (NYSE:SSNI) is partnering with major outdoor lighting system maker Acuity (NYSE:AYI) to "jointly develop an intelligent lighting platform for utilities, cities, and large campus operators."
- The companies plan to initially create a "networked street light control solution" pairing Silver Spring's Streetlight.Vision management software (acquired last year) with Acuity's DTL DLL Elite lighting fixtures. Silver Spring/Acuity: "By networking upgraded LED luminaires, cities can lower costs by as much as 60 percent by reducing energy expenses and increasing operational efficiency. Intelligent street lights can also vary brightness based on traffic flows, time of night, and inclement weather, helping increase road safety for drivers and pedestrians."
- Separately, Silver Spring has unveiled SLV6, an update to Streetlight.Vision said to provide over 100 new features, including support for more devices (e.g. parking kiosks, traffic cameras, solar panels, utility meters), asset/inventory management, a new UI, and analytics tools. The company claims to provide Streetlight.Vision to 500+ cities in 16 countries.