Feb. 6, 2014, 2:49 AM
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Q4 core EPS dropped 28% to $1.23 and beat consensus of $1.18.
- Revenue -4% in constant exchange rates to $6.84B, just above forecasts of $6.82B.
- Adjusted profit fell 26% to $1.98B, dragged down by patent expirations on key drugs.
- The loss of IP protection will continue to hurt the company, and it forecasts that 2014 revenue will drop by a low-to-mid single digit percentage and that EPS will decline "in the teens."
- AstraZeneca declared a second interim dividend of $1.90 a share. (PR)
AstraZeneca Plc is a global research-based biopharmaceutical company, which primarily focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, neuroscience, respiratory and inflammation, oncology and infectious disease. The... More
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Major
Country: United Kingdom