Fri, Feb. 27, 7:03 AM
- Despite a plunge in oil prices that cut into earnings at its oil and gas division, strong growth in BASF’s (OTCQX:BASFY) core chemicals business allowed the company to post a 25% rise in income for the fourth quarter.
- Net profit came in at €1.42B ($1.59B), compared with €1.13B a year earlier.
- BASF also said it expects a slight increase in group sales for 2015, and for EBITDA to match the level it achieved in 2014, at €7.36B.
Oct. 24, 2014, 7:54 AM
- Net profit of €1.04B vs. €1.1B billion in the same period a year ago.
- Revenue by segment: Chemicals flat; Performance Products flat; Functional Materials & Solutions +2%; Agricultural Solutions -3%; Oil & Gas +17%; Other +3%.
- The company lowered its EBITDA forecast for 2015 to be between €10-€12B, down from an initial target of €14B.
BASFY vs. ETF Alternatives
BASF is the world?s leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and... More
Other News & PR