Wed, Jul. 27, 9:04 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 8:17 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 3:47 AM
- Bayer's (OTCPK:BAYRY) Q1 adjusted EBITDA jumped 16% to €3.4B ($3.8B) and topped expectations of €3.07B, helped by prescription products such as eye treatment Eylea.
- Sales +0.5% to €11.9B.
- Net income +13.3% €1.51B.
- Core EPS +13.9% to €2.37.
- Bayer still expects adjusted EBITDA to increase by a medium single-digit percentage this year,
- "All segments posted gains in their operating performance," says CEO Marijn Dekkers.
- Pharmaceuticals "benefited from the very good development of its recently launched products," Bayer says, while "Crop Science outperformed the prior-year quarter despite a weak market environment (and) Animal Health posted substantial gains."
- Shares +0.5% in Frankfurt. (PR)
Feb. 28, 2014, 7:30 AM
- Bayer's (BAYRY) adjusted Q4 EBITDA fell 3.1% to €1.77B and missed expectations of €1.91B, dragged down by currency fluctuations and increased R&D expenses.
- Net profit climbed 24% to €455M, under forecasts of €626M.
- Sales increased 0.3% to €9.89B vs consensus of €9.97B, with revenue boosted by sales of new therapies and strong volumes at Bayer's CropScience segment.
- For 2014, Bayer is targeting sales of €41-42B and expects adjusted EBITDA to increase by a low- to mid-single-digit percentage; however, Bayer also expects forex pressures of around €450M.
- Bayer's most important treatments - Xarelto (blood thinner), Adempas (lung), Stivarga and Xofigo (cancer), and Eylea (eye) - generated sales of €1.52B in 2013.
- Bayer increased its combined peak annual sales forecast for the drugs to at least €7.5B from a prior outlook of €5.5B.
- Bayer believes that Xarelto and Eylea will reach peak revenues in 5-6 years. Bayer holds the license to sell Eylea, which is developed by Regeneron, outside the U.S. Shares are +0.6% in Frankfurt. (PR)
Oct. 31, 2013, 3:47 PM
- Bayer's (BAYRY) Q3 EBITDA comes in at €1.984B (+7.6% Y/Y), well ahead of the €1.87B analysts expected. Net income rises 42% Y/Y to €733M.
- Revenue for the period was €9.64B (flat Y/Y), missing estimates by around €200M.
- Growth in the pharmaceuticals business grows 3.1%, driven by Xarelto, Eylea, Stivarga, and Xofigo.
- Full year outlook: Sales of €40B (versus previous guidance of €40-41B), EBITDA growth in the "mid-single-digit" range, and core earnings growth in the "high single-digits." (PR)
Feb. 28, 2013, 8:24 AMBayer (BAYZF.PK): Q4 net profit slips 5.8% to €374M. Adjusted EPS €1 vs €0.97. Underlying EBITDA +18.4% to €1.83B, in line. Revenue +7.3% to €9.86B, slightly above consensus. Expects 2013 underlying EBITDA growth in the mid-single-digits vs forecasts of 8%, and for adjusted EPS to increase by high-single-digits. Forecasts annual sales of over €2.5B for five key drugs by 2015, which is better than previously expected. Shares +1.8% to €75.40 in Frankfurt. (PR) | Feb. 28, 2013, 8:24 AM
Feb. 14, 2013, 8:23 AM
More on Regeneron Pharma (REGN +1.6%) Q4: swings to net profit of $470M from a net loss of $53.4M as sales more than triple, with its Eylea eyecare product bringing in $276M. Earnings also include $127M in collaboration revenues and a non-cash tax benefit of $336M. Forecasts 2013 Eyelea sales of $1.2-1.3B in the U.S. Partner Bayer has started to launch the product overseas. (PR)| Feb. 14, 2013, 8:23 AM | 1 Comment
Jan. 23, 2013, 4:06 AM
More on Novartis (NVS) Q4: Chairman Daniel Vasella will resign and will be replaced by senior Bayer health-care executive Joerg Reinhardt, who was formerly COO at Novartis. Provides mid-term guidance for the first time, forecasting mid-single-digit percentage fall in core earnings this year; sales to be in line with 2012, excluding currency swings, although generic competition will eat into revenue by up to $3.5B. Sales growth to resume in 2014 and 2015.| Jan. 23, 2013, 4:06 AM