Mon, Oct. 5, 10:40 AM
Thu, Sep. 24, 4:17 PM
Wed, Sep. 23, 5:35 PM
Thu, Aug. 13, 8:50 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCPK:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, WSM, RH, KIRK outperformed in today's report on retail sales.
- Sales were up 0.8 Y/Y and 6.1% Y/Y in July for the housing-related category.
- Department stores (KSS, JCP, SHLD, JWN, M) showed sluggish traffic trends again, sales were down 0.8% M/M and slumped 2.7% Y/Y.
- Sales in the food services category were up a solid 9.0% Y/Y.
- U.S. Census Bureau Retail Sales report (.pdf)
- Previously: July U.S. Retail Sales: +0.6% (Aug. 13 2015)
Mon, Aug. 10, 3:10 PM
Tue, Jun. 30, 8:08 AM
- The Department of Labor has outlined a new wage proposal that could have broad implications for the retail and restaurant industry.
- The measure increases the threshold of the level where mandatory overtime wages kick in to $970 a week ($50.44K/yr estimated) from $455 a week ($23.66K/yr estimated).
- The change is set to impact overtime pay for 5M U.S. workers.
- Analysts expect the issue to be teed up by both Republicans and Democrats.
- DOE fact sheet (.pdf)
- Restaurant stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, BDL, NATH, LUB, QSR, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, SHAK, HABT, NDLS, BOJA, PBPB, PLKI, FRSH, RAVE, LOCO, TACO, PZZA, KONA, BGR, BJRI, CHUY, FRS, CBRL, GTIM, TAST, ARKR.
- Retail chain stocks: AEO, ANF, ARO, BBBY, CHS, COST, DG, DLTR, GPS, HD, JCP, JWN, KR, KSS, LOW, LB, ODP, PIR, PLCE, RSH, SPLS, SWY, TGT, TJX, URBN, WMT, RAD, CVS, WBA, M, SMRT, FIVE.
- Previously: Overtime pay rules to be shaken up (June 30)
Wed, Jun. 24, 4:38 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) reports comparable-store sales gained 2.2% in FQ1.
- The comp was clipped 30 bps by an unfavorable swing in the Canadian dollar.
- Operating profit fell during the quarter on higher SG&A expenses.
- The company says its modeling for a consistent 2% to 3% rise comparable-store sales for the fiscal year.
- Previously: Bed Bath & Beyond misses by $0.01, revenue in-line
- BBBY -1.05% after hours.
Wed, Jun. 24, 4:16 PM
Tue, Jun. 23, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jun. 1, 10:58 AM
Tue, Apr. 14, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Wed, Apr. 8, 5:38 PM
Wed, Apr. 8, 4:27 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) reports comparable-store sales grew 3.7% in FQ4 vs. 4.5% forecast by analysts.
- The comp mark was clipped 20 bps by the Canadian foreign exchange rate.
- Operating profit increased 1% Y/Y to $532.17M.
- Previously: Bed Bath & Beyond EPS in-line, misses on revenue
- BBBY -2.9% after hours to $75.46.
Wed, Apr. 8, 4:17 PM
Tue, Apr. 7, 5:35 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 9:13 AM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) plans to tighten some of its return policies, execs tell Racked.com.
- The retailer was known for having one of the most generous return philosophies in the sector to the delight of customers.
- A new policy will deduct 20% for all returns without a receipt
- It's a tricky road for the company as it balances customer loyalty against loss prevention with an eye on margins.
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc operates a chain of retail stores. It operates under the names Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, Harmon and Harmon Face Values, buybuy BABY & World Market or Cost Plus World Market.
Other News & PR