Bed Bath And Beyond Has A Compelling Opportunity Here And Now
Ravi Ramenani • 15 Comments
Ravi Ramenani • 15 Comments
Jun. 24, 2015, 4:38 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) reports comparable-store sales gained 2.2% in FQ1.
- The comp was clipped 30 bps by an unfavorable swing in the Canadian dollar.
- Operating profit fell during the quarter on higher SG&A expenses.
- The company says its modeling for a consistent 2% to 3% rise comparable-store sales for the fiscal year.
- Previously: Bed Bath & Beyond misses by $0.01, revenue in-line
- BBBY -1.05% after hours.
Jun. 24, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): FQ1 EPS of $0.93 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.74B (+3.0% Y/Y) in-line.
Jun. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 1, 2015, 10:58 AM
Apr. 14, 2015, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:38 PM
Apr. 8, 2015, 4:27 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) reports comparable-store sales grew 3.7% in FQ4 vs. 4.5% forecast by analysts.
- The comp mark was clipped 20 bps by the Canadian foreign exchange rate.
- Operating profit increased 1% Y/Y to $532.17M.
- Previously: Bed Bath & Beyond EPS in-line, misses on revenue
- BBBY -2.9% after hours to $75.46.
Apr. 8, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): FQ4 EPS of $1.80 in-line.
- Revenue of $3.34B (+4.4% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Shares -3%.
Apr. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Mar. 18, 2015, 9:13 AM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) plans to tighten some of its return policies, execs tell Racked.com.
- The retailer was known for having one of the most generous return philosophies in the sector to the delight of customers.
- A new policy will deduct 20% for all returns without a receipt
- It's a tricky road for the company as it balances customer loyalty against loss prevention with an eye on margins.
Feb. 25, 2015, 2:18 PM
Feb. 20, 2015, 9:52 PM
- Some false alarms earlier, but the AP reports (and union spokesmen and the PMA started confirming) that agreement has been reached with West Coast dockworkers.
- The deal would end a nine-month negotiation that has led to significant slowdowns at 29 West Coast U.S. ports. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez urged the PMA and union workers to come to agreement today.
- The contract still needs union ratification.
- Affected furniture stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
- Previous coverage of the slowdown
Feb. 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
- The furniture market is seeing some disruption as the West Coast port slowdown continues.
- A stalled pace of imports is impacting wholesale pricing for companies relying on suppliers that ship to ports in California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Even companies without a heavy reliance on Asian imports are feeling a supply chain shock.
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown continues (Feb. 16 2015)
- Related stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
Jan. 8, 2015, 4:42 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond's (NASDAQ:BBBY) comparable store sales rose 1.7% Y/Y in FQ3, a slowdown from FQ2's 3.4%.
- The retailer continues to expect FQ4 EPS of $1.78-$1.83, in-line with a $1.80 consensus.
- FQ3 gross margin fell 80 bps Y/Y to 38.4%. SG&A spend rose 4% to $776.3M, slightly outpacing revenue growth of 3%.
- A $1.1B accelerated buyback was finished in December. $200M had been spent via BBBY's $2B buyback program as of Nov. 29.
- FQ3 results, PR
Jan. 8, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): FQ3 EPS of $1.19 in-line.
- Revenue of $2.94B (+2.8% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Shares -4.67% AH.
Jan. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc. is a chain of retail stores, which engages in the sale of wide assortment of domestic merchandise. The company and its subsidiaries operates under the names Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, Christmas Tree Shops andThat!, Harmon or Harmon Face Values, buybuy BABY,... More
Industry: Home Furnishing Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR