What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jan. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jan. 6, 2015, 11:29 AM
- Specialty retail is set up to see a strong year, according to Jefferies analyst Randal Konik.
- The sector enters the year in a better position than in 2014 with inventory clean and the macroeconomic backdrop looking supportive.
- Comp sales will lag a string of weak quarters and lower cotton prices will filter down to the bottom lines of the group, says Konik.
- Specialty retailers (partial list): EXPR, ZUMZ, PSUN, ARO, AEO, ANF, CACH, CHS, NWY, BEBE, ANN, CBK, GPS, GES, PIR, BBBY, TCS, LE, VRA.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, PMR, RCD
Jan. 5, 2015, 8:50 AM
- The PetSmart LBO strategy could be utilized again in the retail sector amid the current low interest rate environment, note analysts.
- Bloomberg picks some top candidates to see a LBO play this year.
- GameStop (NYSE:GME): Valuation has been driven down to a level that could attract P-E firms.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): Spinoff opportunities and a lagging stock price make BBBY a LBO natural, note sector watchers.
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): A buyer would have plenty of opportunities to cut costs and set a turnaround strategy.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Perhaps the surprise in the bunch, but analysts see upside potential in a LBO scenario as a shift in focus is enacted.
- Previous on LBOs in retail: Retail trends to watch
Jan. 2, 2015, 7:25 AM
- Canaccord Genuity upgrades Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm increases the price target on the specialty retailer to $91 from $66.
- Channel checks on traffic and conversions for BBBY in December were positive.
- BBBY +1.2% premarket.
Nov. 20, 2014, 3:24 PM
- Home furnishing stocks stocks are in rally mode after Kirkland's (KIRK +22.9%) and Williams-Sonoma (WSM +8.3%) both top expectations.
- The development follows strong reports from Home Depot and Lowe's which also showed strong demand for home products.
- Gainers: Restoration Hardware (NYSE:RH) +6.4%, Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) +2.0%, Haverty Furniture (NYSE:HVT) +2.5%, Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) +2.0%, Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) +2.9%.
Nov. 20, 2014, 10:45 AM
- The usual suspects topped a list of the businesses with the most foot traffic in October, compiled by location analytics firm Placed.
- The top five chains were Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), Subway, Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), and Walgreens (NYSE:WAG).
- Significant movers over the last month include KMart (NASDAQ:SHLD) +9 spots, KFC (NYSE:YUM) +6 spots, Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) -7 spots, and Costco (NASDAQ:COST) -6 spots.
Oct. 31, 2014, 1:21 PM
- The odds aren't good for a national roll-out of smartphone payments solution CurrentC, according to USA Today's Jeff Graham.
- The retail consortium admitted to a hacking incident earlier this week and has lost momentum with Apple Pay dominating headlines.
- Inside the network, Meijer broke ranks with fellow MCX members by moving to accept Apple Pay with its hardware.
- CurrentC was created to help the retail industry bypass credit card fees.
- Partial list of MCX members: LUV, GPS, DNKN, KR, TGT, WMT, BBBY, KSS, SHLD, WEN, BBY.
Sep. 24, 2014, 9:20 AM
Sep. 24, 2014, 8:13 AM
- Retail sales could increase by 4.5% to $986B this holiday season on an improved macroeconomic backdrop, forecasts Deloitte Touche.
- The mark would easily top last year's 2.8% rise.
- Online sales are tipped to rise by 14%.
- Promotional activity across broad retail has been dialed back a touch during the back-to-school season, but is still a risk to margins heading into the crucial shopping period.
- What to watch: This holiday season could be an operational pressure cooker for UPS (NYSE:UPS) and FedEx (NYSE:FDX) with demand expected to be high.
- Related stocks: AAP, AEO, ANF, BBBY, BBY, BJ, CHS, COH, COST, DG, FDO, FL, GPS, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LB, LULU, M, NDN, PIR, RL, TGT, TIF, TJX, UA, URBN, VFC, WMT, ZLC, PERY, SQBG, VNCE, KORS, GIII, KATE, GIL, VRA, ICON, PSMT, AMZN.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, FDIS, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK
Sep. 23, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 23, 2014, 4:17 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): FQ2 EPS of $1.17 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.94B (+4.3% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
- Shares +5.8% AH.
Sep. 23, 2014, 3:30 PM
- Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -1.4%) are skittish heading into today's earnings release from the retailer.
- It's not without good cause after peers The Container Store and Pier 1 Imports both lowered sales projections due to soft demand.
- What to watch: Channel checks have indicated the company's traffic has been driven by 20%-off deals. Margin rates could be well-off last year's levels.
Sep. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 17, 2014, 11:54 AM
Jul. 17, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +0.6%) announces it closed on its $1.5B senior note offering. An extra $46M in interest expenses will be added for the fiscal year as a result of the new issuance.
- The company also disclosed that it entered an accelerated share repurchase agreement with Goldman Sachs to buy back $1.1B in stock.
Jul. 15, 2014, 3:38 PM
- The announcement by Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +1.5%) that it would float debt is a "seminal event" in the company's history after it went 20 years without issuing any bonds, according to UBS analyst Michael Lasser.
- Some analysts think the move was made to stake off activist investors or a hostile takeover.
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc operates a chain of retail stores. It operates under the names Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, Harmon and Harmon Face Values, buybuy BABY & World Market or Cost Plus World Market.
Other News & PR