Bed Bath And Beyond Has A Compelling Opportunity Here And Now
Ravi Ramenani • 15 Comments
Ravi Ramenani • 15 Comments
Thu, Jun. 23, 12:07 PM
- Down sharply initially after last night's earnings miss, Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +0.9%) has seen the dip buyers move in. Still, the long-term price trend isn't a pretty one, with the stock down about 40% since early 2015.
- Credit Suisse's Seth Sigman sees near-term downside of about $39 (vs. current $43.60). "We think the company is generally doing the right things for the long term, but we see that continuing to pressure near-term results."
- Though calling the Q1 report "not shocking," Goldman nevertheless trims its Q2 EPS estimate to $1.13 from $1.19, and full-year estimate to $4.70 from $4.85 (and vs. the company at $4.50-$5).
Wed, Jun. 22, 5:36 PM
Wed, Jun. 22, 5:33 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) -4.8% AH after reporting weaker than expected FQ1 earnings on flat sales, as the company continues to struggle with the shift away from brick-and-mortar stores.
- However, BBBY affirms its FY 2017 profit outlook, seeing EPS "comfortably" in the range it has earned over last several years during a heavy investment phase of $4.50-$5.00 vs. $4.98 analyst consensus estimate.
- BBBY says sales at stores open for at least a year fell 0.5% during the quarter, compared with a year-earlier increase of 2.2% and analyst expectations for a 0.6% increase; gross margin narrowed to 37.4% from 38.1% a year ago.
Thu, Apr. 7, 10:20 AM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +5.5%) rallies after topping consensus estimates (recently lowered) with its Q4 report.
- Comparable-store sales were up 2.1% on a constant dollar basis, while thge retailer's +25% growth in digital channels sales stood out.
- The company's decision to initiate a dividend and buy back shares appears to have caught the attention of investors.
- Previously: Bed Bath & Beyond declares $0.125 dividend (April 6)
- Now read Bed Bath & Beyond's New Dividend Could Spur Buying Activity
Wed, Apr. 6, 5:36 PM
Wed, Apr. 6, 4:18 PM
Wed, Apr. 6, 10:05 AM
- Bed, Bath & Beyond (BBBY -1.2%) trades weak with Q4 earnings due out after the market close today.
- The consensus estimate from analysts is for revenue of $3.39B and EPS of $1.80 to be reported.
- What to watch: Commentary from management on how heavy the retailer has been leaning on the promotional lever during Q1 and where it stands with inventory management could be crucial.
- Now read Bed Bath & Beyond Earnings: How Much Worse Can It Get?
Fri, Feb. 12, 9:30 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 11:46 AM
- There's some nervous trading on stocks associated with consumers spending money on their houses. Today's macroeconomic news and stock market decline are cutting into confidence over consumer spending patterns.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR -7.9%), Mattress Firm (MFRM -3.1%), Tile Shop (TTS -2.9%), Lumber Liquidators (LL -5.8%), Restoration Hardware (RH -3.6%), Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY -2.5%), La-Z-Boy (LZB -3%), Kirkland's (KIRK -2.3%), and Williams-Sonoma (WSM -2.5%) are all lower than broad market averages.
- Lowe's (LOW -1.5%) and Home Depot (HD -1.2%) are showing a milder loss.
Wed, Jan. 27, 7:51 AM
- KeyBanc Capital is taking a negative view of the home furnishings and merchandise sector.
- Haverty Furniture (NYSE:HVT) is downgraded to Sector Weight from Overweight.
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) is taken to Sector Weight from Overweight.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) is set at Underweight after being slotted at Sector Weight previously. BBBY -2.72% premarket to $42.86.
Dec. 23, 2015, 9:12 AM
Dec. 22, 2015, 7:16 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) is off 5.3% after hours following a preview of its Q3 results that came in below the company's expectations.
- The company says net sales for its Q3 were about $3B -- up just 0.3% Y/Y, when it had forecast an increase of 1.8%-4%. Comparable sales look to have dropped 0.4% (or flat in constant currency).
- With that baseline, the firm now sees comparable sales from the beginning of Q4 through Christmas up 1%.
- The disappointing sales also point to an expected EPS of $1.07-$1.10 for Q3, lower than the company's previously expected $1.14-$1.21 (and consensus expectations for $1.17).
- It'll report Q3 results after the close on Jan. 7.
Oct. 5, 2015, 10:40 AM
- Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY +2.4%) are active on unconfirmed rumors JPMorgan has been tasked with exploring a sale of the company.
- Bed Bath & Beyond has been viewed as a potential target for most of the year amid its share price slide.
Jun. 24, 2015, 4:38 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) reports comparable-store sales gained 2.2% in FQ1.
- The comp was clipped 30 bps by an unfavorable swing in the Canadian dollar.
- Operating profit fell during the quarter on higher SG&A expenses.
- The company says its modeling for a consistent 2% to 3% rise comparable-store sales for the fiscal year.
- Previously: Bed Bath & Beyond misses by $0.01, revenue in-line
- BBBY -1.05% after hours.
Jun. 1, 2015, 10:58 AM
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:38 PM
Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc. is a chain of retail stores, which engages in the sale of wide assortment of domestic merchandise. The company and its subsidiaries operates under the names Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, Christmas Tree Shops andThat!, Harmon or Harmon Face Values, buybuy BABY,... More
Industry: Home Furnishing Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR