Bill Barrett CorporationNYSE
Bill Barrett Corp.: Aspirations And Challenges In The DJ Basin
Richard Zeits • 20 Comments
Richard Zeits • 20 Comments
Yesterday, 2:00 PM
Tue, Dec. 6, 4:14 PM
- Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG) -7.6% AH after announcing a public offering of 11.5M common shares, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 1.725M shares.
- BBG says it plans to use the proceeds for general corporate purposes, which may include development, deleveraging or future acquisitions.
Thu, Nov. 3, 4:29 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACET, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, AMBC, AMBR, AMED, AMH, ANET, ATSG, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BNFT, BOJA, BRS, CARA, CARB, CBS, CDR, CECO, CERS, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, COGT, CPSI, CRC, CSC, CSOD, CTRL, CWST, DCO, DCT, ECOM, ECR, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELY, EOG, EPR, EVC, EXEL, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FNGN, FOSL, FPRX, GCAP, GERN, GLUU, GNMK, GNW, GPRO, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GUID, GXP, HCI, HDP, HIL, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, INVN, IVR, JJSF, KAR, KHC, KMPR, KW, LADR, LCI, LGF, LGND, LNT, LOCO, LVS, LXU, MAIN, MDRX, MED, MEDP, MELI, MHK, MITT, MMI, MNST, MRC, MSI, MTD, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NE, NFG, NKTR, NNI, NPTN, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OTEX, OVAS, PBA, PCTY, PDLI, PEN, PETX, PFMT, PODD, QLYS, QRVO, RATE, RMAX, RP, RPXC, RTRX, RVNC, SBUX, SEM, SJI, SLCA, SPPI, SPXC, SSNI, STAA, STAG, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, SYMC, TAHO, THG, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TS, TSRO, TWLO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, UEPS, VRNS, VTL, WEB, WGL, WIFI, WTW, XLRN
Wed, Oct. 19, 12:31 PM
Tue, Oct. 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, Sep. 28, 5:40 PM
Mon, Aug. 29, 2:29 PM
- Oil and natural gas explorers escape a vote in Colorado that could have severely limited drilling in the state, as two measures that would have allowed local communities to ban hydraulic fracturing fail to garner enough support for the November ballot.
- A proposal that would have restricted drilling near homes fell ~21K valid signatures short of the total needed to qualify for a ballot vote, and a measure allowing local governments to ban fracking also failed to attract enough signatures, according to the Colorado Secretary of State's office.
- Colorado's top producers include Anadarko Petroleum (APC +1.3%), Encana (ECA +0.4%), Noble Energy (NBL +1.4%), PDC Energy (PDCE +1.6%), Whiting Petroleum (WLL +1.9%), Bill Barrett (BBG +5.3%), Carrizo Oil and Gas (CRZO +2.2%) and Synergy Resources (SYRG +5.2%).
Fri, Aug. 26, 10:21 AM
- The initiative pushed by anti-fracking activists in Colorado that could virtually eliminate hydraulic fracturing in the state is "extremely unlikely" to make it to the November ballot needed to become law, Wells Fargo analysts say.
- The proposal would move the distance for a hydraulic fracturing operation from 500 ft. or more to a minimum of 2,500 ft. or more from an "area of special concern" such as occupied housing, drinking water sources, sports fields and parks.
- The stock market already is assuming that the proposal will fail, the firm says, based on recent gains in share prices of companies that operate in the Niobrara/DJ Basin, including PDC Energy (PDCE +0.2%), Anadarko Petroleum (APC +1.3%), Bill Barrett (BBG +3.5%) and Whiting Petroleum (WLL +4.4%).
Mon, Aug. 15, 2:02 PM
Mon, Aug. 15, 10:26 AM
- Bill Barrett (BBG +4.4%) says it will resume its drilling program in the Denver-Julesburg basin, with up to 12 new wells set to spud by the end of the year.
- BBG says lower well costs and operating expenses, combined with a narrowing DJ Basin oil price differential, will generate a competitive rate-of-return in the current commodity price environment.
- BBG projects that its 2016 capex will now be at the high end of its previously disclosed guidance range of $75M-$100M to account for the additional drilling activity.
Mon, Aug. 8, 9:53 PM
- Environmental groups in Colorado say they have collected enough signatures to add proposed anti-fracking initiatives to the November election ballot, pending final validation by the Secretary of State's office.
- One of the initiatives would strengthen the state's setback rules, requiring new oil and gas development facilities to be located at least 2,500 ft. from occupied structures or areas such as parks, while the second would transfer regulatory control of new oil and gas development to local governments.
- Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE:APC), Noble Energy (NYSE:NBL) and Whiting Petroleum (NYSE:WLL) hold the greatest net acreage in Colorado's DJ Basin; other companies with DJ exposure include Synergy Resources (NYSEMKT:SYRG), PDC Energy (NASDAQ:PDCE), Bonanza Creek Energy (NYSE:BCEI), Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG), and Carrizo Oil and Gas (NASDAQ:CRZO).
Fri, Aug. 5, 2:09 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:47 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Wed, Jul. 20, 10:57 AM
- Bill Barrett (BBG +3.1%) is higher after saying it expects to realize a $25M commodity derivative gain in Q2 due to positive derivative positions.
- In an update on commodity derivatives, BBG says it has swaps in place for production of 7,300 bbl/day of oil tied to pricing at $81.65/bbl and 5,000 MMBtu of natural gas/day tied to NWPL regional pricing at $4.10/MMBtu.
- BBG says it has ~7,750 bbl/day of oil hedged at an average WTI price of $72.57/bbl for the remainder of 2016.