What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Aug. 19, 2014, 7:14 AM
- After announcing the creation of its new global metals and mining company, BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) says it is now in talks with potential buyers for all, or part, of its Nickel West division in Australia, which was excluded from the company's major restructuring.
- "We continue to talk to interested parties," says CEO Andrew Mackenzie. "This is a matter of commercial discussions with several potential buyers."
Aug. 19, 2014, 3:40 AM
- BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) has announced its plans to form a new global metals and mining company based around its aluminium, coal, manganese, nickel and silver assets. The new company will be listed on the Australian stock exchange, with a secondary listing in South Africa.
- "With a simpler portfolio, we are targeting sustainable, productivity-led gains of at least $3.5B per annum by the end of the 2017 financial year," says CEO Andrew Mackenzie.
- The demerger will leave BHP Billiton focused on its long-life iron ore, copper, coal, petroleum and potash basins.
Aug. 27, 2012, 7:46 AMBHP continues to play defense, selling its Australian uranium assets to Cameco (CCJ) for $430M. "We can't pursue all of the growth operations that are before us," says a BHP spokesman. Cameco, on the other hand, has a more optimistic outlook for uranium in the wake of Fukushima than does BHP. (PR) | Aug. 27, 2012, 7:46 AM | 1 Comment
Other News & PR