Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.NYSE
Build-A-Bear: A Great Short Opportunity For Christmas Grinches
Larry Meyers • 18 Comments
Larry Meyers • 18 Comments
Thu, Aug. 11, 10:31 AM
- Pokémon Go is on an annual run rate of $1B, according to an estimate from Cowen Research. Nintendo (OTCPK:NTDOY) is well-positioned to benefit from the ongoing phenomenon through its stake in Pokemon Company and publisher Niantic.
- The Pokémon craze was brought up by a variety of companies during their Q2 earnings calls as analysts questioned on the impact of the mobile game on foot traffic, virtual reality potential, mind share, and products/accessories sales.
- JAKK Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) earnings call transcript
- Build-A-Bear (NYSE:BBW) earnings call transcript
- Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) earnings call transcript
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) earnings call transcript
- ZAGG (NASDAQ:ZAGG) earnings call transcript
- Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) earnings call transcript
Fri, Aug. 5, 7:34 AM
- Piper Jaffray believes the downturn in Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) provides investors with an opportunity.
- Analyst Stephanie Wissink says the negative comp reported for Q2 has turned positive for the early part of Q3.
- PJ rates Build-A-Bear at Overweight and assigns a price target of $18.
- On the company's earnings call, CEO Sharon Price John pointed to Star Wars products, the new Disney princess, and the Trolls movie as back-half sales drivers.
- BBW earnings call transcript
Thu, Aug. 4, 10:51 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) reports comparable-store sales declined 8.6% in Q2.
- Comp sales squeezed 8.3% in North America and 10% in Europe.
- Comparable e-commerce sales rose 11.7% for the quarter.
- Retail gross margin rate fell 130 bps to 42.2%.
- SG&A expense rate increased 520 bps to 49.3%.
- Number of franchised stores +3 Y/Y to 77.
- Total company-owned retail stores +6 Y/Y to 321.
- FY2016 Guidance: Total revenue: increase in the low to single-digit range; Comparable sales: increase in the low single-digit range; Capex: $25M to $30M; D&A: $17M to $19M; Pre-tax income: 10% to 20%; Tax rate: ~34%; Total company-owned retail stores: 345 to 350.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:56 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Fri, May 20, 10:20 AM
- Build-A-Bear (NYSE:BBW) is up 4% to climb back over $14 in what could be a technical breakout.
- Though the company been caught up in some of the broad anxiety over mall traffic, new opportunities are seen with cruise ships, global selling channels, and the Discovery format.
- The retailer still has confidence from Wall Street with the average price target of analysts at $17.75.
Tue, May 3, 6:48 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW): Q1 EPS of $0.22 misses by $0.15.
- Revenue of $94.98M (+1.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.72M.
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Wed, Feb. 24, 6:59 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) increases the size of its board to nine members with two new additions. Seven of the board members are independent from the company.
- Tim Kilpin (Mattel, Disney) and Sarah Personette (Facebook) are the two new appointments.
- The board will fall down to eight members when James Gould stands down for re-election prior to the annual meeting in May.
Tue, Feb. 16, 7:37 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) reports comparable-store sales fell 5.6% in Q4.
- Comp declined 4.2% in North America and 10% in Europe.
- Comparable e-commerce sales increased 16.4% for the period.
- Retail gross margin rate dropped 100 bps to 51.2%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 10 bps to 43%.
- Number of franchised stores +4 Y/Y to 77.
- Total company-owned retail stores +5 Y/Y to 329.
- FY2016 Guidance: Total revenue: increase in the low to mid-single digit range; Comparable sales: increase in the low single digit range; Capex: $25M to $30M; D&A: $17M to $19M; Pre-tax income: 15% to 25%; Tax rate: ~30%; Total company-owned retail stores: 340 to 345.
Tue, Feb. 16, 7:02 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW): Q4 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $117.67M (-10.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.12M.
Mon, Feb. 15, 5:30 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Having exhausted the $20M from two buyback authorizations earlier this year, Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) launches a new $15M plan good through March 2016.
- At today's close of $11.97, $15M will be enough to repurchase 1.25M shares, or about 7.4% of the float.
- In other news, board member James Gould has given notice of his intent not to stand for re-election when his term expires in May.
- Shares +0.3% after hours
Oct. 29, 2015, 12:53 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 10:22 AM
- Shares of Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) are down 24% after the company missed with Q3 earnings.
- The company reported a 1% Y/Y drop in revenue and 40% decline in earnings per share during the quarter.
- Previously: Sales lift from Europe for Build-A-Bear Workshop in Q3 (Oct. 29 2015)
- Previously: Build-A-Bear Workshop misses by $0.11, misses on revenue (Oct. 29 2015)
Oct. 29, 2015, 7:11 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW): Q3 EPS of $0.10 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $85.62M (-1.2% Y/Y) misses by $3.54M.