Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.NYSE
Wed, Nov. 9, 1:14 PM
- Retail store chains are breaking higher as investors digest the impact of the GOP sweep.
- A very popular topic on Q3 conference calls was election anxiety in the U.S., with the thought that consumers were holding back.
- An interesting point is that in recent consumer sentiment surveys Republicans showed a sharply lower positive reading on the state of affairs than Democrats. If the theory holds out, close to 60M Trump voters will now open their pocketbooks a bit more.
- Gainers include Fred's (FRED +10.5%), Tuesday Morning (TUES +7.1%), Kroger (KR +4.2%), Whole Foods Market (WFM +2.5%), Supervalu (SVU +4.2%), Ollie's Bargain Outlet Holdings (OLLI +3%) Stage Stores (SSI +6.7%), Build-A-Bear Workshop (BBW +2.7%), Kohl's(KSS +3.3%), Dillard's (DDS +2.2%), Stein Mart (SMRT +4.5%), Tailored Brands (TLRD +4.1%), Guess (GES +3.6%), Gap (GPS +3.1%), Buckle (BKE +3.6%) and PriceSmart (PSMT +1.4%).
Thu, Oct. 27, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Build-A-Bear Workshop (BBW +14.1%) rocket higher after the company says it's entering Q4 with momentum.
- During Q3, Build-A-Bear stores remodeled in the Discovery format in North America saw an increase in sales of 9%.
- The chain expects to end the year with 345 stores, including 55 in the Discovery format.
- Management says there is no timetable on the strategic review going on at the company.
Thu, Oct. 27, 6:55 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Thu, Aug. 11, 10:31 AM
- Pokémon Go is on an annual run rate of $1B, according to an estimate from Cowen Research. Nintendo (OTCPK:NTDOY) is well-positioned to benefit from the ongoing phenomenon through its stake in Pokemon Company and publisher Niantic.
- The Pokémon craze was brought up by a variety of companies during their Q2 earnings calls as analysts questioned on the impact of the mobile game on foot traffic, virtual reality potential, mind share, and products/accessories sales.
- JAKK Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK) earnings call transcript
- Build-A-Bear (NYSE:BBW) earnings call transcript
- Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) earnings call transcript
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) earnings call transcript
- ZAGG (NASDAQ:ZAGG) earnings call transcript
- Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) earnings call transcript
Fri, Aug. 5, 7:34 AM
- Piper Jaffray believes the downturn in Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) provides investors with an opportunity.
- Analyst Stephanie Wissink says the negative comp reported for Q2 has turned positive for the early part of Q3.
- PJ rates Build-A-Bear at Overweight and assigns a price target of $18.
- On the company's earnings call, CEO Sharon Price John pointed to Star Wars products, the new Disney princess, and the Trolls movie as back-half sales drivers.
- BBW earnings call transcript
Thu, Aug. 4, 10:51 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) reports comparable-store sales declined 8.6% in Q2.
- Comp sales squeezed 8.3% in North America and 10% in Europe.
- Comparable e-commerce sales rose 11.7% for the quarter.
- Retail gross margin rate fell 130 bps to 42.2%.
- SG&A expense rate increased 520 bps to 49.3%.
- Number of franchised stores +3 Y/Y to 77.
- Total company-owned retail stores +6 Y/Y to 321.
- FY2016 Guidance: Total revenue: increase in the low to single-digit range; Comparable sales: increase in the low single-digit range; Capex: $25M to $30M; D&A: $17M to $19M; Pre-tax income: 10% to 20%; Tax rate: ~34%; Total company-owned retail stores: 345 to 350.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:56 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Fri, May 20, 10:20 AM
- Build-A-Bear (NYSE:BBW) is up 4% to climb back over $14 in what could be a technical breakout.
- Though the company been caught up in some of the broad anxiety over mall traffic, new opportunities are seen with cruise ships, global selling channels, and the Discovery format.
- The retailer still has confidence from Wall Street with the average price target of analysts at $17.75.
Tue, May 3, 6:48 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW): Q1 EPS of $0.22 misses by $0.15.
- Revenue of $94.98M (+1.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.72M.
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Wed, Feb. 24, 6:59 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) increases the size of its board to nine members with two new additions. Seven of the board members are independent from the company.
- Tim Kilpin (Mattel, Disney) and Sarah Personette (Facebook) are the two new appointments.
- The board will fall down to eight members when James Gould stands down for re-election prior to the annual meeting in May.
Tue, Feb. 16, 7:37 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW) reports comparable-store sales fell 5.6% in Q4.
- Comp declined 4.2% in North America and 10% in Europe.
- Comparable e-commerce sales increased 16.4% for the period.
- Retail gross margin rate dropped 100 bps to 51.2%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 10 bps to 43%.
- Number of franchised stores +4 Y/Y to 77.
- Total company-owned retail stores +5 Y/Y to 329.
- FY2016 Guidance: Total revenue: increase in the low to mid-single digit range; Comparable sales: increase in the low single digit range; Capex: $25M to $30M; D&A: $17M to $19M; Pre-tax income: 15% to 25%; Tax rate: ~30%; Total company-owned retail stores: 340 to 345.
Tue, Feb. 16, 7:02 AM
- Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE:BBW): Q4 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $117.67M (-10.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.12M.
Mon, Feb. 15, 5:30 PM