Boise Cascade CompanyNYSE
Dec. 21, 2015, 9:50 AM
- Boise Cascade (BCC -0.2%) agrees to acquire Georgia-Pacific’s engineered lumber production operations located at Thorsby, Ala., and Roxboro, N.C., for $215M.
- BCC believes the acquisition allows it to optimize its mill system and realize freight and other cost synergies, and expects to add $40M to its mid-cycle EBITDA.
- The Thorsby facility produces laminated veneer lumber and the Roxboro facility produces I-joists; BCC says the acquisition will increase its LVL billet capacity by 9M cf and I-joist capacity by 80M lineal ft.
Dec. 8, 2014, 11:10 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX +13.2%) has its tail way in the air after Norbord (OTCPK:NBRXF +4.7%) agrees to buy Ainsworth (OTCPK:ANSBF +8.4%) in an all-stock deal valued at $762.6M. The merged company will have total OSB capacity of about 7.7B square feet, making it the largest in the sector.
- Also looking on with interest is Boise Cascade (BCC +0.7%).