Q1 Mattered: Why I'm Staying Long Blucora
Vince Martin • 22 Comments
Vince Martin • 22 Comments
Stop Worrying About What Blucora Did And Look At What It's Worth
Vince Martin • 63 Comments
Vince Martin • 63 Comments
Blucora: $10 Might Be Too Cheap
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:36 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Mar. 15, 9:14 AM
- John Clendening, formerly an EVP and investor services co-head at Charles Schwab, has been named Blucora's (NASDAQ:BCOR) CEO and a board member, effective April 4.
- Clendening succeeds William Ruckelshaus, who previously announced plans to step down. Ruckelshaus is also leaving the board. (8-K filing)
- The CEO change comes amid Blucora's transformation into a financial services provider, via its acquisition of brokerage HD Vest and the planned sale of its Infospace and Monoprice units.
Fri, Feb. 12, 11:26 AM
- Though Blucora (BCOR -14.7%) slightly beat Q4 EPS estimates (while missing on revenue), the company is guiding for Q1 EPS of $0.88-$0.96 and 2016 EPS of $0.96-$1.12, below consensus estimates of $1.07 and $1.32. Q1 is a seasonally big quarter for Blucora's TaxAct tax prep software business.
- Revenue guidance is stronger - Q1 revenue of $162.5M-$167M and 2016 revenue of $444M-$462.5M vs. consensus estimates of $163.9M and $451.5M.
- Q4 details: Blucora's Wealth Management unit, the product of the recent HD Vest acquisition, saw revenue rise 4% Y/Y to $82.1M, and op. income rise 18% to $12.2M. The Tax Preparation segment, which features TaxAct, saw revenue rise 14% to $2.9M, and op. loss grow 47% to $4.5M. Q4 is a seasonally weak quarter for TaxAct.
With the HD Vest deal closed, Blucora ended 2015 with $56M in cash, $11M in available-for-sale investments, $385M in long-term debt, and $186M in convertible debt.
- Blucora's Q4 results, earnings release
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:26 PM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 8, 5:42 PM
Dec. 31, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) has closed its $580M purchase of HD Vest (first announced in October), a broker focused on wealth management offerings for tax pros. HD Vest, whose purchase was financed in part through a $425M credit facility, will be integrated with Blucora's TaxAct tax prep software unit.
- Blucora: "The HD Vest platform currently supports more than 4,600 registered financial representatives managing more than $37 billion in assets ... As we integrate, TaxAct's 5.5 million tax filers and 19,500 professional tax preparers will gain seamless access to HD Vest's comprehensive financial advice and technology-enabled advisory solutions."
- Between them, HD Vest and TaxAct are expected to have 2015 revenue of $436.8M and adjusted EBITDA of $86.5M. For reference, Blucora's 2015 revenue consensus (doesn't cover HD Vest, and does cover Infospace and Monoprice, which the company plans to sell) is at $466.9M.
Dec. 14, 2015, 12:44 PM
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:18 AM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) has already seen 338K shares change hands amid today's surge. The 3-month daily average is 443K.
- No major news has hit the wires yet. Shares went into trading today just $0.70 away from a 52-week low of $8.85. A $580M deal to buy broker-dealer HD Vest was announced in October, along with plans to sell Infospace and Monoprice.
Oct. 30, 2015, 6:11 PM
- Though it slightly beat Q3 EPS estimates and posted in-line revenue, Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) guided for Q4 revenue of $85.9M-$91.9M and EPS of -$0.16 to -$0.22, almost entirely below a consensus of $91.7M and -$0.09. Shares tumbled to new 52-week lows in response.
- With the revised Google deal continuing to weigh, search/content revenue fell 42% Y/Y to $43.1M. Tax preparation revenue grew 16% to $2.9M, and e-commerce revenue (Monoprice) rose 2% to $38.8M. GAAP operating expenses fell 15% Y/Y to $98.4M.
- Blucora is two weeks removed from announcing a $580M deal to buy broker-dealer HD Vest, and stating it will explore selling Infospace and Monoprice.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:25 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR): Q4 EPS of -$0.13 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $84.9M (-26.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Oct. 14, 2015, 12:46 PM
Oct. 14, 2015, 8:14 AM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) agrees to acquire HD Vest Financial Services, a brokerage specializing in helping tax advisers become licensed to sell investment products, for $580M.
- BCOR also says it seeks to sell its InfoSpace and Monoprice units, in an attempt to shift further away from online search and content services as it double down on tax preparation services, which it sees as a more steady and predictable business.
- BCOR says the HD Vest transaction will generate substantial free cash flow that will be returned to shareholders starting in 2017.
Blucora, Inc. operates a portfolio of Internet businesses. . The company operates through three reportable segments: Search and Content, Tax Preparation, and E-Commerce. The Search and Content business operates through a subsidiary InfoSpace LLC and provides search services to users. The Tax... More
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR