After Q2, The 'New' Blucora Has Some Of The Same Old Concerns
Vince Martin • 18 Comments
Vince Martin • 18 Comments
Q1 Mattered: Why I'm Staying Long Blucora
Vince Martin • 22 Comments
Vince Martin • 22 Comments
Thu, Jul. 28, 3:03 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:59 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:43 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:36 AM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR): Q1 EPS of $0.94 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $165.8M (+5.0% Y/Y) beats by $2.49M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Mar. 15, 9:14 AM
- John Clendening, formerly an EVP and investor services co-head at Charles Schwab, has been named Blucora's (NASDAQ:BCOR) CEO and a board member, effective April 4.
- Clendening succeeds William Ruckelshaus, who previously announced plans to step down. Ruckelshaus is also leaving the board. (8-K filing)
- The CEO change comes amid Blucora's transformation into a financial services provider, via its acquisition of brokerage HD Vest and the planned sale of its Infospace and Monoprice units.
Fri, Feb. 12, 11:26 AM
- Though Blucora (BCOR -14.7%) slightly beat Q4 EPS estimates (while missing on revenue), the company is guiding for Q1 EPS of $0.88-$0.96 and 2016 EPS of $0.96-$1.12, below consensus estimates of $1.07 and $1.32. Q1 is a seasonally big quarter for Blucora's TaxAct tax prep software business.
- Revenue guidance is stronger - Q1 revenue of $162.5M-$167M and 2016 revenue of $444M-$462.5M vs. consensus estimates of $163.9M and $451.5M.
Q4 details: Blucora's Wealth Management unit, the product of the recent HD Vest acquisition, saw revenue rise 4% Y/Y to $82.1M, and op. income rise 18% to $12.2M. The Tax Preparation segment, which features TaxAct, saw revenue rise 14% to $2.9M, and op. loss grow 47% to $4.5M. Q4 is a seasonally weak quarter for TaxAct.
With the HD Vest deal closed, Blucora ended 2015 with $56M in cash, $11M in available-for-sale investments, $385M in long-term debt, and $186M in convertible debt.
- Blucora's Q4 results, earnings release
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:26 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR): Q4 EPS of -$0.19 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $85M (+4.2% Y/Y) misses by $2.65M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 8, 5:42 PM
Dec. 31, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) has closed its $580M purchase of HD Vest (first announced in October), a broker focused on wealth management offerings for tax pros. HD Vest, whose purchase was financed in part through a $425M credit facility, will be integrated with Blucora's TaxAct tax prep software unit.
- Blucora: "The HD Vest platform currently supports more than 4,600 registered financial representatives managing more than $37 billion in assets ... As we integrate, TaxAct's 5.5 million tax filers and 19,500 professional tax preparers will gain seamless access to HD Vest's comprehensive financial advice and technology-enabled advisory solutions."
- Between them, HD Vest and TaxAct are expected to have 2015 revenue of $436.8M and adjusted EBITDA of $86.5M. For reference, Blucora's 2015 revenue consensus (doesn't cover HD Vest, and does cover Infospace and Monoprice, which the company plans to sell) is at $466.9M.
Dec. 14, 2015, 12:44 PM
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:18 AM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) has already seen 338K shares change hands amid today's surge. The 3-month daily average is 443K.
- No major news has hit the wires yet. Shares went into trading today just $0.70 away from a 52-week low of $8.85. A $580M deal to buy broker-dealer HD Vest was announced in October, along with plans to sell Infospace and Monoprice.
Oct. 30, 2015, 6:11 PM
- Though it slightly beat Q3 EPS estimates and posted in-line revenue, Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) guided for Q4 revenue of $85.9M-$91.9M and EPS of -$0.16 to -$0.22, almost entirely below a consensus of $91.7M and -$0.09. Shares tumbled to new 52-week lows in response.
- With the revised Google deal continuing to weigh, search/content revenue fell 42% Y/Y to $43.1M. Tax preparation revenue grew 16% to $2.9M, and e-commerce revenue (Monoprice) rose 2% to $38.8M. GAAP operating expenses fell 15% Y/Y to $98.4M.
- Blucora is two weeks removed from announcing a $580M deal to buy broker-dealer HD Vest, and stating it will explore selling Infospace and Monoprice.
- Q3 results, PR