What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Today, 11:26 AM
- Though Blucora (BCOR -14.7%) slightly beat Q4 EPS estimates (while missing on revenue), the company is guiding for Q1 EPS of $0.88-$0.96 and 2016 EPS of $0.96-$1.12, below consensus estimates of $1.07 and $1.32. Q1 is a seasonally big quarter for Blucora's TaxAct tax prep software business.
- Revenue guidance is stronger - Q1 revenue of $162.5M-$167M and 2016 revenue of $444M-$462.5M vs. consensus estimates of $163.9M and $451.5M.
- Q4 details: Blucora's Wealth Management unit, the product of the recent HD Vest acquisition, saw revenue rise 4% Y/Y to $82.1M, and op. income rise 18% to $12.2M. The Tax Preparation segment, which features TaxAct, saw revenue rise 14% to $2.9M, and op. loss grow 47% to $4.5M. Q4 is a seasonally weak quarter for TaxAct.
With the HD Vest deal closed, Blucora ended 2015 with $56M in cash, $11M in available-for-sale investments, $385M in long-term debt, and $186M in convertible debt.
- Blucora's Q4 results, earnings release
Yesterday, 4:26 PM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 8, 5:42 PM
Dec. 31, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) has closed its $580M purchase of HD Vest (first announced in October), a broker focused on wealth management offerings for tax pros. HD Vest, whose purchase was financed in part through a $425M credit facility, will be integrated with Blucora's TaxAct tax prep software unit.
- Blucora: "The HD Vest platform currently supports more than 4,600 registered financial representatives managing more than $37 billion in assets ... As we integrate, TaxAct's 5.5 million tax filers and 19,500 professional tax preparers will gain seamless access to HD Vest's comprehensive financial advice and technology-enabled advisory solutions."
- Between them, HD Vest and TaxAct are expected to have 2015 revenue of $436.8M and adjusted EBITDA of $86.5M. For reference, Blucora's 2015 revenue consensus (doesn't cover HD Vest, and does cover Infospace and Monoprice, which the company plans to sell) is at $466.9M.
Dec. 14, 2015, 12:44 PM
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:18 AM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) has already seen 338K shares change hands amid today's surge. The 3-month daily average is 443K.
- No major news has hit the wires yet. Shares went into trading today just $0.70 away from a 52-week low of $8.85. A $580M deal to buy broker-dealer HD Vest was announced in October, along with plans to sell Infospace and Monoprice.
Oct. 30, 2015, 6:11 PM
- Though it slightly beat Q3 EPS estimates and posted in-line revenue, Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) guided for Q4 revenue of $85.9M-$91.9M and EPS of -$0.16 to -$0.22, almost entirely below a consensus of $91.7M and -$0.09. Shares tumbled to new 52-week lows in response.
- With the revised Google deal continuing to weigh, search/content revenue fell 42% Y/Y to $43.1M. Tax preparation revenue grew 16% to $2.9M, and e-commerce revenue (Monoprice) rose 2% to $38.8M. GAAP operating expenses fell 15% Y/Y to $98.4M.
- Blucora is two weeks removed from announcing a $580M deal to buy broker-dealer HD Vest, and stating it will explore selling Infospace and Monoprice.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:25 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR): Q4 EPS of -$0.13 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $84.9M (-26.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Oct. 14, 2015, 12:46 PM
Oct. 14, 2015, 8:14 AM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) agrees to acquire HD Vest Financial Services, a brokerage specializing in helping tax advisers become licensed to sell investment products, for $580M.
- BCOR also says it seeks to sell its InfoSpace and Monoprice units, in an attempt to shift further away from online search and content services as it double down on tax preparation services, which it sees as a more steady and predictable business.
- BCOR says the HD Vest transaction will generate substantial free cash flow that will be returned to shareholders starting in 2017.
Jul. 30, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Along with its Q2 results, Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR) announces its Infospace search unit has struck a 3-year deal with Microsoft to show Bing search results and ad content on Infospace PC and mobile properties. Terms are undisclosed.
- The Bing deal is overshadowing soft Q3 guidance: Revenue of $82.5M-$90.3M and EPS of -$0.06 to -$0.14 vs. a consensus of $92.7M and -$0.03.
- Blucora's search/content revenue, still pressured by the 2014 restructuring of its Google search distribution deal, fell 35% Y/Y in Q2 to $52.1M. Tax preparation revenue rose 17% to $30.9M, and e-commerce revenue (Monoprice) rose 2% to $35.9M.
- Shares have risen to $16.00 AH.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 30, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Blucora (NASDAQ:BCOR): Q2 EPS of $0.48 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $118.98M (-16.0% Y/Y) in-line.
Jul. 29, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AIV, AMCC, AMGN, ATEN, AUY, AVD, AXTI, BAS, BCOR, BCOV, BRCM, BVN, CALD, CATM, CLW, CMLS, COHR, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DLR, DTLK, EA, EEP, EGO, EIX, ELLI, ES, ESS, EVHC, EXPE, FE, FEIC, FEYE, FLR, FLS, FR, FRGI, GB, GMED, HBI, HK, HME, HTCH, IM, IMMR, INT, ISBC, KAMN, KLAC, LEG, LNKD, LRE, LSCC, MOH, MTD, MTSN, MWA, MXWL, NGVC, NR, NSR, OLN, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PKI, PODD, PTCT, PXLW, QLGC, QTM, RGC, RMD, RNG, ROVI, SAM, SB, SGEN, SKYW, SPF, SPN, SYA, SYNA, SZYM, TCO, TEP, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TPX, TSYS, TXTR, UHS, VCRA, VVUS, WAGE, WBMD, WU, WWWW, YRCW, ZLTQ
May 1, 2015, 1:10 PM
- With shares having gone into earnings more than 50% below their late-2013/early-2014 highs, Blucora's (NASDAQ:BCOR) Q1 beat and in-line guidance are going over quite well: The search engine/tax software provider forecasts Q2 revenue of $114M-$123.5M and EPS of $0.38-$0.48 vs. a consensus of $117.4M and $0.43.
- Google deal changes contributed to a 45% Y/Y Q1 drop in search/content division revenue to $58.7M. However, tax preparation revenue rose 12% to $81.1M, and Blucora forecasts TaxACT software/service revenue will rise 13% for the whole of 1H15. E-commerce (Monoprice) revenue fell 6% to $35M.
- A 21% Y/Y drop in GAAP operating expenses to $136.1M provided a lift to EPS. Adjusted EBITDA fell 11% to $50.8M, and is expected to total $20.8M-$24.8M in Q2.
- Q1 results, PR
Blucora Inc is engaged in operating Internet business. It operates an internet Search & Content business, an online Tax Preparation business, and an E-Commerce business providing search services to users, online tax preparation service & sales services.
Other News & PR