Fri, Nov. 20, 7:49 AM
- With the aim of enhancing its presence in the home care market, C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR) acquires Liberator Medical Holdings (NYSEMKT:LBMH), a direct-to-consumer distributor of Durable Medical Equipment (DME), for $3.35 per share (~$181M).
- Liberator sells general medical supplies including urological catheters, ostomy products, mastectomy fashions, diabetic supplies and a modest amount of Bard's products.
- The transaction, which will add ~$70M to Bard's top line and be slightly accretive to non-GAAP EPS in 2016, should close in Q1. Starting in 2017, the acquisition will add between five and ten cents to non-GAAP cash EPS.
- LBMH is up 25% premarket.
Oct. 23, 2013, 10:01 AM
- C.R. Bard (BCR +5.5%) gets a pair of upgrades on the heels of Tuesday's Q3 top and bottom line beat (see here and here).
- "Simply put, the elements driving our Sell thesis are getting resolved," Goldman's David Roman notes, adding that "organic growth has ticked up the past two quarters and ... the company looks to have sustainable new growth drivers."
- Roman lifts BCR to Neutral from Sell and raises its price target to $132 from $106.
- Also: Piper upgrades the shares to Overweight from Neutral.
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:42 PM
- C.R. Bard (BCR) trades up 1.6% AH following the company's Q3 beat.
- U.S. net sales come in at $500.3M, up 3% Y/Y.
- Adjusted net income falls 14% to $122.3M.
- Sales growth by segment: Vascular, +4%; Urology, +3%; Oncology, +6%; Surgical Specialties, +9%.
- Here's CEO Timothy Ring: "We are pleased with the results this quarter, exceeding expectations on both the top and bottom line. Consistent with our plan, we continue to focus on shifting the mix of the portfolio to faster revenue growth through targeted investments and acquisitions." (PR)
Sep. 4, 2013, 7:49 AM
- C.R. Bard (BCR) will acquire Rochester Medical (ROCM) for $20/ share.
- The deal "greatly enhances BCR's position in a $930 million global urology homecare market," management says. ROCM had net sales of $61.68M last year. (PR)
- It's a good day to be an ROCM shareholder — the purchase price represents a nearly 45% premium from Tuesday's close.
- ROCM +43.7% premarket
- Last month: BCR acquires Medafor for $200M
Jan. 31, 2013, 4:06 PM
Oct. 24, 2012, 12:51 PMMedical-device firm C.R. Bard (BCR -2.5%) dips on a mixed Q3, with net profit roughly flat Y/Y as sales rose less than expected. The company blames the shortfall on a weakness in its U.S. market, where sales fell roughly 1%. Sales were stronger abroad, rising about 3%. Sales in its vascular business, its largest, were down 2.7%, while its urology unit posted a 3.2% rise. The company also announced plans to acquire privately held Neomend, a developer of sprayable surgical sealants and anti-adhesion products, for $140M. | Oct. 24, 2012, 12:51 PM | Comment!
Jul. 22, 2011, 9:58 AM
CR Bard Inc manufactures, distributes and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic and patient care devices. The Company sells its products to hospitals, individual healthcare professionals, and extended care facilities.
Other News & PR