What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Tue, Jan. 12, 12:51 PM
Dec. 16, 2015, 4:15 PM
Nov. 12, 2015, 10:09 AM
Oct. 13, 2015, 5:22 PM
Sep. 11, 2015, 11:22 PM
Aug. 12, 2015, 11:23 AM
Jul. 13, 2015, 10:11 AM
Jun. 10, 2015, 12:29 PM
Jun. 5, 2015, 12:41 PM
- The overall market capitalization of the world's 40 biggest miners has been cut in half over four years, sinking 16% Y/Y to $791B at the end of 2014, according to the latest annual survey by accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- PwC said the top 40 miners' return on capital employed fell to its lowest level since at least 2005, and few companies, including Randgold Resources (NASDAQ:GOLD) and Norlisk Nickel (OTCPK:NILSY), topped 15%.
- The top 40's dividend coverage was just 1.1x, a practice PwC says "isn’t sustainable in the long term... dividends paid in 2014 consumed all available cash, reducing the balance sheet flexibility of miners."
- The consequence of the payouts and the falling market cap is that miners’ dividend yield rose to 5%, the highest in a decade.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, XME, COPX, SGDM, BCX, ASA, SLVP, CU, RING, HAP, IRV, PSAU, MXI, GNR, TGLDX, PICK
May 26, 2015, 2:53 PM
- Energy and natural resources stocks are among today's weakest performers as a sharp increase in the dollar destabilized commodity markets.
- Nymex crude oil futures fell 2.8% to its lowest level in a week at $58.03/bbl, while Comex gold fell 1.4% to a two-week low $1,186.90/oz., as upbeat U.S. data on new home sales and consumer confidence helped lift the dollar.
- Adding to oil price weakness was commentary from Goldman Sachs expecting the global oil market to be oversupplied by 1.9M bbl/day this quarter, saying "the market now depends on how U.S. producers will respond to the recent rally and whether low-cost producers can sustainably deliver higher production."
- ETFs: GDX, USO, NUGT, OIL, XLE, GGN, DUST, UCO, SIL, UWTI, VDE, ERX, OIH, SCO, XOP, BNO, DBO, UGL, DWTI, ERY, GLDX, DGP, DIG, GLL, DTO, UGLD, DZZ, DUG, BGR, USL, XES, IYE, GLDI, SGDM, IEO, BCX, ASA, SLVP, IEZ, DGL, DNO, DGZ, RING, FENY, PXE, DGLD, PXI, HAP, FIF, PXJ, IRV, PSAU, OLO, SZO, NDP, MXI, RYE, GNR, FXN, TGLDX, GUNR, TBAR, GEUR, UBG, GYEN, BAR, TWTI, OLEM, DDG
Apr. 10, 2015, 2:46 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 1:26 PM
The investment seeks high current income and current gains, with a secondary objective of capital appreciation. The fund normally invests at least 80% of its total assets in equity securities issued by commodity or natural resources companies, derivatives
Other News & PR