Blue Calypso, Inc.OTCQB
Thu, Nov. 10, 4:56 PM
- Marketing firm Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP +5%) saw revenues decline in Q3 earnings that culminated in a wider loss.
- Revenues fell off by nearly 50%, due mainly to project-based revenue subject to development project timing. Meanwhile, total operating expenses increased to $1.4M from $1.1M thanks to share-based compensation.
- “Our third quarter revenues were weaker than expected as adoption of our solution with large brick-and-mortar retailers did not accelerate as quickly as we would’ve liked," said CEO Andrew Levi. "However, the trajectory with our top-line revenue growth remains intact, up 40% for the first nine months of 2016 to $1.0 million versus the same year ago period."
- Cash total came to $431,000, vs. $730,000 at the end of last year.
- Press Release
Thu, Nov. 10, 4:06 PM
Tue, Oct. 18, 2:25 PM
- Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP -11.8%) has announced that its chairman, Hal Brierley, is stepping down from his role to spend more time in a function at Southern Methodist University.
- It's named founder and CEO Andrew Levi to take on the chairman's role as well.
- Brierley will oversee the Brierley Institute for Customer Engagement, an initiative studying the behavior of customers and their ties to products. He'll still serve in a senior advisory role on Blue Calypso's board.
- After the moves, the board comprises four members, three of whom are independent.
Wed, Aug. 10, 6:35 PM
- Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP -2.9%) posted a slightly narrower net loss in Q2 earnings as revenue gains outstripped expenses that rose about 35%.
- The company lost $0.6M. Revenue rose to $0.5M.
- Activations rose 110% sequentially. "Should all of our active sales pursuits close in the near term, Blue Calypso would achieve its goal of becoming cash flow positive by fiscal year-end 2016," says CEO Andrew Levi.
- Cash came to $1M at quarter's end, up from $730K at the end of 2015. It raised $1M in a private placement with Hal Brierley, named chairman of the board late last month.
- Press Release
Wed, Aug. 10, 4:16 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 10:14 AM
- Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) has named Hal Brierley its new chairman of the board, replacing founder Andrew Levi in that role.
- Levi will remain on the board and continue as CEO of the company. Brierley becomes the company's first independent chairman.
- Brierley is chairman and CEO of loyalty consulting and venture development firm The Brierley Group. He's had decades of management experience in the loyalty marketing sector, and was instrumental in the development of frequent flyer programs at American Airlines and Pan Am.
Mon, May 16, 4:02 PM
- Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP): Q1 EPS of -$0.16
- Revenue of $0.26M (+116.7% Y/Y)
Mon, May 9, 7:02 PM
- After a day where its stock traded as much as 33% lower, Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP -9.3%) said it would postpone its earnings release set for this afternoon to next Monday.
- The move will give it more time to finalize results, the company said.
- The company will release results before a conference call scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET, hosted by CEO Andrew Levi and CFO Chris Fameree, and issue a 10-Q that day as well.
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:03 PM
- Thinly traded Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) closed up 19.5% today after a federal court of appeals reversed decisions by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in the company's favor.
- The court ruled for Blue Calypso in two of the four substantive issues, the company said, resulting in reinstating several lost claims.
- The PTAB granted petitions by Groupon for review over business method patents in December 2013 and January 2014, and found in December 2014 that various claims of Blue Calypso patents were invalid.
- The court this week overturned a decision tied to insufficient written description, but upheld the invalidity. The company's eager to get to trial and is looking at other options for appeals, said chief Andrew Levi.
Wed, Mar. 2, 3:52 PM
- In an 8-K, Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP +24.4%) says it's issued to certain investors 411,765 shares of common stock (and warrants to buy an additional 102,941 shares) for gross proceeds of $350K.
- The transaction is a private placement, and the shares and warrants aren't registered.
- The warrants are exercisable at an exercise price of $1.25/share for a five-year term.
- Shares are at their highest point since early December.
Wed, Feb. 17, 12:54 PM
- Thinly traded Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) is up 4.2% today, alongside news that it's fully repaid a senior convertible note tied to its effort to uplist last year.
- The note was bridge financing issued last summer as the company initially pursued uplisting to a national exchange from over-the-counter status. Blue Calypso withdrew that attempt amid market instability in August and September.
- With the final repayment, the company avoided interest payments and any dilution, and has no outstanding debt, says CEO Andrew Levi.
Nov. 16, 2015, 8:10 PM
- Nanocap marketing firm Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) posted a sharp rise in revenues in its Q3 results along with a net loss that narrowed about 38% Y/Y.
- Revenues rew to $508.4K, leading to a net loss of $792.9K, compared to a year-ago loss of $1.28M. G&A expenses were cut nearly 60%, to $463.97K.
- In litigation, it pointed to settlements with IZEA and Yelp, while noting that a trial with Groupon and FourSquare was stayed until after a December ruling in Federal Circuit Court.
- Earnings call transcript
Nov. 16, 2015, 6:00 PM
- Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP): Q3 Net loss of $0.79M
- Revenue of $0.5M (+61.3% Y/Y)
Oct. 21, 2015, 9:15 AM
- Nanocap marketing firm Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) has pulled plans for a public offering, and instead closed a round of private financing, issuing 482.5K shares for $4.25 each.
- That results in gross proceeds of $2.05M. The shares also included warrants to purchase another 482.5K shares at an exercise price of $4.75.
- "We may evaluate an uplist strategy in the future, but for now we are focusing our energies on growing the business," says CEO Andrew Levi.
- Blue Calypso shares closed yesterday at $3.45.
Sep. 28, 2015, 1:10 PM
- In-store marketing firm Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) says Yelp has agreed to an initial order of 4,000 of its KIOSentrix beacons, with an eye to exploring their use in Yelp's retail customer base.
- Beacons would deliver location-based content to Yelp customers as they enter restaurants and retail locations, and the information would help retailers learn when Yelp has steered customer traffic to their stores.
- Along with the move, the two companies agreed to dismiss their pending lawsuit.
Jul. 2, 2015, 9:55 AM
- Blue Calypso (OTCQB:BCYP) has followed through on plans for a reverse split, as its board approved a 1-for-50 reverse split effective immediately with an application for up-listing to either NYSE or Nasdaq.
- A reverse split of some amount had gotten shareholder approval in June.
- The company's stock, which had last traded around $0.10, will trade on a split-adjusted basis on a new CUSIP number and a ticker symbol of BCYPD for 20 trading days.