Boulder Brands: Is Someone Really Going To Pay $10?
Boulder Brands: No, Sub-$7 Isn't Cheap Enough
Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Boulder Brands: Q1 Solid, But Concerns Remain
Boulder Brands: Not Worth A Billion Dollars
Fri, Jan. 15, 4:21 PM| Fri, Jan. 15, 4:21 PM | 5 Comments
Fri, Jan. 8, 9:22 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) extends its tender offer for all shares of Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) still outstanding.
- The company is snapping up shares of Boulder Brands at $11.00 per share.
- Two views on the Pinnacle-Boulder merger are highlighted on SA, contributor Vince Martin frets over the deal price, while contributor Bull's Run sees upside potential.
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Egg prices fell 4.8% in November to follow a 3.8% slide in October.
- The level of egg prices is still 23.7% higher than a year ago, due largely to the avian flu issue earlier this year.
- Milk prices were also lower during November, down 0.7% M/M and 7.7% Y/Y. The broader dairy category saw price declines of 3.4% Y/Y and 0.6% M/M.
- These are some of the companies that talked about milk or egg prices being a factor during their most recent earnings conference call: CALM, KO, DF, WWAV, GIS, POST, KR, DG, OTCPK:PRRFY, BDBD, GTIM, BOBE, HRL, FLO, JJSF, DENN, MCD.
- BLS CPI data
Nov. 24, 2015, 9:17 AM
Nov. 24, 2015, 8:01 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) announces it will acquire Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) for $11.00 per share. The deal amount is ~$975M when debt is factored in.
- The transction is expected to close in Q1 of 2016 and be accretive to EPS next year.
- BDBD +8.34% premarket to $10.91. A sale was anticipated after Boulder Brands announced it was exploring strategic alternatives earlier this year.
Nov. 18, 2015, 9:44 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) is 3.6% higher in early trading after ConAgra announces it will split into two companies. Some analysts have argued that Boulder Brands has a sum-of-the-parts valuation over its market cap.
- Wunderlich initiated coverage on the stock with a Buy rating and late last week Engaged Capital disclosed an increased stake.
- SEC Form 13F
Nov. 5, 2015, 9:04 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD): Q3 EPS of $0.08 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $132.9M (-0.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.73M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Oct. 23, 2015, 9:58 AM
- M&A talk in the food sector could set off a chain reaction, according to analysts.
- Kellogg's (K +0.2%) interest in Diamond Foods (DMND +6.6%) and a play by Treehouse Foods (THS +3.1%) for Ralcorp are in advanced stages, but other companies which could be drawn into talks include Boulder Brands (BDBD +0.5%), Amplify Snack Brands (BETR +1.7%), Mondelez International (MDLZ -0.1%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.1%) and Hain Celestial Group (HAIN +0.4%).
- Private-label brands in particular may look appetizing to larger food companies.
- Previously: Reuters: TreeHouse in talks to buy Ralcorp from ConAgra (Oct. 22 2015)
- Previously: NY Post: Kellogg close to Diamond Foods buyout (Oct. 23 2015)
- Related ETF: PBJ
Aug. 6, 2015, 2:42 PM
- Boulder Brands (BDBD +15.9%) trades higher after company raises profit guidance above consensus estimates.
- 2015 EPS of $0.20 to $0.25 is forecast vs $0.20 consensus.
- Management also disclosed that Boulder Brands has received inquiries from parties interested in making a deal. Financial advisers are assisting Boulder Brands in evaluating options.
- Previously: Boulder Brands misses by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 06 2015)
Aug. 6, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD): Q2 EPS of $0.00 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $119.3M (-9.2% Y/Y) misses by $5.08M.
- Shares +18.7% PM.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACTA, AGIO, AGN, AGO, AINV, AMCX, APA, AXAS, AYR, BBEP, BBW, BCE, BDBD, BDX, BECN, CC, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DDD, DUK, DX, EAT, EBS, EMES, ENOC, ENR, EXK, EXTR, FSV, FSYS, GCAP, GLOG, GLP, GNRC, GOGO, GTXI, GWPH, HCLP, HGG, HII, HILL, HL, HSNI, INFI, INSY, IRC, KOP, KORS, LAMR, LEAF, LPI, LQDT, MBLY, MEG, MFC, MITL, MMP, MMS, MPEL, MYL, NGS, NRF, NRP, NRZ, NVO, NXST, NXTM, NYT, OA, OGE, ONE, OTIV, OWW, PBH, PGNX, PLUG, PRIM, RDEN, RGEN, RICE, RSTI, RVLT, RWLK, SATS, SBH, SEAS, SFY, SGM, SNH, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STN, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, TECH, TESO, THS, TK, TLP, TNK, VER, VIAB, WIN, WPP, YORW, ZEUS
Jul. 30, 2015, 10:00 AM
Jul. 8, 2015, 5:41 PM
Jul. 8, 2015, 9:45 AM
- Boulder Brands (BDBD -1.3%) says it has cut 15% of its salaried workforce and realigned its organizational structure as it seeks to improve profitability.
- BDBD says it plans to deploy the cost savings associated with the changes toward enhanced marketing activities expected to help drive velocities of core products.
Jun. 10, 2015, 9:15 AM
Boulder Brands Inc is engaged in the natural foods industry. The Company distributes products including brands like Glutino, Udi's, Earth Balance to retail channels, including natural, grocery, club and mass merchandise.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Processed & Packaged Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR