Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Fri, Jan. 15, 4:21 PM| Fri, Jan. 15, 4:21 PM | 5 Comments
Nov. 24, 2015, 8:01 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) announces it will acquire Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) for $11.00 per share. The deal amount is ~$975M when debt is factored in.
- The transction is expected to close in Q1 of 2016 and be accretive to EPS next year.
- BDBD +8.34% premarket to $10.91. A sale was anticipated after Boulder Brands announced it was exploring strategic alternatives earlier this year.
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:42 AM
- Boulder Brands (BDBD +2.3%) buys frozen food seller Evol Foods for $48M.
- CEO Stephen Hughes thinks the small purchase could lead to big things down the road with the Evol brand giving it a strategic entry into new high-growth natural categories. By 2015, the company expects the acquisition to be accretive to EPS.
Jun. 1, 2012, 7:59 AM
Smart Balance (SMBL) says it will pay $125M to acquire Udi's Healthy Foods to help improve its position in the gluten-free foods market. The transaction will be treated as an asset purchase for tax purposes, which will help the company realize future tax benefits of close to $22M.| Jun. 1, 2012, 7:59 AM