Boulder Brands: Is Someone Really Going To Pay $10?
Boulder Brands: No, Sub-$7 Isn't Cheap Enough
Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Boulder Brands: Q1 Solid, But Concerns Remain
Boulder Brands: Not Worth A Billion Dollars
Nov. 24, 2015, 9:17 AM
Nov. 24, 2015, 8:01 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) announces it will acquire Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) for $11.00 per share. The deal amount is ~$975M when debt is factored in.
- The transction is expected to close in Q1 of 2016 and be accretive to EPS next year.
- BDBD +8.34% premarket to $10.91. A sale was anticipated after Boulder Brands announced it was exploring strategic alternatives earlier this year.
Oct. 23, 2015, 9:58 AM
- M&A talk in the food sector could set off a chain reaction, according to analysts.
- Kellogg's (K +0.2%) interest in Diamond Foods (DMND +6.6%) and a play by Treehouse Foods (THS +3.1%) for Ralcorp are in advanced stages, but other companies which could be drawn into talks include Boulder Brands (BDBD +0.5%), Amplify Snack Brands (BETR +1.7%), Mondelez International (MDLZ -0.1%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.1%) and Hain Celestial Group (HAIN +0.4%).
- Private-label brands in particular may look appetizing to larger food companies.
- Previously: Reuters: TreeHouse in talks to buy Ralcorp from ConAgra (Oct. 22 2015)
- Previously: NY Post: Kellogg close to Diamond Foods buyout (Oct. 23 2015)
- Related ETF: PBJ
Aug. 6, 2015, 2:42 PM
- Boulder Brands (BDBD +15.9%) trades higher after company raises profit guidance above consensus estimates.
- 2015 EPS of $0.20 to $0.25 is forecast vs $0.20 consensus.
- Management also disclosed that Boulder Brands has received inquiries from parties interested in making a deal. Financial advisers are assisting Boulder Brands in evaluating options.
- Previously: Boulder Brands misses by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 06 2015)
Aug. 6, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD): Q2 EPS of $0.00 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $119.3M (-9.2% Y/Y) misses by $5.08M.
- Shares +18.7% PM.
Jul. 30, 2015, 10:00 AM
Jul. 8, 2015, 5:41 PM
Jun. 10, 2015, 9:15 AM
Jun. 10, 2015, 9:01 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) announces the resignation of CEO Stephen Hughes.
- COO James Leighton will fill the position on an interim basis.
- The company also warned sales will fall 5% to 7% in Q2.
- Sales in the Balance segment are expected to drop off 16% to 18% during the quarter.
- BDBD -18.36% premarket to $7.25.
Feb. 26, 2015, 9:21 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) sees FY15 revenue of $550M to $560M vs. $576.5M consensus.
- Shares of BDBD are getting punished in early trading after the company's 1.5% slip in Q4 organic sales amid inventory rebalancing looked weak.
- Previously: Boulder Brands slides 17.2% after reporting Q4 results
- BDBD -18.99% premarket to $9.30.
Oct. 31, 2014, 5:39 PM
Oct. 23, 2014, 2:21 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 10:45 AM
- Shares of Boulder Brands (BDBD -22%) dive after the company resets expectations for Q3 and Q4.
- The company sees Q3 revenue of $142.1M vs. $134M. consensus.
- Q3 EPS is forecast to be $0.08 vs. $0.10-$0.12 prior and $0.11 consensus.
- Q4 EPS is pegged at $0.04-$0.06 vs. $0.18-$0.20 prior and $0.17 consensus.
- A shift in mix toward lower-margin products is partially to blame, say analysts.
- Good timing by SA Pro contributor John-Erik Koslosky on his bearish BDBD call, but Mario Gabelli must be scratching his head.
Sep. 10, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 9, 2014, 9:36 AM
Boulder Brands Inc is engaged in the natural foods industry. The Company distributes products including brands like Glutino, Udi's, Earth Balance to retail channels, including natural, grocery, club and mass merchandise.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Processed & Packaged Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR