Boulder Brands, Inc.NASDAQ
Boulder Brands: Is Someone Really Going To Pay $10?
Boulder Brands: No, Sub-$7 Isn't Cheap Enough
Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Vince Martin • 11 Comments
Fri, Jan. 15, 4:21 PM| Fri, Jan. 15, 4:21 PM | 5 Comments
Fri, Jan. 8, 9:22 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) extends its tender offer for all shares of Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) still outstanding.
- The company is snapping up shares of Boulder Brands at $11.00 per share.
- Two views on the Pinnacle-Boulder merger are highlighted on SA, contributor Vince Martin frets over the deal price, while contributor Bull's Run sees upside potential.
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Egg prices fell 4.8% in November to follow a 3.8% slide in October.
- The level of egg prices is still 23.7% higher than a year ago, due largely to the avian flu issue earlier this year.
- Milk prices were also lower during November, down 0.7% M/M and 7.7% Y/Y. The broader dairy category saw price declines of 3.4% Y/Y and 0.6% M/M.
- These are some of the companies that talked about milk or egg prices being a factor during their most recent earnings conference call: CALM, KO, DF, WWAV, GIS, POST, KR, DG, OTCPK:PRRFY, BDBD, GTIM, BOBE, HRL, FLO, JJSF, DENN, MCD.
- BLS CPI data
Nov. 24, 2015, 9:17 AM
Nov. 24, 2015, 8:01 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) announces it will acquire Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) for $11.00 per share. The deal amount is ~$975M when debt is factored in.
- The transction is expected to close in Q1 of 2016 and be accretive to EPS next year.
- BDBD +8.34% premarket to $10.91. A sale was anticipated after Boulder Brands announced it was exploring strategic alternatives earlier this year.
Nov. 18, 2015, 9:44 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD) is 3.6% higher in early trading after ConAgra announces it will split into two companies. Some analysts have argued that Boulder Brands has a sum-of-the-parts valuation over its market cap.
- Wunderlich initiated coverage on the stock with a Buy rating and late last week Engaged Capital disclosed an increased stake.
- SEC Form 13F
Nov. 5, 2015, 9:04 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD): Q3 EPS of $0.08 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $132.9M (-0.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.73M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Oct. 23, 2015, 9:58 AM
- M&A talk in the food sector could set off a chain reaction, according to analysts.
- Kellogg's (K +0.2%) interest in Diamond Foods (DMND +6.6%) and a play by Treehouse Foods (THS +3.1%) for Ralcorp are in advanced stages, but other companies which could be drawn into talks include Boulder Brands (BDBD +0.5%), Amplify Snack Brands (BETR +1.7%), Mondelez International (MDLZ -0.1%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.1%) and Hain Celestial Group (HAIN +0.4%).
- Private-label brands in particular may look appetizing to larger food companies.
- Previously: Reuters: TreeHouse in talks to buy Ralcorp from ConAgra (Oct. 22 2015)
- Previously: NY Post: Kellogg close to Diamond Foods buyout (Oct. 23 2015)
- Related ETF: PBJ
Aug. 6, 2015, 2:42 PM
- Boulder Brands (BDBD +15.9%) trades higher after company raises profit guidance above consensus estimates.
- 2015 EPS of $0.20 to $0.25 is forecast vs $0.20 consensus.
- Management also disclosed that Boulder Brands has received inquiries from parties interested in making a deal. Financial advisers are assisting Boulder Brands in evaluating options.
- Previously: Boulder Brands misses by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 06 2015)
Aug. 6, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Boulder Brands (NASDAQ:BDBD): Q2 EPS of $0.00 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $119.3M (-9.2% Y/Y) misses by $5.08M.
- Shares +18.7% PM.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACTA, AGIO, AGN, AGO, AINV, AMCX, APA, AXAS, AYR, BBEP, BBW, BCE, BDBD, BDX, BECN, CC, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DDD, DUK, DX, EAT, EBS, EMES, ENOC, ENR, EXK, EXTR, FSV, FSYS, GCAP, GLOG, GLP, GNRC, GOGO, GTXI, GWPH, HCLP, HGG, HII, HILL, HL, HSNI, INFI, INSY, IRC, KOP, KORS, LAMR, LEAF, LPI, LQDT, MBLY, MEG, MFC, MITL, MMP, MMS, MPEL, MYL, NGS, NRF, NRP, NRZ, NVO, NXST, NXTM, NYT, OA, OGE, ONE, OTIV, OWW, PBH, PGNX, PLUG, PRIM, RDEN, RGEN, RICE, RSTI, RVLT, RWLK, SATS, SBH, SEAS, SFY, SGM, SNH, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STN, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, TECH, TESO, THS, TK, TLP, TNK, VER, VIAB, WIN, WPP, YORW, ZEUS
Jul. 30, 2015, 10:00 AM
Jul. 8, 2015, 5:41 PM
Jul. 8, 2015, 9:45 AM
- Boulder Brands (BDBD -1.3%) says it has cut 15% of its salaried workforce and realigned its organizational structure as it seeks to improve profitability.
- BDBD says it plans to deploy the cost savings associated with the changes toward enhanced marketing activities expected to help drive velocities of core products.
Jun. 10, 2015, 9:15 AM