Bombardier: An Unloved Stock Despite Strong Competitive Advantages And Cheap Valuation
Jeffrey To • 50 Comments
Jeffrey To • 50 Comments
Fri, Jul. 15, 2:54 PM
- Bombardier's (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) CSeries carries the first paying passengers on its maiden commercial flight from Zurich to Paris, nearly eight years to the day after the program was launched.
- The first CS100 aircraft was delivered to Swiss Air last month, two and a half years after it was originally supposed to be handed off, and held its inaugural flight today.
- The flight came at the windup of the Farnborough Air Show, in which the company announced no new CSeries orders but did secure three Q400 turboprop orders each from Porter Airlines and All Nippon Airways.
- Bombardier's larger CS300 received type certification from Transport Canada on Monday and is expected to be delivered to launch customer Air Baltic in Q4.
Fri, Jul. 15, 8:16 AM
- Brazil may launch a trade challenge against Canada over state funding to Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF), Foreign Minister Jose Serra told Reuters.
- Serra said a $1B investment in Bombardier from Quebec was a "subsidy" and gave the company an unfair advantage that could hurt Brazil's Embraer (NYSE:ERJ)
Tue, Jul. 12, 10:11 AM| Tue, Jul. 12, 10:11 AM
Thu, Jul. 7, 7:31 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) is under less pressure to ink CSeries orders at the Farnborough Airshow next week after receiving orders from Delta and Air Canada.
- "There was a lot of pressure from the industry looking at this program, because early in the program there was a milestone of 300 firm orders," Bombardier's Fred Cromer said in an interview. "We have surpassed that number, so from that standpoint the pressure's off."
Tue, Jul. 5, 12:58 PM
- Prime Minister Trudeau’s government does not expect to reach an aid deal with Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) before this fall, Bloomberg reports.
- Quebec province has invested $1B for Bombardier's CSeries jet program, putting the company on more solid footing as Trudeau is said to be seeking concessions on corporate governance in exchange for aid.
- The government believes Bombardier has a year or more before it faces a serious cash crunch, according to the report, and CEO Alain Bellemare said last week that there was “a lot more runway” for the CSeries project, suggesting federal aid is not urgent though still desired.
Thu, Jun. 30, 5:32 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) has delivered its first CSeries jet to launch operator Swiss International Air Lines (OTCQX:DLAKY), marking the company’s emergence as a direct competitor to challenge Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY) and Boeing (NYSE:BA) in the single-aisle passenger jet market.
- The plane's development ran 2.5 years late and blew billions past its initial $3.4B budget, weighing on Bombardier’s stock price and triggering the replacement of most of its executive team.
Wed, Jun. 29, 9:19 AM
Tue, Jun. 28, 7:24 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) and Air Canada (OTCPK:ACDVF) have finalized a firm purchase agreement that includes 45 CS300 planes and options for an additional 30 aircraft.
- At list prices, the firm order is valued at approximately $3.8B. The amount would increase to $6.3B should all options be exercised.
Thu, Jun. 23, 7:34 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) has reached a final agreement with Quebec's provincial government for a $1B investment in its troubled C Series program.
- The company said it would transfer the airliner's assets, liabilities and obligations to a newly created limited partnership, in which Bombardier will hold a 50.5% equity stake and Quebec the rest.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said this month that the government is still considering the planemaker's request for $1B in federal aid.
Tue, Jun. 21, 8:23 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) is selling its firefighting water-bomber plane program to British Columbia's Viking Air so it could focus on its core business jet, commercial aircraft and rail-transportation operations.
- Terms of the sale, which is expected to close in the next few months, weren't disclosed.
Mon, Jun. 20, 11:23 AM
Tue, Jun. 7, 9:30 AM
Mon, Jun. 6, 8:06 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) announces the successful completion of a C Series demonstration flight carrying 100 passengers, operated by crew featuring the livery of launch customer Swiss Air.
- The one hour and 50 minutes ride from Dublin to Zurich is said to have consumed 20% less fuel than competing single-aisle aircraft currently flying the same route.
Wed, Jun. 1, 8:35 AM
- WestJet Encore has signed a firm order for nine Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) Q400 turboprops in an order valued at $293B at list prices.
- The transaction is a conversion of options booked by the airline's parent company WestJet (OTC:WJAFF) and will increase Encore's fleet to 45 Q400 aircraft.
Tue, May 24, 11:22 AM
- Bombardier's ((OTCQX:BDRAF +3.6%), (OTCQX:BDRBF +3.9%)) landmark win of a large C Series order from Delta provides further evidence of the escalating and still evolving competitive intensity in the multi-decade Boeing (BA -0.5%)/Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY +2.4%) rivalry, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- While the two incumbent airframers are expected to retain the lion's share of the market, the agency said that encroaching competition over the course of the next decade will begin to chip away at their long-standing positions.
- "It's going to take a good bit more time to fully develop, but the beginning of the end of the long-running Boeing/Airbus duopoly is finally upon us," Moody's Senior Vice President Russell Solomon said.
Fri, May 20, 7:58 AM
- There is little chance Canada will walk away from talks on offering aid to Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) because the government needs to secure good quality aerospace jobs, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told Reuters.
- Bombardier asked Ottawa in 2015 to match the province of Quebec's $1B stake in the struggling CSeries narrow body jet program.
- Talks have been bogged down amid disagreements on several issues, sparking speculation that Ottawa might refuse to aid the planemaker.
Bombardier is a world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services.
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Industrial Equipment & Components
Other News & PR