Thu, Aug. 6, 9:57 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX -0.9%) FQ3 results: Revenues: $3,120M (+44.6%); COGS: $1,932M (+84.7%); R&D Expense: $178M (+29.9%); SG&A: $764M (+44.7%); Operating Income: $137M (-69.2%); Net Income: $62M (-81.0%); EPS: $0.29 (-82.4%).
- Sales by segment: BD Medical: Medication and Procedural Solutions: $848M (+43.7%), Medication Management Solutions: $554M, Diabetes Care: $245M (-5.0%), Pharmaceutical Systems: $333M (-5.7%), Respiratory Solutions: $232M, Total BD Medical: $2,199M (+83.1%); Total BD Life Sciences: $921 (-3.7%).
- Total U.S. Sales: $1,693M (+94.4%).
- FY15 Guidance: Revenue growth including the accretion of CareFusion: 28.5 - 29% and 21 - 21.5% from 21 - 22% including the impact of foreign currency; Organic revenue growth including CareFusion: ~4.5%; Toral revenue growth: 20.7 - 321.2%; Non-GAAP EPS: $7.08 - 7.12; GAAP EPS: $3.85 - 3.89.
Thu, Aug. 6, 6:03 AM
Wed, Aug. 5, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACTA, AGIO, AGN, AGO, AINV, AMCX, APA, AXAS, AYR, BBEP, BBW, BCE, BDBD, BDX, BECN, CC, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DDD, DUK, DX, EAT, EBS, EMES, ENOC, ENR, EXK, EXTR, FSV, FSYS, GCAP, GLOG, GLP, GNRC, GOGO, GTXI, GWPH, HCLP, HGG, HII, HILL, HL, HSNI, INFI, INSY, IRC, KOP, KORS, LAMR, LEAF, LPI, LQDT, MBLY, MEG, MFC, MITL, MMP, MMS, MPEL, MYL, NGS, NRF, NRP, NRZ, NVO, NXST, NXTM, NYT, OA, OGE, ONE, OTIV, OWW, PBH, PGNX, PLUG, PRIM, RDEN, RGEN, RICE, RSTI, RVLT, RWLK, SATS, SBH, SEAS, SFY, SGM, SNH, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STN, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, TECH, TESO, THS, TK, TLP, TNK, VER, VIAB, WIN, WPP, YORW, ZEUS
Tue, Jul. 28, 4:49 PM
Mon, Jun. 29, 3:30 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +0.3%) upgraded to Buy from undefined with a $167 (18% upside) price target by UBS.
- Community Health Systems (CYH -0.9%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with an $83.90 (33% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT +2.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $95.71 (11% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -1.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $126 (3% upside) price target by Sterne Agee CRT.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -1.5%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $64 (12% upside) price target by Wells Fargo.
- Cepheid (CPHD -1.7%) raised to Buy from Hold with a $75 (25% upside) price target by Craig-Hallum.
- Merge Healthcare (MRGE -0.1%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $5.75 (17% upside) price target by Topeka Capital.
- Alere (ALR -0.2%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $60 (15% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN -2.1%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a 1275p (16% upside) price target by UBS.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI -4.3%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $40 (135% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
Thu, May 28, 12:51 PM
- Sources close to the matter report that Becton, Dickinson & Company (BDX -0.1%) has hired JP Morgan Chase to assist it in divesting its V. Mueller surgical instruments business following its takeover of CareFusion. The transaction, which could fetch as much as $500M, is a move by the company to shed non-core assets.
Tue, May 19, 5:32 PM
Thu, May 7, 9:01 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (NYSE:BDX) fiscal Q2 results ($M): Revenues: 2,051 (-1.0%); BD Medical: 1,106 (-0.9%); BD Life Sciences: 945 (-1.2%); Operating Income: 293 (-23.1%); Net Income: 216 (-24.7%); EPS: 1.08 (-25.5%).
- Sales by segment: Medical Surgical Systems: 256 (+6.5%); Diabetes Care: 120 (+2.0%); Pharmaceutical Systems: 72 (-6.2%); Preanalytical Systems: 170 (+4.1%); Diagnostic Systems: 149 (+7.5%); Biosciences: 97 (+7.7%).
- U.S. sales: 863 (+4.5%).
- 2015 Guidance: Revenue growth: decline of ~1.5% due to adverse currency movements; +5% on a constant currency basis; Revenue growth including the accretion of CareFusion: 21 - 22% on a reported basis and 28 - 29% on a constant currency basis; Organic revenue growth including CareFusion: ~4.5%; Reported Non-GAAP EPS: $6.43 - 6.50 from $6.50 - 6.57; Non-GAAP EPS growth on a constant currency basis: 9 - 10%. Non-GAAP EPS including CareFusion: $7.00 - 7.10; GAAP EPS: $4.20 - 4.30 from $5.89 - 6.05.
- Shares unchanged premarket.
Thu, May 7, 6:08 AM
Wed, May 6, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACHN, ACRE, AEE, AGIO, AKRX, ALE, ALU, AMRC, APA, APO, ARCP, ARIA, AXAS, BABA, BDBD, BDX, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CHD, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COT, COTY, CRIS, CSIQ, DFT, DNOW, DWRE, ENZY, FIG, FSYS, GLP, GOGO, GOLD, GSM, HII, HILL, HL, HPT, INSY, INXN, IRC, IT, KATE, LEAF, LIOX, LPI, LQDT, LXP, MFC, MGA, MITL, MMS, MPEL, MPW, MT, MWW, MZOR, NCLH, NICE, NJR, NRP, NXST, OGE, ONE, OWW, PCLN, PDCE, PGEM, PMC, PPL, PRFT, RDEN, REGN, RESI, REV, RFP, RGEN, RICE, RRD, RSTI, RWLK, SATS, SEAS, SFY, SNAK, SNI, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STE, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, THS, TIME, TLM, TLP, TU, USAC, VC, VTG, WAC, WIN, WPG, WPP, WRES
Fri, Feb. 6, 2:01 PM
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit denies Becton, Dickinson & Company's (BDX -1.3%) motion for stay of injunction pending appeal in its case against Retractable Technologies (RVP +1.6%). One of the requirements of the injunction mandates that BDX notify its customers and others no later than February 14 that it wrongfully distributed false and misleading advertisements.
- Previously: Retractable Tech up big on court ruling (Jan. 16)
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:47 AM
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX +3.8%) FQ1 results: Revenues: $2,051M (+1.8%); COGS: $1,006M (+2.7%); R&D Expense: $129M (+2.4%); SG&A: $544M (+2.4%); Operating Income: $349M (-7.7%); Net Income: $236M (-12.9%); EPS: $1.20 (-12.4%).
- Fiscal 2015 Guidance: Revenue growth: ~5.0% from 4.5 - 5.0%; EPS: $5.89 - 6.05; non-GAAP EPS: $6.50 - 6.57.
Thu, Feb. 5, 6:04 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Tue, Jan. 27, 4:29 PM
Fri, Jan. 16, 7:16 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Retractable Technologies (NYSEMKT:RVP) jumps 31% premarket after the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas rules against Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX) in its appeal of a September 2013 award of $113M to RVP, who accused BDX attempting to monopolize the safety syringe market.
- The Court's final judgement states that BDX attempted to monopolize the safety syringe market and committed false advertising under the Lanham Act. It awards RVP $340,524,042 plus $11,722,823.20 for attorneys fees plus pre- and post-judgment interest and costs and injunctive relief consistent with prior court orders. All other motions not previously resolved are denied.
BDX vs. ETF Alternatives
Becton Dickinson & Co is a medical technology company, engaged in the manufacture and sale of medical devices, instrument systems and reagents used by healthcare institutions, life science researchers, general public and clinical laboratories.
Other News & PR