Fri, Jan. 8, 10:57 AM
- Germany-based Fresenius Kabi acquires Becton, Dickinson and Company's (BDX -0.2%) Rx business for an undisclosed sum. The deal includes a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Wilson, NC and the BD Simplist line of seven drugs in pre-filled glass syringes.
- The companies also inked a 10-year supply and distribution agreement under which Fresenius will supply BD with a portfolio of intravenous solutions. Both firms intend to launch a range of IV solutions in the U.S. this year.
May 28, 2015, 12:51 PM
- Sources close to the matter report that Becton, Dickinson & Company (BDX -0.1%) has hired JP Morgan Chase to assist it in divesting its V. Mueller surgical instruments business following its takeover of CareFusion. The transaction, which could fetch as much as $500M, is a move by the company to shed non-core assets.
Dec. 4, 2014, 9:58 AM| Dec. 4, 2014, 9:58 AM | 5 Comments
Oct. 13, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX -0.2%) acquires privately-held Limerick, Ireland-based GenCell Biosystems for an undisclosed sum.
- GenCell has developed an automated platform that addresses key biological analysis protocols for library preparation of Next Gen Sequencing to genotyping for agricultural applications.
- BDX will disclose the impact of the transaction in its Q4 earnings call.
Oct. 5, 2014, 4:56 PM
- Becton Dickinson (NYSE:BDX) will acquire CareFusion (NYSE:CFN) for $12.2B in cash and stock in a merger of medical-products makers.
- CareFusion shareholders will receive $49 in cash and 0.0777 BDX share for each CFN share, based on BDX’s Oct. 3 closing price.
- BDX expects the deal will add “double-digit” EPS accretion in its first full year.
- BDX has $9.1B in fully committed bridge funding from Goldman (NYSE:GS).
- The price represents a 26% premium to CFN’s Oct. 3 closing price of $46.17.
- BDX CEO Vincent Forlenza: “BD’s acquisition of CareFusion allows us to align our highly complementary technologies and products to address unmet needs in the growing $20 billion global medication management industry, which leverages BD’s world-wide infrastructure. It accelerates BD’s transition from a product-focused company to a customer-centric provider of innovative healthcare solutions with leading scale across the medication management value chain and expanded solutions for patient safety.”
Jan. 7, 2014, 12:02 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +1.6%) acquires privately-held Alverix, which makes diagnostic instruments.
- The two companies have worked together for the last five years designing and developing the BD Veritor System.
- The deal will be "minimally dilutive" to BDX's FY14 results and "will not impact ... 2014 earnings guidance." (PR)
Apr. 10, 2012, 8:24 AM
Corning (GLW) will acquire a majority of Becton Dickinson's (BDX) Discovery Labware unit for $730M in cash. Corning says the deal will enhance its portfolio of life sciences products and add to its effort to meet its $10B revenue target in the next few years. GLW +0.7%, BDX +0.7% premarket.| Apr. 10, 2012, 8:24 AM | 1 Comment