Thu, Aug. 4, 10:46 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX -4.2%) FQ3 results: Revenues: $3,198M (+2.5%); R&D Expense: $207M (+16.3%); SG&A: $728M (-3.1%); Operating Income: $516M (+276.6%); Net Income: $390M; EPS: $1.80; Non-GAAP EPS: $2.35 (+14.6%).
- FY2016 Guidance: Revenue growth: 21.0% - 21.5%; Non-GAAP EPS: $8.50 - 8.57; Non-GAAP EPS on currency-neutral basis: $9.08 - 9.15; GAAP EPS: $5.88 - 5.95.
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:59 AM
- Becton Dickinson (NYSE:BDX) -3.3% AH after reporting better than expected Q2 earnings on revenue that was essentially in-line with analyst consensus, but it cut its full-year revenue outlook, blaming foreign exchange challenges.
- BDX now sees FY 2016 of $8.50-$8.57 vs. $8.56 analyst consensus estimate, and cuts full-year revenue view to growth of 21%-21.5% to $12.47-$12.52B vs. $12.53B consensus, a decrease from previously issued guidance of 21.5%-22% growth; excluding the impact of foreign currency, BDX continues to estimate that full-year revenues will increase 24.5%-25%, including accretion from the acquisition of CareFusion.
- For the quarter, BDX says its international revenue rose 2.5% Y/Y to $1.46B, while revenue grew 4.6% on a constant-currency basis; revenue in the U.S. rose 2.5% to $1.74B.
- Q2 sales rose 1.6% to $2.34B in the medical unit and gained 4.6% to $963M in the life sciences division.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:02 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:42 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 4:16 PM
- The FDA approves Roche Molecular Systems' (OTCQX:RHHBY) cobas HPV test for use with cervical cells obtained for a Pap test and collected in SurePath Preservative Fluid, the first test to be so approved. SurePath is one of two fluids commonly used for Pap tests.
- The cobas HPV Test with SurePath Preservation Fluid is approved for use with cervical cell samples obtained for a Pap test to screen women at least 30 years old to determine if additional follow-up and diagnostic procedures are needed. It is also approved for women at least 21 years old who already had an abnormal Pap test result in order to determine if follow-up is needed. It is not approved as a first-line HPV screening test.
- The Roche test can be performed on its cobas line of automated analyzers. SurePath is manufactured by Becton Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX).
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Tue, May 24, 4:16 PM
Thu, May 5, 10:45 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +1.6%) FQ2 results: Revenues: Revenues: $3,067M (+49.5%); R&D Expense: $182M (+41.1%); SG&A: $732M (+43.2%); Operating Income: $466M (+59.0%); Net Income: $338M (+56.5%); EPS: $1.56 (+44.4%); Non-GAAP EPS: $2.18 (+35.4%).
- Sales by Segment: BD MEDICAL: Medication and Procedural Solutions: $831M (+47.1%), Medication Management Solutions: $536M, Diabetes Care: $243M (-1.6%), Pharmaceutical Systems: $311M (+5.8%), Respiratory Solutions: $213M; Total BD MEDICAL: $2,131M (+92.7%); Total BD LIFE SCIENCES: $936M (-1.0%).
- FY2016 Guidance: Non-GAAP EPS: $8.50 - 8.57 from $8.37 - 8.44; GAAP EPS: $6.14 - 6.21.
Thu, May 5, 6:04 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Mon, Mar. 7, 7:50 AM
- The FDA approves Becton, Dickinson & Company's (NYSE:BDX) BD Totalys Multiprocessor and BD Totalys SlidePrep instruments. The full BD Totalys System, which includes the BD FocalPoint SlideProfier, automates slide preparation, imaging and review for use in cervical cancer screening.
- According to the company, its BD Totalys System, combined with its liquid-based Pap test, BD SurePath, delivers an improved automated process for cervical cancer screening compared to current methods.
Wed, Feb. 17, 10:41 AM
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX +0.5%) receives 510(k) clearance from the FDA for its BD Vacutainer UltraTouch Push Button Blood Collection Set. The product enables a more patient-friendly phlebotomy experience via the company's Comfort 5-bevel needle technology, which creates a thinner surface to more easily penetrate the skin, and its RightGauge technology, which increases the needle's inner diameter allowing for the use of a smaller gauge needle without sacrificing sample quality and blood flow.
Wed, Feb. 10, 7:55 AM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for Becton, Dickinson's (NYSE:BDX) BD FACSPresto System, an automated multicolor fluorescent imaging cytometer and absorbance spectrometer, and the BD FACSPresto CD4/Hb Cartridge, that provides absolute and percentage results for CD4 T lymphocytes and hemoglobin (Hb) concentration in whole blood samples to manage HIV/AIDS patients.
- The system uses a proprietary dried reagents cartridge that provides increased stability across a range of storage conditions. The lightweight system (13.23 lbs.) can process up to 80 tests in a normal workday. A single result can be generated in less than four minutes after incubating in the single-use disposable cartridge.
Thu, Feb. 4, 1:15 PM
- In a regulatory filing, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX -1.8%) reports that it has replaced its $1B credit credit agreement established in May 2012 with a new five-year credit deal that provides up to $1.5B of financing with a provision for an additional $500M subject to conditions. The arrangement includes a $100M letter of credit subfacility.
- Borrowings may used for general corporate purposes at prevailing interest rates and the company's credit ratings. The single financial covenant requires BDX to maintain a minimum interest coverage ratio of 5:1 for its most recent four consecutive fiscal quarters.
Wed, Feb. 3, 9:51 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX -1.8%) FQ1 results: Revenues: $2,986M (+45.6%); R&D Expense: $187M (+45.0%); SG&A: $748M (+37.5%); Operating Income: $352M (+0.9%); Net Income: $229M (-3.0%); EPS: $1.06 (-11.7%); Non-GAAP EPS: $1.96 (+28.1%).
- Sales by Segment: BD MEDICAL: Medication and Procedural Solutions: $848M (+41.1%), Medication Management Solutions: $550M, Diabetes Care: $256M (-2.7%), Pharmaceutical Systems: $197M (-5.3%), Respiratory Solutions: $209M; Total BD MEDICAL: $2,060M (+92.2%); Total BD LIFE SCIENCES: $933M (-4.7%).
- FY2016 Guidance: Non-GAAP EPS: $8.37 - 8.44; GAAP EPS: $6.23 - 6.30.