Jan. 16, 2015, 7:16 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Retractable Technologies (NYSEMKT:RVP) jumps 31% premarket after the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas rules against Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX) in its appeal of a September 2013 award of $113M to RVP, who accused BDX attempting to monopolize the safety syringe market.
- The Court's final judgement states that BDX attempted to monopolize the safety syringe market and committed false advertising under the Lanham Act. It awards RVP $340,524,042 plus $11,722,823.20 for attorneys fees plus pre- and post-judgment interest and costs and injunctive relief consistent with prior court orders. All other motions not previously resolved are denied.
Oct. 6, 2014, 9:16 AM| Oct. 6, 2014, 9:16 AM
Jan. 7, 2014, 9:58 AM
- BofA upgrades Perrigo (PRGO +1.2%) to Buy from Neutral. RBC starts the shares as a Top Pick, with a $187 price target.
- BofA upgrades Becton Dickinson (BDX +0.8%) to Neutral from Underperform.
- RBC upgrades Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +1.6%) to Outperform from Sector Perform. Price target is $104.
- Citi upgrades Varian Medical (VAR +1.6%) to Neutral from Sell.
- Roth starts ANI Pharma (ANIP +9.5%) at Buy. Price target is $27.
- RBC starts Teva (TEVA +0.1%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $39.
- RBC starts AcelRx (ACRX +2.5%) at Outperform. Price target is $15.
- RBC starts Mylan (MYL +2.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $50.
- RBC starts Allergan (AGN +1.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $131.
- RBC starts Impax Labs (IPXL +0.2%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $25.
Dec. 17, 2013, 8:30 AM
- Biodel (BIOD) jumps 14% in premarket trading.
- The company has inked a long-term supply deal with Becton, Dickinson (BDX) for exclusive rights to the BD Uniject SCF Disposable Auto-Disable Injection System.
- BIOD will leverage the device to serve the "glucagon rescue treatment market by replacing antiquated, difficult, and cumbersome multi-part kits with simple, convenient, portable therapies."
- In other words, the company is using the devices to deliver liquid glucagon for the treatment of hypoglycemia. (PR)
Sep. 20, 2013, 9:01 AM
- Make no mistake: It's a good day to be long Retractable Technologies (RVP).
- After a protracted legal battle, a jury returned a favorable verdict Thursday in litigation against Becton, Dickinson (BDX).
- RVP accused BDX of attempting to monopolize the safety syringe market.
- RVP is awarded $113.5M in compensatory damages. (PR)
- The market reaction: RVP +141% premarket
May 2, 2013, 12:07 PM
Becton Dickinson (BDX +2.9%) trades up after a solid FQ2 earnings beat this morning. Net earnings fell 5.3% Y/Y however as a new medical-device tax overshadowed better revenue. Medical unit revenue rose 4% to $1.06B. Revenue at the diagnostics unit increased 4.6%, and bio-sciences revenue was up 0.6%. The medical-device maker also raised its FY13 earnings by $0.03 to a range of $5.72 to $5.75 a share and backed its revenue growth projection of 3.5% - 4%.| May 2, 2013, 12:07 PM
Feb. 5, 2013, 12:33 PM
Becton Dickinson (BDX +2.8%) moves up after its FQ1 easily tops estimates. Net profit more than doubled on revenue growth across all segments, while margins widened to 52.9% from 50.8%. Sales in its U.S. markets grew by 3% Y/Y, and 4.3% internationally. Sales in its medical unit, the largest by revenue, rose 3.5%. For the current year, The company bumps up the bottom end of revenue guidance, now expecting revenue growth starting at 4% versus its prior view of 3.5%, and an EPS of between $5.69 and $5.72, up from its earlier view of $5.58 to $5.64.| Feb. 5, 2013, 12:33 PM
Nov. 7, 2012, 10:07 AM
More on Becton Dickinson (BDX -3.8%) FQ4: net profit -3.6% to $289M, with earnings hurt by weak revenue at its biosciences and medical ops, pension settlement charges, and forex fluctuations. U.S. sales +1.2%, international -2.6%, but +7.1% excluding currency impact. Gross margin falls to 50.9% from 51.2%. Expects FY revenue growth of 2%-3% and EPS from continuing ops of $5.58-$5.64 vs consensus of +3% and $5.80.| Nov. 7, 2012, 10:07 AM
Feb. 7, 2012, 10:35 AM
Becton Dickinson (BDX -3.6%) drifts lower after posting a lackluster FQ1 earnings report. Net profit fell 17% Y/Y on higher raw materials costs and expenses from recent acquisitions. The company also lowers its FY12 earnings forecast on flat revenue, reflecting the impact of a strengthening U.S. dollar. It now expects to earn between $5.60 - $5.70, below the Street view of $5.80.| Feb. 7, 2012, 10:35 AM
Feb. 7, 2012, 6:20 AMBecton Dickinson (BDX): FQ1 EPS of $1.21 beats by $0.04. Revenue of $1.88B (+2.5% Y/Y) in-line. Shares -3.7% premarket. (PR) | Feb. 7, 2012, 6:20 AM
Nov. 2, 2011, 9:00 AM
Premarket gainers: HGG +15%. MELA +11%. GRMN +10%. MGIC +9%. MA +7%. JDSU +6%. AUO +5%. CHU +5%. EXEL +5%. RENN +5%. RDN +5%. NBG +4%. HAL +4%. AKS +4%. BAC +4%. LNG +4%. PCS +3%. MS +3%. FCX +3%. SIRI +3%. S +3%. C +3%. AA +3%.| Nov. 2, 2011, 9:00 AM
Losers: DMND -16%. OPEN -13%. VG -12%. HGSI -7%. BDX -6%. LYG -5%. CTSH -4%.