Becton, Dickinson and CompanyNYSE
Mon, Dec. 5, 11:39 AM
- In a regulatory filing, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX -0.8%) reports that an appeals court overturned a September 2013 jury verdict of $113.5M awarded to Retractable Technologies (RVP -1.5%) in its attempted monopolization claim against the company, an award that would have been trebled under the antitrust statute.
- The court affirmed the judgement finding BDX liable under the Lanham Act and remanded it to the district court to consider if and how much of BDX's profit should be disgorged under the claim. The appeals court also vacated and remanded the injunction ordered by the district court.
- RVP accused BDX of attempting to monopolize the safety syringe market and committing false advertising under the Lanham Act.
Mon, Nov. 21, 4:46 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 10:16 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +2.7%) FQ4 results: Revenues: $3,231M (+5.6%); Operating Income: $96M (-67.6%); Net Income: $19M (-89.5%); EPS: $0.09 (-89.3%); Non-GAAP EPS: $2.12 (+9.3%).
- FY2016 results: Revenues: $12,483M (+21.4%); Operating Income: $1,430M (+33.1%); Net Income: $976M (+40.4%); EPS: $4.49 (+34.0%); Non-GAAP EPS: $8.59 (+20.0%).
- FY2017 Guidance: Revenue growth: Revenues to decrease 3.0% - 3.5%; Non-GAAP EPS: $9.45 - 9.55; Non-GAAP EPS on currency-neutral basis: $9.62 - 9.72; GAAP EPS: $7.23 - 7.33.
Thu, Nov. 3, 6:01 AM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AFSI, AGIO, AGU, AKRX, AMAG, AMCX, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, ARCB, ARW, AVP, BCE, BDX, BLL, CCC, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CHTR, CI, CLDT, CNSL, COMM, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CYBR, DDD, DNR, DW, ECA, EFOI, ENB, ENOC, EVA, FCPT, FI, FIG, FMSA, GEL, GEO, GIL, GLOG, GOGO, H, HAR, HFC, HHS, HII, HMHC, HRC, HSC, IBP, ICPT, INSY, IPCC, IQNT, IRWD, IT, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LDOS, LFUS, LINC, LNG, LXP, MFA, MGA, MITK, MITL, MPEL, MPG, MPW, MSGN, NERV, NGS, NNN, NXTM, OGE, ONCE, ONDK, PBH, PDCE, PGTI, PNW, PRFT, PWR, RDUS, RFP, RGEN, ROLL, RWLK, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SPGI, SQBG, STFC, STOR, TDY, TGI, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TVPT, TWI, TX, UNT, USCR, VGR, VWR, WILN, WPC, WRLD, ZEUS
Mon, Oct. 31, 7:21 AM
- The FDA approves Becton, Dickinson and Company's (NYSE:BDX) in vitro diagnostics assay for the diagnosis of vaginitis and vaginosis in women that exhibit symptoms of vaginal infections. It is the first multiplex real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay so authorized in the U.S.
- This is the second recent addition to the BD Reproductive and Sexually Transmitted Infections portfolio. Last month, the FDA approved the BD MAX CT/GC/TV assay which detects chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis from a single specimen with one test.
Thu, Aug. 4, 10:46 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX -4.2%) FQ3 results: Revenues: $3,198M (+2.5%); R&D Expense: $207M (+16.3%); SG&A: $728M (-3.1%); Operating Income: $516M (+276.6%); Net Income: $390M; EPS: $1.80; Non-GAAP EPS: $2.35 (+14.6%).
- FY2016 Guidance: Revenue growth: 21.0% - 21.5%; Non-GAAP EPS: $8.50 - 8.57; Non-GAAP EPS on currency-neutral basis: $9.08 - 9.15; GAAP EPS: $5.88 - 5.95.
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:59 AM
- Becton Dickinson (NYSE:BDX) -3.3% AH after reporting better than expected Q2 earnings on revenue that was essentially in-line with analyst consensus, but it cut its full-year revenue outlook, blaming foreign exchange challenges.
- BDX now sees FY 2016 of $8.50-$8.57 vs. $8.56 analyst consensus estimate, and cuts full-year revenue view to growth of 21%-21.5% to $12.47-$12.52B vs. $12.53B consensus, a decrease from previously issued guidance of 21.5%-22% growth; excluding the impact of foreign currency, BDX continues to estimate that full-year revenues will increase 24.5%-25%, including accretion from the acquisition of CareFusion.
- For the quarter, BDX says its international revenue rose 2.5% Y/Y to $1.46B, while revenue grew 4.6% on a constant-currency basis; revenue in the U.S. rose 2.5% to $1.74B.
- Q2 sales rose 1.6% to $2.34B in the medical unit and gained 4.6% to $963M in the life sciences division.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:02 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:42 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 4:16 PM
- The FDA approves Roche Molecular Systems' (OTCQX:RHHBY) cobas HPV test for use with cervical cells obtained for a Pap test and collected in SurePath Preservative Fluid, the first test to be so approved. SurePath is one of two fluids commonly used for Pap tests.
- The cobas HPV Test with SurePath Preservation Fluid is approved for use with cervical cell samples obtained for a Pap test to screen women at least 30 years old to determine if additional follow-up and diagnostic procedures are needed. It is also approved for women at least 21 years old who already had an abnormal Pap test result in order to determine if follow-up is needed. It is not approved as a first-line HPV screening test.
- The Roche test can be performed on its cobas line of automated analyzers. SurePath is manufactured by Becton Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX).
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Tue, May 24, 4:16 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (NYSE:BDX) declares $0.66/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.59%
- Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 9; ex-div June 7.
Thu, May 5, 10:45 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +1.6%) FQ2 results: Revenues: Revenues: $3,067M (+49.5%); R&D Expense: $182M (+41.1%); SG&A: $732M (+43.2%); Operating Income: $466M (+59.0%); Net Income: $338M (+56.5%); EPS: $1.56 (+44.4%); Non-GAAP EPS: $2.18 (+35.4%).
- Sales by Segment: BD MEDICAL: Medication and Procedural Solutions: $831M (+47.1%), Medication Management Solutions: $536M, Diabetes Care: $243M (-1.6%), Pharmaceutical Systems: $311M (+5.8%), Respiratory Solutions: $213M; Total BD MEDICAL: $2,131M (+92.7%); Total BD LIFE SCIENCES: $936M (-1.0%).
- FY2016 Guidance: Non-GAAP EPS: $8.50 - 8.57 from $8.37 - 8.44; GAAP EPS: $6.14 - 6.21.
Thu, May 5, 6:04 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (NYSE:BDX): FQ2 EPS of $2.18 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $3.07B (+49.8% Y/Y) in-line.