What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Apr. 24, 2014, 6:25 PM
- Under Armour (UA) and Navient (NAVIV) are added to the S&P 500 index, effective April 30.
- Out of the index are SLM Corp. (SLM), which is splitting into two companies - Navient, and a consumer banking operation that will continue under the Sallie Mae brand - and Beam (BEAM), which was acquired by Suntory Holdings.
- SLM moves for now to the S&P MidCap 400, ousting Alpha Natural Resources (ANR).
Apr. 22, 2014, 8:36 AM
Apr. 1, 2014, 7:57 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 8:06 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 11:28 AM
- SodaStream (SODA +3.8%) announces it will partner with Skinnygirl (BEAM) on a new lifestyle beverage brand.
- The new products are slated to be released during H2 of 2014.
- Shares of SodaStream have remained at an elevated level ever since Coca-Cola's investment in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters was announced.
Feb. 5, 2014, 10:48 AM
- Prohibition was repealed in the U.S. with the passage of the 21st Amendment to the Constitution, but some states are just catching up.
- A new report from the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States notes an accelerating pace of reversals by states on alcohol sales restrictions.
- Blue laws are fading across the U.S. in a development which is helping to boost Sunday sales for spirits sellers.
- Related stocks: DEO, BF.A, BF.B, BEAM, STZ.
Feb. 5, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Beam, Inc. (BEAM): Q4 EPS of $0.77 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $739.5M (+4.3% Y/Y) beats by $4.03M.
Feb. 3, 2014, 7:13 AM
Jan. 31, 2014, 11:32 AM| Jan. 31, 2014, 11:32 AM
Jan. 22, 2014, 4:43 PM
- Beam, Inc. (BEAM) declares $0.225/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.08%
- Payable March 3; for shareholders of record Feb. 6; ex-div Feb. 4.
Jan. 15, 2014, 9:37 AM
- Liberum thinks a consortium led by Diageo (DEO -1.6%) will come in with a bid to top the $16B Suntory (STBFY) is willing to pony up for Beam (BEAM).
- The interesting part of the equation for Diageo is that if it partners up it can end up only buying the strategic bourbon and tequila lines which would lead to significant synergies.
Jan. 14, 2014, 9:35 AM
- A mega-merger between Suntory and Beam (BEAM) would leave the global spirits industry with four major heavyweights controlling most of the premium brands.
- Analysts see the status quo remaining in place for a while, with M&A activity likely to cool off to include only smaller boutique sellers.
- The four majors: Diageo (DEO), Pernod (PDRDY), Suntory (STBFY) and Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B)
Jan. 13, 2014, 2:22 PM
- Analysts see the 25% premium that Suntory (STBFY) paid to acquire Beam (BEAM +24.3%) as a fair price that might limit any other bidders from jumping in.
- For Suntory, the deal is all about bourbon and striking a presence in the United States. After sitting with a market share of less than 1%, Suntory will suddenly be a major player in the U.S.
Jan. 13, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jan. 13, 2014, 9:12 AM
Jan. 13, 2014, 7:17 AM
Beam Inc is a spirits company that makes and sells branded distilled spirits products in major markets. The Company's segments are North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia-Pacific/South America.
Other News & PR