Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P.NYSE
Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P. - A Great Mix Of Growth And Dividends
Brian Langis • 45 Comments
Brian Langis • 45 Comments
Mon, Nov. 28, 7:38 AM
Thu, Nov. 3, 6:53 AM
Mon, Aug. 29, 7:05 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:45 PM
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (NYSE:BEP) says it considering a sale of its Ontario and Irish wind farm portfolios, as low interest rates create an attractive market for such assets.
- After building up its portfolio of wind farms in Canada over the past 10 years, BEP plans to test the market to see if it can get a premium for the assets, CEO Shachin Shah said during today's earnings conference call.
- Shah also says Brookfield also remains interested TerraForm Power (NASDAQ:TERP), while acknowledging that TERP's poison pill precludes the purchase of more shares for now.
- BEP posted a Q2 loss of $0.11/unit, down a $0.07 profit in the year-ago quarter, on lower power generation; funds from operations were flat Y/Y at $0.61/unit, below $0.67 analyst consensus estimate.
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:58 AM
Mon, Jun. 6, 7:06 PM
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (NYSE:BEP) -1.6% AH after saying it plans to issue 10.655M limited partner units on a bought-deal basis at C$37.55/unit, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 1.598M units.
- In addition, Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) and related entities say they will purchase ~11.1M BEP units concurrent with the offering; aggregate gross proceeds of the offering and concurrent private placement will total slightly more than C$800M.
- BEP says it plans to use the proceeds to pay down debt and for general corporate purposes; following the offering and concurrent private placement, BAM's interest in BEP will be ~61.4%.
Wed, May 4, 6:55 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q1 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $674M (+52.8% Y/Y) misses by $5.46M.
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:57 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q4 FFO of $0.32.
- Revenue of $392M (-3.9% Y/Y).
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:52 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q3 EPS of -$0.07 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $337M (-1.5% Y/Y) misses by $84.9M.
Oct. 14, 2015, 7:37 PM
- Canadian energy companies grow increasingly nervous as Canada’s Liberal Party appears to be moving ahead of the incumbent Conservative government in the final days of a tight race ahead of Monday’s national election.
- "A non-Conservative federal government would likely be viewed in a negative light given the NDP and Liberal parties’ policies on environmental legislation, regulatory oversight and export pipelines,” Canaccord analysts write.
- Among potential winners and losers, analysts say stricter emissions rules favored by the Liberals and NDP could hurt shares of companies such as Suncor (NYSE:SU) and Imperial Oil (NYSEMKT:IMO), while those that produce greener energy and could sell credits or avoid new taxes may benefit, such as Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP).
- Harper is the only candidate to favor all four pending major pipelines - TransCanada’s (NYSE:TRP) Keystone XL and Energy East, Enbridge’s (NYSE:ENB) Northern Gateway and Kinder Morgan’s (NYSE:KMI) Trans Mountain - and further delays could hit share prices.
- But more delays likely would mean higher crude-by-rail shipments, a potential benefit to Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI) and Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE:CP).
Oct. 8, 2015, 7:15 AM
- Talen Energy (NYSE:TLN) has agreed to sell three Pennsylvania power plants with a total combined generating capacity of 996 MW for $1.51B.
- The company's 704 MW Ironwood plant is being sold to a subsidiary of TransCanada (NYSE:TRP) for $654M, while its Holtwood and Lake Wallenpaupack hydroelectric projects (with a combined generating capacity of 292 MW) are being sold to a subsidiary of Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) for $860M.
- TLN +0.8% ; TRP -2.3% premarket
Aug. 6, 2015, 7:55 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q2 FFO of $0.53
- Revenue of $458M (-3.4% Y/Y) misses by $16.02M.
Jul. 13, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) says lower inflows in North America and South America are expected to result in hydroelectric generation of 5,101 GWh, 714 GWh (~12%) below the long-term average.
- BEP says it expects wind generation to come in below the long-term average in North America and in-line with LTA in both Europe and South America.
- BEP says its development activities and construction projects remain on scope, schedule and budget.
May 6, 2015, 7:38 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q1 FFO of $0.56 beats by $0.34.
- Revenue of $441M (-8.1% Y/Y) misses by $61.66M.
Feb. 6, 2015, 8:46 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) names Sachin Shah as President and COO and Nicholas Goodman as CFO.
- Shah has held a number of senior management positions at Brookfield Asset Management since joining the company, and joined BEP in 2011 as its CFO.
- Earlier: Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners FFO of $0.42.
Feb. 6, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q4 FFO of $0.42.
- Revenue of $408M (+3.8% Y/Y).