Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P. - A Great Mix Of Growth And Dividends
Brian Langis • 45 Comments
Brian Langis • 45 Comments
Mon, Jun. 6, 7:06 PM
- Brookfield Renewable Partners (NYSE:BEP) -1.6% AH after saying it plans to issue 10.655M limited partner units on a bought-deal basis at C$37.55/unit, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 1.598M units.
- In addition, Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE:BAM) and related entities say they will purchase ~11.1M BEP units concurrent with the offering; aggregate gross proceeds of the offering and concurrent private placement will total slightly more than C$800M.
- BEP says it plans to use the proceeds to pay down debt and for general corporate purposes; following the offering and concurrent private placement, BAM's interest in BEP will be ~61.4%.
Wed, May 4, 6:55 AM
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:57 AM
Nov. 3, 2015, 6:52 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q3 EPS of -$0.07 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $337M (-1.5% Y/Y) misses by $84.9M.
Oct. 14, 2015, 7:37 PM
- Canadian energy companies grow increasingly nervous as Canada’s Liberal Party appears to be moving ahead of the incumbent Conservative government in the final days of a tight race ahead of Monday’s national election.
- "A non-Conservative federal government would likely be viewed in a negative light given the NDP and Liberal parties’ policies on environmental legislation, regulatory oversight and export pipelines,” Canaccord analysts write.
- Among potential winners and losers, analysts say stricter emissions rules favored by the Liberals and NDP could hurt shares of companies such as Suncor (NYSE:SU) and Imperial Oil (NYSEMKT:IMO), while those that produce greener energy and could sell credits or avoid new taxes may benefit, such as Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP).
- Harper is the only candidate to favor all four pending major pipelines - TransCanada’s (NYSE:TRP) Keystone XL and Energy East, Enbridge’s (NYSE:ENB) Northern Gateway and Kinder Morgan’s (NYSE:KMI) Trans Mountain - and further delays could hit share prices.
- But more delays likely would mean higher crude-by-rail shipments, a potential benefit to Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI) and Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE:CP).
Oct. 8, 2015, 7:15 AM
- Talen Energy (NYSE:TLN) has agreed to sell three Pennsylvania power plants with a total combined generating capacity of 996 MW for $1.51B.
- The company's 704 MW Ironwood plant is being sold to a subsidiary of TransCanada (NYSE:TRP) for $654M, while its Holtwood and Lake Wallenpaupack hydroelectric projects (with a combined generating capacity of 292 MW) are being sold to a subsidiary of Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) for $860M.
- TLN +0.8% ; TRP -2.3% premarket
Aug. 6, 2015, 7:55 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q2 FFO of $0.53
- Revenue of $458M (-3.4% Y/Y) misses by $16.02M.
Jul. 13, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) says lower inflows in North America and South America are expected to result in hydroelectric generation of 5,101 GWh, 714 GWh (~12%) below the long-term average.
- BEP says it expects wind generation to come in below the long-term average in North America and in-line with LTA in both Europe and South America.
- BEP says its development activities and construction projects remain on scope, schedule and budget.
May 6, 2015, 7:38 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q1 FFO of $0.56 beats by $0.34.
- Revenue of $441M (-8.1% Y/Y) misses by $61.66M.
Feb. 6, 2015, 8:46 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) names Sachin Shah as President and COO and Nicholas Goodman as CFO.
- Shah has held a number of senior management positions at Brookfield Asset Management since joining the company, and joined BEP in 2011 as its CFO.
- Earlier: Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners FFO of $0.42.
Feb. 6, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q4 FFO of $0.42.
- Revenue of $408M (+3.8% Y/Y).
Feb. 6, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) declares $0.415/share quarterly dividend, 7.1% increase from prior dividend of $0.3875.
- Forward yield 5.33%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record Feb. 27; ex-div Feb. 25.
Nov. 20, 2014, 7:23 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) agrees to acquire a 488 MW multi-technology renewable portfolio in Brazil from Energisa for 1.4B reais ($545M).
- BEP will fund the transaction with its institutional partners and maintain an economic interest in the portfolio of ~40%.
Sep. 15, 2014, 8:26 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP) says it is increasing its distribution growth range to 5%-9% annually, up from 3%-5% previously, reflecting positive long-term fundamentals and strong organic growth prospects.
- BEP says it expects to achieve the new target while maintaining its target current payout ratio of 60%-70% of funds from operations.
Aug. 6, 2014, 8:10 AM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (NYSE:BEP): Q2 FFO of $0.74.
- Revenue of $474M (-2.1% Y/Y).
May 29, 2014, 6:03 PM
- Brookfield Renewable Energy (BEP) agrees to issue 10.25M units on a bought deal basis to a syndicate of underwriters at $31.70 each for total proceeds of ~$325M.
- The underwriters also are provided an over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional ~1,54M units.
- BEP intends to use the proceeds to repay debt and for general corporate purposes.
Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners LP owns, operates and develops renewable power generation facilities across North and South America. Its portfolio, primarily hydroelectric, totals over 6,707 megawatts of installed capacity and is diversified across 72 river systems and 13 power markets in... More
Industry: Diversified Utilities
Other News & PR