Brown-Forman: Earn 13.8% (Nearly) Risk Free
Ugly Duckling • 38 Comments
Ugly Duckling • 38 Comments
Wed, Jun. 8, 7:52 AM
Mon, Jun. 6, 5:09 AM
- Global alcohol makers are bracing for a potentially precedent-setting court decision in Scotland over whether the country will become the first to implement a floor on alcohol prices - a move the industry feels could unleash an international wave of regulation.
- After years of the case bouncing around the legal system, the Court of Session will hold a hearing on minimum unit pricing tomorrow and is expected to make a decision by August.
- Related tickers: BUD, DEO, ABEV, SAM, BORN, CCU, STZ, TAP, VCO, BF.A, BF.B
Thu, May 26, 4:47 PM
- Brown-Forman (NYSE:BF.A) declares $0.34/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.31%
- Payable July 1; for shareholders of record June 6; ex-div June 2.
- Additionally, Board approved a two-for-one stock split for all shares of Class A and Class B common stock to be paid in the form of a stock dividend. (subject to approval).
Wed, Apr. 27, 7:20 AM| Wed, Apr. 27, 7:20 AM | 2 Comments
Wed, Mar. 2, 10:59 AM
- Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B) trades lower after revenue came in a touch light for FQ3.
- The company continues to be hurt by a strong U.S. dollar and saw some weakness in certain emerging markets. Steady organic growth for the Jack Daniel's brand is a positive factor for Brown-Forman.
- EPS guidance came in at $3.32-$3.42 vs. $3.40-$3.60 prior and $3.43 consensus.
- Previously: Brown-Forman EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Mar. 02 2016)
- BF.B -2.78% TO $94.95. BF.A -3.25% to $103.16.
Wed, Mar. 2, 7:48 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:26 PM
Thu, Jan. 14, 9:16 AM| Thu, Jan. 14, 9:16 AM | 5 Comments
Dec. 4, 2015, 1:37 PM
- Investors are buying back into consumer staples and consumer discretionary names, while tip-toeing around major chains such as Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and Macy's. Some sin stocks are part of the rally.
- Lower oil prices, today's read on U.S. employment, and a few key earnings report have helped to increase confidence that consumers will spend more on low-priced items. Notable movers by category are below.
- Nondurable household products: Scott's Liquid Gold-Inc (OTCPK:SLGD +4.5%), Procter & Gamble (PG +2.5%), Church & Dwight (CHD +1.6%), Spectrum Brands (SPB +1.4%).
- Toys/Video games: Electronic Arts (EA +4.6%), Mattel (MAT +4.3%), Activision Blizzard (ATVI +3.2%).
- Tobacco: Reynolds America (RAI +3.1%), Altria (MO +2.5%).
- Beverages: Brown-Forman (NYSE:BF.A) +3.2%, Constellation Brands (STZ +2.8%), Coca-Cola (KO +2.3%), PepsiCo (PEP +2%).
- Footwear: Nike (NKE +2.6%), Skechers (SKX +1.9%), Wolverine Worldwide (WWW +2.2%).
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, IYC, FXD, FDIS, SCC, UCC, RCD, PMR, UGE, SZK, BITE
Dec. 2, 2015, 7:49 AM
- Brown-Forman (NYSE:BF.A): FQ2 EPS of $0.97 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.09B (-4.4% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Nov. 19, 2015, 12:18 PM
- Brown-Forman (NYSE:BF.A) declares $0.34/share quarterly dividend, 7.9% increase from prior dividend of $0.315.
- Forward yield 1.17%
- Payable Dec. 30; for shareholders of record Dec. 3; ex-div Dec. 1.
Oct. 7, 2015, 1:26 PM
- Lower gas prices in the U.S. continue to give a boost to some pockets of the retail sector. The benefit might be most dramatic with the so-called "sin" stocks.
- Tobacco stocks Reynolds American (RAI -0.5%) and Altria (MO +0.5%) have both outperformed the S&P 500 over the last year by a wide margin. Though there's a lot going on in the tobacco sector, stronger demand and solid pricing in the U.S. has been a factor. Cigarette sales in the U.S. are poised to show their first year-over-year annual gain since 2006. Shipments for the first half of the year actually rose, according to government data (Full report from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (.pdf)).
- Casino traffic has also been higher since gas started its tumble to as low as $2 per gallon in parts of the country. U.S-focused casino stocks have smashed the returns of their larger Macau-tainted peers. Isle of Capri (NASDAQ:ISLE) is +148% over the last 52 weeks, while Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) and Pinnacle Entertainment (NYSE:PNK) are both up over 40%. Most regional casino stocks are ahead of the broad market.
- Lower gas prices could also be a factor in the alcohol sector. Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) and Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B) have both cited strong sales in the U.S. off of improved demand trends that fell roughly in line with the drop in gas.
Sep. 29, 2015, 6:02 PM
- Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B) is exploring selling several liqueur brands, according to sources talking to Reuters. Southern Comfort and Chambord are likely assets in the mix.
- The company is said to have hired Goldman Sachs to help it seek bids which could total in the hundreds of millions.
- Brown-Forman has been steering toward a larger focus on whisky, including a push into Irish Whiskey.
- Previously: Brown-Forman begins Irish whiskey push (Sept. 29)
Sep. 29, 2015, 2:01 PM
Sep. 28, 2015, 11:00 AM
Aug. 26, 2015, 7:52 AM
- Brown-Forman (NYSE:BF.A): FQ1 EPS of $0.75 in-line.
- Revenue of $900M (-2.3% Y/Y) misses by $47.08M.
Brown-Forman Corp. engages in the production and marketing of consumer beverage alcohol brands. It primarily manufactures, bottles, imports, exports, markets and sells a wide variety of alcoholic beverages under recognized brands. Brown-Forman products include Champagne, Liqueur, Tequila, Vodka,... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Beverages - Wineries & Distillers
Country: United States
Other News & PR