Dec. 4, 2015, 12:57 PM
- Bunge (BG +0.8%) is in advanced talks to purchase a 40% stake in Brazilian soybean trader and processor Fiagril, and a deal could be closed in the next few days, Bloomberg reports, citing the Valor Economico newspaper.
- Fiagril moves ~2.5M tons/year of soybeans and corn, and has a storage capacity of 700K tons; it also owns a biodiesel plant with capacity to produce 53M gal/year and has a stake in a navigation company with terminals in the Amazon region.
Oct. 5, 2015, 10:30 AM
Apr. 15, 2015, 11:41 AM
- The Canadian unit of Bunge (BG +0.3%) and Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Co. say they have formed a joint venture to acquire a 50.1% stake in the Canadian Wheat Board for C$250M.
- The Canadian Wheat Board operates seven grain elevators in western Canada and port terminals in Thunder Bay, Ont., and Trois-Rivières, Que., and is building four other grain-handling facilities.
- BG’s export terminal in Quebec City and four elevators in Quebec also will be part of the transaction.
Aug. 5, 2013, 7:51 AM
- Glencore Xstrata (GLCNF.PK) agrees to sell Joe White Maltings, Australia’s biggest malt producer, to rival commodities trader Cargill for a reported ~A$420M ($373M).
- The deal underscores ongoing interest in Australian assets from firms such as Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) and Bunge (BG) that dominate the world’s trading of agricultural commodities.
- The unit had been acquired through Glencore’s $6.2B takeover of Canadian grain handler Viterra last year.
Dec. 7, 2012, 6:36 AM
Bunge (BG) is selling its Brazilian fertilizer business, including 22 blending facilities, brands and warehouses, to Norway's Yara (YARIY.PK) for $750M in cash. Bunge will continue to supply farmers with fertilizer, but the deal will allow it to focus on its agribusiness ops. (PR)| Dec. 7, 2012, 6:36 AM
Oct. 24, 2012, 6:00 AMDeutsche Bank (DB) has built up a 5.2% holding in GrainCorp, which is the subject of a $2.8B bid from Archer Daniels Midland (ADM). Given that Deutsche has been buying shares since June, the likelihood is that the move is for investment purposes rather than on behalf of a rival suitor. Still, observers expect a bidding war for GrainCorp, with Bunge and Cargill named in dispatches. | Oct. 24, 2012, 6:00 AM
May 1, 2012, 9:17 AM
Mar. 15, 2012, 10:48 AMViterra (VTRAF.PK) moves up 9% in Toronto before a trading halt screeches the advance to a stop. Potential acquirers for the company will have to offer at least $16.13 a share to get a chance to access the firm's data, according to dealReporter. Bidders include Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Noble Group, Bunge (BG), and Glencore (GLFCNF.PK). | Mar. 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mar. 7, 2012, 2:41 AM
Bunge (BG) and Glencore (GLCNF.PK) are reportedly among the companies that have expressed interest in the possible sale of U.S. energy and grains trader Gavilon Group. Privately-held Gavilon began exploring fundraising options in January, with bids due soon for a potential sale that could be worth up to $5B.| Mar. 7, 2012, 2:41 AM