Is Briggs & Stratton The Comeback Kid?
Short-Term Opportunity In Briggs & Stratton
Thu, Aug. 18, 12:47 PM
Thu, Aug. 18, 9:17 AM
Wed, Aug. 17, 5:36 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 4:35 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 1:11 PM
Tue, Aug. 16, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:44 PM
Thu, Apr. 21, 1:13 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 22, 10:36 AM
- Investors are placing some bets on select winter storm stocks as the East Coast preps for a snow pummeling.
- Home Depot (HD +3%) and Lowe's (LOW +1.9%) continue to pick up steam after solid sessions yesterday.
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) is up 5.2% as investors bet on higher demand for generators and snowblowers. Peer Toro (NYSE:TTC) is 3.6% higher.
- Arctic Cat (NASDAQ:ACAT) is up 13% since mid-Wednesday as snowmobiles enter the conversation again after a mild start to the winter in the U.S.
- Winter apparel sellers Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) and Black Diamond (NASDAQ:BDE) are both up around 4%.
Wed, Jan. 20, 5:20 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ2 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $413.38M (-7.0% Y/Y) misses by $21.78M.
Wed, Jan. 20, 10:37 AM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) declares $0.135/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.4%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 17; ex-div March 15.
Tue, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ1 EPS of -$0.35 in-line.
- Revenue of $289M (-1.2% Y/Y) beats by $4.25M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Briggs & Stratton Corp. engages in the design, manufacture, and distribution of air cooled gasoline engines and engine powered outdoor equipment. It operates through the Engines and Products segments. The Engines segment manufactures four-cycle aluminum alloy gasoline engines which are used in... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Diversified Machinery
Country: United States