Is Briggs & Stratton The Comeback Kid?
Short-Term Opportunity In Briggs & Stratton
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:44 PM
Thu, Apr. 21, 1:13 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 22, 10:36 AM
- Investors are placing some bets on select winter storm stocks as the East Coast preps for a snow pummeling.
- Home Depot (HD +3%) and Lowe's (LOW +1.9%) continue to pick up steam after solid sessions yesterday.
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) is up 5.2% as investors bet on higher demand for generators and snowblowers. Peer Toro (NYSE:TTC) is 3.6% higher.
- Arctic Cat (NASDAQ:ACAT) is up 13% since mid-Wednesday as snowmobiles enter the conversation again after a mild start to the winter in the U.S.
- Winter apparel sellers Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) and Black Diamond (NASDAQ:BDE) are both up around 4%.
Wed, Jan. 20, 5:20 PM
Wed, Jan. 20, 10:37 AM
Tue, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ1 EPS of -$0.35 in-line.
- Revenue of $289M (-1.2% Y/Y) beats by $4.25M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Oct. 28, 2015, 3:31 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) declares $0.135/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.65%
- Payable Dec. 31; for shareholders of record Dec. 17; ex-div Dec. 15.
Aug. 12, 2015, 11:23 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ4 EPS of $0.51 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $539M (+8.5% Y/Y) beats by $5.1M.
- Shares +5.1% AH.
Aug. 12, 2015, 1:02 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) declares $0.14/share quarterly dividend, 8% increase from prior dividend of $0.13.
- Forward yield 2.95%
- Payable Sept. 30; for shareholders of record Sept. 17; ex-div Sept. 15.
Aug. 11, 2015, 5:35 PM
Apr. 23, 2015, 5:50 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ3 EPS of $0.86 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $619M (-1.5% Y/Y) misses by $36.03M.
Apr. 23, 2015, 11:11 AM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.43%
- Payable June 26; for shareholders of record June 12; ex-div June 10.
Briggs & Stratton Corp. engages in the design, manufacture, and distribution of air cooled gasoline engines and engine powered outdoor equipment. It operates through the Engines and Products segments. The Engines segment manufactures four-cycle aluminum alloy gasoline engines which are used in... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Diversified Machinery
Country: United States
Other News & PR