Fri, Jan. 22, 10:36 AM
- Investors are placing some bets on select winter storm stocks as the East Coast preps for a snow pummeling.
- Home Depot (HD +3%) and Lowe's (LOW +1.9%) continue to pick up steam after solid sessions yesterday.
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) is up 5.2% as investors bet on higher demand for generators and snowblowers. Peer Toro (NYSE:TTC) is 3.6% higher.
- Arctic Cat (NASDAQ:ACAT) is up 13% since mid-Wednesday as snowmobiles enter the conversation again after a mild start to the winter in the U.S.
- Winter apparel sellers Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) and Black Diamond (NASDAQ:BDE) are both up around 4%.
Aug. 12, 2015, 11:23 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ4 EPS of $0.51 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $539M (+8.5% Y/Y) beats by $5.1M.
- Shares +5.1% AH.
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:54 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ1 EPS of -$0.21 beats by $0.17.
- Revenue of $292.62M (-7.8% Y/Y) misses by $24.18M.
- Shares +2.3% AH.
Aug. 15, 2013, 3:05 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (BGG -2.9%) slips today after beating Q2 expectations but guiding its FY14 to the low end of EPS estimates.
- For FY14, it sees net income per share between $1.04 to $1.28.
- Sales are seen between $1.88 billion to $2.03 billion.
- The Street was targeting an FY14 EPS of $1.23 on sales of $1.95B.
- Separately, Raymond James downgrades the shares from Outperform to Market Perform on the back of the report.
Apr. 19, 2013, 9:02 AMBriggs & Stratton (BGG): Q1 EPS of $0.89 misses by $0.15. Revenue of $637.3M misses by $70.37M. Shares -7.5% premarket. (PR) | Apr. 19, 2013, 9:02 AM
Dec. 7, 2012, 9:12 AM
Briggs & Stratton (BGG) is off to the races, moving up 17.5% premarket to hit $23.75 a share. While the company has been the subject of M&A chatter, today's dramatic move isn't tied to any official news.| Dec. 7, 2012, 9:12 AM | 2 Comments
Oct. 18, 2012, 8:44 AMBriggs & Stratton (BGG): FQ1 EPS of -$0.28 misses by $0.10. Revenue of $309M (-22.2% Y/Y) misses by $3M. Shares -1.3% premarket. (PR) | Oct. 18, 2012, 8:44 AM
Aug. 9, 2012, 11:16 AM
Briggs & Stratton (BGG -3.8%) falls after racking up a Q2 earnings miss and cutting FY13 guidance earlier today. The company now expects its EPS to fall into a range of $1.25 to $1.55, down from consensus estimates of $1.56. CEO Todd Teske blames it on the ongoing U.S. drought, saying it "more than offset the favorable growing conditions present in the early spring," adding that consumer sentiment in North America and Europe remains very cautious.| Aug. 9, 2012, 11:16 AM
Jan. 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
Briggs & Stratton (BGG -8.5%) trades lower after the firm announces that it will consolidate production with plant closings and lowers its full-year EPS guidance to $0.55-$0.81 from a prior range of $1.15-$1.35.| Jan. 26, 2012, 10:47 AM | 1 Comment
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
Briggs & Stratton (BGG -14.7%) takes a hit after its FQ4 swings to a loss on lower sales and an impairment charge. Gross profit fell on a 4.7% dip in engine sales, and poor weather conditions contributed to a 13% decline in shipment volumes. The company lowers FY12 EPS guidance to a range of $1.05 to $1.25, far below analysts' estimates of $1.52.| Aug. 11, 2011, 10:28 AM