Thu, Aug. 18, 12:47 PM
Thu, Aug. 18, 9:17 AM
Wed, Aug. 17, 5:36 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 4:35 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 1:11 PM
Tue, Aug. 16, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Thu, Apr. 21, 4:44 PM
Thu, Apr. 21, 1:13 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 22, 10:36 AM
- Investors are placing some bets on select winter storm stocks as the East Coast preps for a snow pummeling.
- Home Depot (HD +3%) and Lowe's (LOW +1.9%) continue to pick up steam after solid sessions yesterday.
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) is up 5.2% as investors bet on higher demand for generators and snowblowers. Peer Toro (NYSE:TTC) is 3.6% higher.
- Arctic Cat (NASDAQ:ACAT) is up 13% since mid-Wednesday as snowmobiles enter the conversation again after a mild start to the winter in the U.S.
- Winter apparel sellers Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) and Black Diamond (NASDAQ:BDE) are both up around 4%.
Wed, Jan. 20, 5:20 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ2 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $413.38M (-7.0% Y/Y) misses by $21.78M.
Wed, Jan. 20, 10:37 AM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG) declares $0.135/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.4%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 17; ex-div March 15.
Tue, Jan. 19, 5:35 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE:BGG): FQ1 EPS of -$0.35 in-line.
- Revenue of $289M (-1.2% Y/Y) beats by $4.25M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW