Bio-Rad Built For Consistency, Not Short-Term Out-Performance
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, May 5, 4:54 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:41 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Mon, Jan. 11, 4:00 PM
- Bio-Rad (BIO -0.1%) and Illumina (ILMN +0.3%) enter into an exclusive partnership to develop the most comprehensive next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflow for single-cell analysis. The end-to-end commercial system will enable high throughput sequencing of thousands of individual cells, historically a time-consuming, costly and laborious process.
- Single-cell gene expression data provide much better cell function, disease progression and therapeutic response information than studies performed on bulk tissue samples with which gene expression data are averaged across cells due to the presence of multiple cell types with different functions. In neurological tissues, for example, there are hundreds of specialized cell types so being able to isolate them for genetic analysis would be of profound interest to drug developers as well as researchers.
- The companies expect to launch the system no later than early 2017.
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (NYSE:BIO): Q3 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $469.96M (-11.4% Y/Y) misses by $25.59M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:25 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (NYSE:BIO): Q2 EPS of $0.97 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $506.10M (-5.7% Y/Y) beats by $11.25M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALNY, AMBR, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANAD, ANET, ASEI, ASYS, ATHX, BBG, BEAT, BIO, BITA, BOJA, BRKS, BRS, CECO, CENX, CERS, CLVS, CPST, CSOD, CUB, CUBE, CVT, CYTX, DIOD, DMD, DRYS, EAC, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, EGY, ELON, EOG, ERII, ESPR, EVC, FLDM, FLTX, FPRX, FXCM, FXEN, GALE, GEOS, GNMK, GSBD, GXP, HNSN, HTGC, HUBS, IMI, IMPV, INWK, IRG, JMBA, KTOS, LGF, MAIN, MDVN, MHK, MNST, NDLS, NEWR, NFG, NPTN, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, ORIG, OSTK, OUT, PACD, PETX, PLNR, PODD, POST, PRO, RBA, RBCN, RIGP, RJET, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SFM, SHO, SKUL, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TRXC, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, VRNS, VSAT, WAIR, WIFI, WING, XOMA, XOXO, ZNGA
Jul. 23, 2015, 3:27 PM
- The FDA approves Bio-Rad's (BIO -0.2%) BioPlex 2200 HIV Ag-Ab assay, a diagnostic test that differentiates between HIV-1 antibodies, HIV-2 antibodies and HIV-1 p24 antigen. It is the only approved test that can identify both established HIV infection (antibodies present) and acute HIV infection (antigen is present in serum/plasma before the appearance of antibodies).
- The test is intended for use on the company's BioPlex 2200 System.
Jul. 2, 2015, 4:07 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for privately-held Theranos' diagnostic testing system and its test for herpes simplex 1 IgG, the 153rd test that the company provides for less than $10 in its service offering. The automated system the company has developed utilizes microfluidics to perform a wide array of tests on small volume blood samples, including those from a finger stick. Some observers believe Theranos will upend the clinical diagnostics industry with its modest costs. The herpes test, for example, will sell for only $9.07 compared to ~$175 from leading reference labs.
- Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes is one the newest celebrity entrepreneurs. Based on the company's current valuation, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in U.S. history.
- Some diagnostics-related tickers: (NYSE:ABT) (OTCQX:RHHBY) (NASDAQ:QDEL) (NYSE:BIO) (NASDAQ:QGEN) (NASDAQ:CPHD) (NASDAQ:CEMI) (NASDAQ:TRIB) (NASDAQ:AXDX) (NASDAQ:CBMX) (NYSE:TMO)
Jun. 9, 2015, 8:55 PM
- GE's $12B deal to sell its U.S. private-equity lending business to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is just the beginning of its plan to shed ~$200B of GE Capital assets - and a whole lot of cash to spend on takeovers.
- Although GE may not make a move right away as it tries to complete the $14B purchase of most of Alstom’s energy business, Bloomberg figures it could amass a $40B war chest for takeovers.
- Among speculated targets: Pentair (NYSE:PNR), a provider of water pumps and filtration systems; Flowserve (NYSE:FLS), a maker of industrial pumps and valves; electrical components manufacturer Hubbell (HUB.A, HUB.B); life sciences equipment maker Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO); and some of the assets Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) and Baker Hughes (NYSE:BHI) will divest as part of their merger.
- Whatever the target, acquisitions likely will be part of GE’s transformation after asset sales and returning capital to shareholders.
Jun. 9, 2015, 5:07 PM
- The FDA approves Bio-Rad Laboratories' (NYSE:BIO) VARIANT II TURBO HbA1c Kit - 2.0 for use as an aid in diagnosing diabetes and identifying people who may be at risk for developing diabetes. The test delivers precise measurement of A1c with hemoglobin variant detection, which helps identify patients with abnormal hemoglobin.
- VARIANT II is a benchtop automated laboratory analyzer.
May 5, 2015, 4:41 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (NYSE:BIO): Q1 EPS of $0.61 beats by $0.28.
- Revenue of $472.8M (-7.2% Y/Y) misses by $1.68M.
May 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AGU, AIZ, ALL, AMRS, AMSG, ANAD, ANDE, ARC, ATSG, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BRDR, CENT, CERS, CLUB, COUP, CRAY, CSU, CTL, CVG, CYH, DK, DKL, DLR, DTLK, DVN, EA, ENPH, EXAM, FISV, FOSL, FTR, GCA, GHDX, GMED, GNMK, GPOR, GRPN, HK, HLF, HRZN, IAG, ICUI, IGTE, IRWD, JIVE, KAR, KGC, KONA, LC, MHLD, MM, MYGN, MYL, NDLS, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OUT, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PBPB, PKD, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, RUBI, SBRA, SCTY, SKUL, SLF, SM, SPA, SUPN, TEG, TMH, TNET, TRNX, TSRA, TTGT, USNA, VVUS, WAGE, WES, WGP, WR, WSR, WSTC, WTR, WTW, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZLTQ, ZU
Feb. 26, 2015, 5:00 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (NYSE:BIO): Q4 EPS of $1.34 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $598.22M (-0.7% Y/Y) beats by $4.81M.
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. engages in the development and production of specialty chemicals used in biochemical, pharmaceutical and other life science research applications. It operates through the Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics segments. The Life Science segment is at the forefront of... More
Industry: Scientific & Technical Instruments
Country: United States
Other News & PR