Bio-Rad Built For Consistency, Not Short-Term Out-Performance
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ADSK, AEGR, AHT, AIRM, AL, APEI, ARUN, AVD, BCEI, BIO, BLOX, CERS, CLNE, CROX, CSU, CUBE, DGI, ECOL, ECPG, ENOC, ENV, EVC, EVHC, GPS, HLF, HPTX, IM, IMMR, JCP, KBR, KND, LYV, MAIN, MDRX, MENT, MITT, MNST, MTZ, MVNR, NMBL, NOG, NVAX, OLED, OUT, OVTI, PE, PEGA, PFMT, PKT, PODD, PSIX, RBA, RMTI, ROST, RP, RPTP, RRMS, SB, SBAC, SEMG, SGM, SPLK, SRC, SREV, SWN, SZYM, TPC, TUBE, TUMI, TWOU, UHS, UIL, UNXL, VGR, WIFI, WTR, WTW
Nov. 4, 2014, 4:43 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (NYSE:BIO): Q3 EPS of $0.39 misses by $0.47.
- Revenue of $530.6M (+5.1% Y/Y) beats by $5.21M.
Nov. 4, 2014, 7:46 AM
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO) settles the previously disclosed investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission into past violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) that occurred from 2005 - 2010 in Vietnam, Thailand and Russia. The company discovered the violations itself and voluntarily reported them to authorities in May 2010.
- In light of the firm's extensive cooperation with investigators, the DOJ declined to prosecute. Under the terms of the Non-Prosecution Agreement, Bio-Rad agreed to pay a penalty of $14.35M. Under the terms of the civil settlement with the SEC, the company will pay $40.7M in disgorgement and prejudgment interest. It has also agreed to certain future reporting, compliance and self-monitoring provisions over the next two years.
- Bio-Rad had previously reserved $43M for the settlement plus an additional $12.05M in Q3.
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADEP, AMRS, ATVI, AWAY, AXLL, BIO, BIOL, BIRT, CALD, CBSO, CDXS, CERS, CHUY, CKEC, COHR, CORT, COUP, CRTO, CSU, DOX, DVN, ENPH, EXAM, EXEL, FANG, FEYE, FOXA, FRGI, GAS, GHDX, HR, ITRI, IVR, JAZZ, JIVE, JKHY, JMBA, KAR, MITT, MOSY, MPO, MYGN, NP, NRP, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PACD, PAYC, PBPB, PCYC, PEGA, PHH, PRI, PXD, PZZA, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, SBAC, SN, SPA, SQNM, TMH, TNET, TRIP, TTGT, TWO, TWOU, TX, UIL, WPX, XEC, XNPT, ZAGG, ZU
Oct. 9, 2014, 7:00 AM
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO) will report Q3 results on November 4 after the close. The conference call will begin at 2:00 pm PT/5:00 pm ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.86 on revenues of $525M.
Oct. 1, 2014, 6:06 PM
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (BIO +0.8%) Clinical Diagnostics Group President John Goetz promoted to COO responsible for the global operations of the business including Clinical Diagnostics and Life Science. Global ERP head John Hertia succeeds him as President of Clinical Diagnostics.
- Ms. Shannon Hall promoted to EVP and President of Life Sciences from her former position of VP and GM of the Lab Separations Division of Life Sciences.
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:10 PM
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (BIO +0.6%) Q2 results: Net Sales: $536.8M (+2.2%); Gross Profit: $297.2M (-2.6%); Operating Income: $45.7M (-13.6%); Net Income: $31.6M (-8.7%); EPS: $1.09 (-9.2%); Quick Assets: $647.6M; CF Ops: $149.8M (+242.0%).
- No guidance given.
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:22 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (NYSE:BIO): Q2 EPS of $1.09 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $536.8M (+2.2% Y/Y) misses by $0.78M.
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AMTG, APEI, ARC, ATSG, ATVI, AVNR, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BKH, BMR, CHUY, CLR, CRTO, CSU, DAVE, DIS, DPM, DRYS, ENPH, EOG, FANG, FEYE, FRGI, FSLR, FTR, FUEL, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HGR, HT, ITRI, JAZZ, JCOM, KAR, LBTYA, MCHX, MITT, MODN, MPO, MRCY, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OKE, OKS, ORA, ORIG, PBPB, PEGA, PNNT, PRAA, PZZA, QUAD, REXX, RLD, RST, RSYS, SGMS, SGY, SKT, SMCI, TDW, TMHC, TPC, TRMB, TTWO, UNTD, WBMD, WES, WGP, WMGI, WTR, XEC, Z, ZAGG, ZGNX
May 6, 2014, 5:13 PM
May 6, 2014, 4:29 PM
- Bio-Rad Labs (BIO): Q1 EPS of $0.23 misses by $0.57.
- Revenue of $509.3M (+1.9% Y/Y) misses by $5.7M.
May 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGU, ALL, AMTG, ARC, ARRS, ATVI, AVNR, AVNW, AWR, BEAT, BID, BIO, CENT, CHUY, CNVR, CODE, CPT, CSU, CYH, CYNI, DDR, DIS, DLR, DPM, DTLK, EA, EGAN, ENPH, ETE, ETP, EXTR, FEYE, FMC, FNGN, FRGI, FSLR, FST, FTR, GALE, GHDX, GNC, GNMK, GRPN, IAG, ICUI, IMI, JIVE, LBTYA, LGCY, LLNW, LYV, MCHP, MITT, MOVE, MPO, MRO, MTDR, MYGN, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PBPB, PEGA, PSEC, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QUAD, RDN, REGI, RGP, RLOC, RP, SAAS, SAPE, SGMO, SPA, SSNI, SXL, THOR, THRX, TRIP, TRMB, TRMR, TSRA, WES, WFM, WTI, ZAGG, ZU.
Apr. 11, 2014, 7:09 AM
Feb. 27, 2014, 4:21 PM
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (BIO): Q4 EPS of $1.04 misses by $0.38.
- Revenue of $602.6M (+5.0% Y/Y) beats by $15.93M.
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:10 AM
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. engages in the development and production of specialty chemicals used in biochemical, pharmaceutical and other life science research applications. It operates through the Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics segments. The Life Science segment is at the forefront of... More
Industry: Scientific & Technical Instruments
Country: United States
Other News & PR