BioFuel Energy Corp.NASDAQ
Oct. 28, 2014, 3:20 PM
- BioFuel Energy (NASDAQ:BIOF) is now Green Brick Partners, and the former ethanol producer is now a homebuilding company, after completing its previously announced acquisition of the equity interests of JBGL Builder Finance from affiliates of Greenlight Capital and James Brickman.
- Green Brick's common stock began trading today under the symbol GRBK.
- Also in connection with the closing, David Einhorn was appointed Chairman and James Brickman was named CEO.
Oct. 17, 2014, 12:52 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 9:20 AM
Aug. 27, 2014, 2:41 PM
- Rex American Resources (REX +12.8%) reaches new all-time highs after posting strong beats in Q2 earnings and revenues, as the company credits favorable market dynamics combined with the efficiency of its plants for leading to record Q2 net income.
- Says cash rose 45% from year-end 2013 to ~$152M, plant-level debt fell 18% to ~$62M, and debt-to-capital ratio was 16% from 21% as of Jan. 31.
- The upside Rex results appear to be boosting biofuel and ethanol related names: PEIX +5.6%, BIOF +4.9%, GPRE +2.6%, REGI +1.8%, ADM +1%.
Jul. 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jul. 16, 2014, 12:37 PM
Jul. 16, 2014, 10:23 AM
Jul. 3, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Biofuel Energy (BIOF +5.5%) says it received a favorable listing determination from Nasdaq, provided that it closes the previously announced acquisition of the equity interests of JBGL Builder Finance by Nov. 4 and that the resulting combined company satisfies all requirements for initial listing.
- BIOF announced three weeks ago it would acquire JBGL from affiliates of Greenlight Capital and James Brickman for $275M in cash and stock.
Jun. 18, 2014, 11:31 AM
- Pacific Ethanol (PEIX +1.7%) ticks higher after the American Petroleum Institute express concern that the EPA may raise ethanol requirements from its 2014 proposal.
- "Almost half of 2014 is behind us, yet EPA still hasn't finalized the ethanol requirements for this year," API says. "As the process continues to grind along, we are also concerned that EPA will raise ethanol requirements from its 2014 proposal, based on the specious reasoning that E85 - a mixture of up to 85 percent ethanol with 15 percent gasoline - is a workable solution. It is not."
- Other relevant names are all lower: GPRE -1%, REGI -1.4%, BIOF -1.3%, REX -0.1%, ANDE -0.3%, ADM -1.1%.
Jun. 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jun. 11, 2014, 8:44 AM
- BioFuel Energy (BIOF) +23.1% premarket after agreeing to acquire JBGL Builder Finance from affiliates of Greenlight Capital and James Brickman for $275M in cash and stock.
- The cash portion of the deal will be funded from the proceeds of a $70M rights offering and ~$150M in debt financing provided to BIOF by Greenlight.
- JBGL is a series of real estate entities involved in the purchase and development of land for residential purposes, construction lending and home building operations.
May 13, 2014, 9:15 AM
May 12, 2014, 6:22 PM
- BioFuel Energy (BIOF) -17.5% AH after disclosing in an 8-K filing that its shares are in danger of being delisted from the Nasdaq exchange.
- BIOF says in the filing it received a letter from Nasdaq's listing qualifications staff calling the company a "public shell," and that buyers of its stock can't know definitively what the operating business of the company will be in the future.
- The letter says BIOF shares will be suspended and removed from the exchange unless BIOF requests an appeal, which the company says it will do.
May 7, 2014, 11:36 AM
- Amyris (AMRS -7.1%) falls sharply for a second straight day after StreetSweeper writes that the maker of renewable fuel compounds faces rough times ahead, citing "onerous deals, SEC filings and extreme insider selling."
- The pessimistic view comes ahead of Thursday's earnings report after the company reported worse-than-expected earnings numbers over each of the past five quarters.
- Combined with disappointing Q1 earnings from Renewable Energy Group (REGI -5.3%), several biofuel names are trading lower: CDTI -8.5%, SZYM -7.3%, KIOR -6.4%, SYNM -4.3%, BIOF -2%, FF -1.5%.
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM