Mar. 19, 2015, 11:45 AM
- In a report published by EP Vantage (the editorial arm of market intelligence firm Evaluate), 2014 was the year of biotech. Highlights include:
- $212B in M&A transactions, eclipsing 2009's $152B; 87 IPOs that raised $6.3B (almost double the floats done in 2013 and more than 2x money raised); $6.5B in venture funding (+33%).
- FDA approved a record 50 new drugs.
- So far in 2015, ~$3B has been raised through secondary offerings.
- ETFs: IBB, BIB, IRY, BIS, IXJ, DRGS
Nov. 21, 2014, 11:46 AM
- CB Pharma Acquisition Corp. (CNLMU) files for an IPO of 4M units priced at $10 per unit. Each unit consists of one share of common stock, one right to purchase 1/10 of a share of common stock on the consummation of an initial business combination and one warrant to purchase 1/2 of one share of common stock at a full-share price of $11.50.
- The firm is a blank check company formed by Coronado Biosciences (CNDO +0.5%). It will seek business combinations via mergers, share exchanges, asset acquisitions, share purchases, recapitalizations or reorganizations.
- It has 18 months from the consummation of this offering to complete its initial business combination (up to 21 months in certain circumstances) or it will liquidate the trust account, distribute the proceeds to shareholders and dissolve.
- Per NASDAQ listing rules, the target business for the initial combination must have a fair market value equal to at least 80% of the value of the trust account.
- ETFs: IBB, BIB, IRY, BIS, IXJ, DRGS (NYSEARCA:IPO)
Jul. 7, 2014, 1:32 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:14 PM
- The Health Care M&A Report tallies Q1 2014 deal volume of 239 transactions valued at $49.6B. The number of deals for Q4 2013 and Q1 2013 were 278 and 212, respectively. The $49.6B total value was up 11% versus Q4 and up 217% versus Q1.
- The most deals were consummated in long-term care (60), pharmaceuticals (33), biotech (26) and devices (25).
- Healthcare ETFs: IYH, IBB, XLV, XBI, VHT, BIB, PJP, BBH, FBT, PBE, XPH, CURE, FXH, IHE, RXL, IRY, IXJ, PPH, IHI, BIS, IHF, FHLC, XHS, PSCH, RYH, XHE, PTH, DRGS, RXD