What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 17, 2015, 9:38 AM
- In addition to picking up stakes in mortgage REITs American Capital Agency and Annaly Capital in Q3, Soros Fund Management discloses new stakes in equity REITs AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB), Boston Properties (NYSE:BXP), Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD), Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR), Essex Property Trust (NYSE:ESS), Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT), Ventas (NYSE:VTR), and Welltower (NYSE:HCN).
- Together the equity REIT stakes add up to about $80M vs. the office's $10B+ in AUM.
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, RQI, SCHH, ICF, SRS, RWR, RNP, JRS, KBWY, RFI, NRO, DRV, RIT, REK, RIF, FRI, FTY, PSR, DRA, FREL, WREI, IARAX, LRET, XLRE
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:46 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD): Q3 FFO of $0.59 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.24B (+14.8% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Nov. 2, 2015, 7:10 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD) +15.3% AH after announcing additions to its C-suite: Labeed Diab will join the company as COO on Nov. 16 and Lucinda Baier will start as the new CFO on Dec. 1.
- Diab most recently served as president of health and wellness for Walmart's U.S. division, while Baier joins BKD from Navigant Consulting.
- Mark Ohlendorf will step down as CFO and remain as president.
Oct. 8, 2015, 10:46 AM
Aug. 11, 2015, 8:20 AM
- The occupancy rate for all senior housing in 31 major markets fell this spring for the second consecutive quarter, reports Liam Pleven in the WSJ, and Dallas, Atlanta, and Chicago are among the cities where the number of new assisted-living units under construction represent more than 10% of the current inventory.
- For the 31 major markets in total the figure is 6.4%; about four years ago it was just 3.4%.
- "Everybody's thinking about these 10K baby boomers turning 65 every day," says one senior living executive, but that doesn't mean they're ready right away to move into senior communities. Alongside trouble finding renters - occupancy of 88.4% in Q2 was down 20 basis points from Q1 and 30 bps from a year ago - attempting to raise rents can also be an issue.
- Among names of interest: Health Care REIT (NYSE:HCN), HCP, Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD), Ventas (NYSE:VTR), New Senior (NYSE:SNR), Senior Housing Properties (NYSE:SNH), LTC Properties (NYSE:LTC).
Aug. 4, 2015, 9:55 AM
- "Our near-term operating performance was below our expectations," says Brookdale (BKD -7%) CEO Andy Smith after the company missed Q2 estimates. He notes the typical seasonal increase in occupancy occurred late in the quarter and was more muted than usual, and was only partly offset by better rates, managing costs, and growing synergies (Emeritus merger).
- Full-year CFFO (cash from facility operations) guidance is cut to $2.35-$2.45 per share.
- Previously: Brookdale Senior Living misses by $0.03, beats on revenue (Aug. 3)
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:55 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD): Q2 CFFO of $0.60 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.24B (+65.7% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Aug. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, ANH, APU, BKD, BMRN, BNFT, CAR, CGNX, CHGG, CKP, CTRP, CYH, DAC, DENN, DK, DKL, ELGX, ELNK, ENH, EPIQ, EXP, FIVN, GGP, HIL, IDTI, ININ, INN, KAR, KBR, KONA, LLNW, LMNX, MCEP, MCHP, MDU, MDWD, MIC, MRC, NLS, NVGS, OHI, ONDK, ORA, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, QEP, QLYS, QNST, RBC, RSPP, RTEC, SGMS, SNHY, THC, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, VNR, WSTC, XL
Jun. 22, 2015, 12:49 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (BKD -0.8%) shakes up the Executive Suite. President and CFO Mark Ohlendorf will transition to an enhanced role as President. Chief Operating Officer Gregory Richard will step down effective September 30.
- A search is underway for a new CFO and COO.
May 21, 2015, 9:17 AM
- New additions to Goldman's hedge fund hotels - 50 stocks which most frequently appear among the largest ten holdings of hedge funds: AerCap (NYSE:AER), Assured Guaranty (NYSE:AGO), Baker Hughes (NYSE:BHI), Citizens Financial (NYSE:CFG), Colony Capital (NYSE:CLNY), Dresser-Rand (NYSE:DRC), Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO), Hospira (NYSE:HSP), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), NXP Semi (NASDAQ:NXPI), Pharmacyclics (NASDAQ:PCYC), Visa (NYSE:V), and Walgreens (NASDAQ:WBA).
- Since 2001, the basket has outperformed the S&P 500 in 66% of quarters by an average of 73 basis points. YTD, however, it has underperformed by nine bps. Goldman notes the current basket overweights Consumer Discretionary (22%) and underweights Consumer Staples (2%).
- Looking at the full list, Actavis (NYSE:ACT) leads the way, with 77 funds naming the stock as a top 10 holding. Next up is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) with 69, then Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) at 42. For the entire list of 50, the average is 26 funds making a stock a top 10 holding.
- The rest in order: Valeant (NYSE:VRX), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Time Warner (NYSE:TWC), Delta (NYSE:DAL), Cheneire (NYSEMKT:LNG), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYK), AIG, SunEdison (NYSE:SUNE), Air Products (NYSE:APD), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), GM, BofA (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM), Macquarie Infrastructure (NYSE:MIC), American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL), Charter Communications (NASDAQ:CHTR), Google (GOOG, GOOGL), Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY), NorthStar Realty (NYSE:NRF), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), MasterCard (NYSE:MA), Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Micron (NASDAQ:MU), Williams (NYSE:WMB), Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B), Dolar General (NYSE:DG), NorthStar Asset (NYSE:NSAM), Brookdale Senior (NYSE:BKD), DISH Network (NASDAQ:DISH).
- See also: Goldman updates list of hedge funds most-shorted stocks (May 21)
May 7, 2015, 4:26 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD): Q1 EPS of -$0.71 misses by $1.31.
- Revenue of $1.25B (+67.3% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
May 6, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ADVS, AGO, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, ALSK, AMBR, AMH, ASYS, AVNW, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BKD, CA, CBS, CDXS, CERN, CNAT, CORT, CROX, CUTR, CYBR, DATA, DIOD, DXPE, EBS, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EGY, ENOC, ENV, ERII, ESPR, EVC, EZPW, FLDM, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GALE, GDOT, GEOS, GST, GXP, HTGC, IMPV, INWK, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KEYW, KTOS, LBTYA, MAIN, MCHP, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MNST, MOH, MTD, MTRX, NGVC, NHI, NOG, NUAN, NVAX, NVDA, OLED, OMED, OUTR, PCTY, PETX, PLNR, POST, PRO, PSIX, RBA, RBCN, RIGL, RJET, RMAX, RMTI, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEMG, SFM, SGMS, SLW, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSNI, STMP, SWIR, TCX, TEAR, TGI, THOR, TLLP, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, WIFI, XOMA, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Apr. 9, 2015, 11:21 AM
- Under pressure from activist investor Sandell Asset Management, Brookdale Senior Living (BKD +0.2%) is mulling a sale of its real estate to HCP (HCP -2%) or Ventas (VTR -1.6%), according to dealReporter, which says talks between BKD and the possible buyers are underway.
- Brookdale management prefers to postpone any sale for about six months while it completes the integration of Emeritus Senior Living - purchased last year for $1.4B.
- Previously: Brookdale Senior +3% on potential real estate sale (April 8)
Apr. 8, 2015, 3:10 PM
Mar. 17, 2015, 9:28 AM
- The portfolio of 35 private-pay senior housing communities from Chartwell Retirement Residences has 5,025 units. The portfolio will be purchased using a RIDEA joint venture structure, with HCP owning 90% and Brookdale (NYSE:BKD) 10%.
- Brookdale has operated the communities since 2011 and will continue to do so post-closing.
- The portfolio is located in eight states with concentrations in Florida, Texas, and Colorado; it's expected to generate a first year cash yield of about 6.6%.
- Closing is expected in Q3.
Brookdale Senior Living Inc is an operator of senior living communities in the United States with a total capacity of approximately 143 communities in 46 states and the ability to serve approximately 111,000 residents.
Other News & PR