Brookdale Senior Living Inc.NYSE
Brookdale Senior Living Should Be On Your Radar
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Mon, Aug. 8, 4:38 PM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:35 PM
- AMPH, APLE, ARNA, ATSG, BKD, BLCM, BOJA, BWXT, CAI, CC, CLDX, CLNY, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CSLT, CUI, CVG, DTSI, DVA, EGN, EGY, ELNK, ENDP, ENV, FNV, HTZ, ICUI, IFF, IPHI, JPEP, KITE, LC, LXU, MAIN, MBI, MCHP, MODN, MTW, MXL, NCMI, NILE, NPTN, NUAN, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, ONDK, OPK, OTTR, PFSW, PHH, PKY, PNM, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, RARE, RAX, RBA, RBC, REN, RMTI, ROG, RPD, RSPP, RWT, SHO, SINA, SREV, TUBE, TVIA, TWLO, VSLR, WB, WBMD, ZLTQ
Mon, May 9, 4:42 PM
Sun, May 8, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, AMPH, APEI, ARNA, ASEI, BKD, CDXS, CUI, CVG, DCO, DMD, DNB, DPLO, DTSI, ELGX, FENG, FRGI, GLOB, GSBD, HALO, HK, HTZ, IFF, INGN, INVN, INWK, IRWD, IVR, JPEP, JUNO, KEG, KITE, LBTYA, LC, LOPE, LSCC, MBI, MODN, MXL, NLS, NOG, NVGS, NVRO, OAS, OPK, OPWR, PEN, PINC, PLOW, PRAA, PSIX, RARE, RAX, RBC, REN, RVNC, SCTY, SEDG, SEMI, SF, SNHY, SREV, SSNI, STMP, TCX, TMH, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, VTL, VVC
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:38 PM
Tue, Feb. 9, 12:05 PM
- Healthcare facility owners are seeing steep losses after HCP (HCP -14.8%), Brookdale Senior Living (BKD -16%), and Medical Properties Trust (MPW -3.8%) issued soft 2016 guidance with their Q4 beats.
- HCP reported Q4 FFO/share of $0.80 (beat by $0.02), but guided for 2016 FFO/share of $2.74-$2.80 vs. a $3.16 consensus. Brookdale reported Q4 CFFO/share of $0.58 (beat by $0.12), but guided for 2016 CFFO of $2.45-$2.55 vs. a $2.62 consensus. MPW reported Q4 FFO/share of $0.35 (beat by $0.01), but guided for 2016 FFO/share of $1.29-$1.33 vs. a $1.33 consensus.
- In addition to HCP/Brookdale/MPW, the casualty list includes Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI -9.6%), Capital Senior Living (CSU -6.2%), Five Star Quality Care (FVE -7%), Welltower (HCN -9%), Genesis Healthcare (GEN -9.6%), , Sabra Health Care REIT (SBRA -6.3%), National Health Investors (NHI -4.6%), Ventas (VTR -5.9%), and Physicians Realty Trust (DOC -3.9%).
Mon, Feb. 8, 4:33 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD): Q4 EPS of -$0.94 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.46.
- Revenue of $1.23B (-1.6% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Sun, Feb. 7, 5:35 PM
Nov. 17, 2015, 9:38 AM
- In addition to picking up stakes in mortgage REITs American Capital Agency and Annaly Capital in Q3, Soros Fund Management discloses new stakes in equity REITs AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB), Boston Properties (NYSE:BXP), Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD), Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR), Essex Property Trust (NYSE:ESS), Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT), Ventas (NYSE:VTR), and Welltower (NYSE:HCN).
- Together the equity REIT stakes add up to about $80M vs. the office's $10B+ in AUM.
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, RQI, SCHH, ICF, SRS, RWR, RNP, JRS, KBWY, RFI, NRO, DRV, RIT, REK, RIF, FRI, FTY, PSR, DRA, FREL, WREI, IARAX, LRET, XLRE
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:46 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD): Q3 FFO of $0.59 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.24B (+14.8% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Nov. 2, 2015, 7:10 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD) +15.3% AH after announcing additions to its C-suite: Labeed Diab will join the company as COO on Nov. 16 and Lucinda Baier will start as the new CFO on Dec. 1.
- Diab most recently served as president of health and wellness for Walmart's U.S. division, while Baier joins BKD from Navigant Consulting.
- Mark Ohlendorf will step down as CFO and remain as president.
Oct. 8, 2015, 10:46 AM
Aug. 11, 2015, 8:20 AM
- The occupancy rate for all senior housing in 31 major markets fell this spring for the second consecutive quarter, reports Liam Pleven in the WSJ, and Dallas, Atlanta, and Chicago are among the cities where the number of new assisted-living units under construction represent more than 10% of the current inventory.
- For the 31 major markets in total the figure is 6.4%; about four years ago it was just 3.4%.
- "Everybody's thinking about these 10K baby boomers turning 65 every day," says one senior living executive, but that doesn't mean they're ready right away to move into senior communities. Alongside trouble finding renters - occupancy of 88.4% in Q2 was down 20 basis points from Q1 and 30 bps from a year ago - attempting to raise rents can also be an issue.
- Among names of interest: Health Care REIT (NYSE:HCN), HCP, Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD), Ventas (NYSE:VTR), New Senior (NYSE:SNR), Senior Housing Properties (NYSE:SNH), LTC Properties (NYSE:LTC).
Aug. 4, 2015, 9:55 AM
- "Our near-term operating performance was below our expectations," says Brookdale (BKD -7%) CEO Andy Smith after the company missed Q2 estimates. He notes the typical seasonal increase in occupancy occurred late in the quarter and was more muted than usual, and was only partly offset by better rates, managing costs, and growing synergies (Emeritus merger).
- Full-year CFFO (cash from facility operations) guidance is cut to $2.35-$2.45 per share.
- Previously: Brookdale Senior Living misses by $0.03, beats on revenue (Aug. 3)
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:55 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD): Q2 CFFO of $0.60 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.24B (+65.7% Y/Y) beats by $10M.