What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 4, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 4, 2015, 9:04 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) is sharply lower after a weak Q3 report.
- The company suffered from a 3% drop in comparable-store sales during the quarter and continued tepid demand for Nook products.
- The current quarter is off to a better start with comparable-store sales in positive territory.
- Previously: Barnes & Noble misses by $0.05, misses on revenue (Dec. 03 2015)
- BKS -16.69% premarket to $10.03. Shares are threatening to reach single-digits for the first time in years.
Dec. 3, 2015, 4:14 PM
Dec. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
Nov. 23, 2015, 9:22 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) reports it shattered first-day music sales records after timing an event with the release of Adele's 25 album. The singer's first two albums also sold well over the weekend.
- The company hosted Vinyl Day last Saturday at 650 stores as part of a heightened focus on music. The death of a wide variety of music chains such as Camelot Music, CD World, and Musicland has left just a bit of a void with some hands-on consumers.
Oct. 20, 2015, 9:01 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) announces it authorized a fresh stock repurchase program of $50M.
- The buyback program has no expiration date attached to it.
- BKS +0.1% premarket to $13.19.
Sep. 14, 2015, 11:54 AM
Sep. 10, 2015, 1:04 PM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) is up 7.0% to help take some of the sting out of yesterday's brutal post-earnings drubbing.
- Analysts note the ongoing losses at B&N puts the pressure on management to determine if more stores closures are needed and to come up with a "coherent" digital strategy.
- Shares of Barnes & Noble, which traded over $29 in July, sunk to as low as $11.45 yesterday on a large volume spike.
Sep. 10, 2015, 7:55 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) CEO Ronald Boire says the company will explore developing a new store format in the future. A new retail strategy may be easier to pull off following the spin-off of the the college business.
- The exec says B&N will have more to say on the proposed store format soon.
- Barnes & Noble reported FQ1 results yesterday.
- Previously: Barnes & Noble EPS of -$0.68 (Sep. 09 2015)
- Previously: More on Barnes & Noble's FQ1 (Sep. 09 2015)
Sep. 9, 2015, 12:44 PM
Sep. 9, 2015, 9:05 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) reports retail core comparable bookstore sales rose 1% in FQ1.
- Segment sales: Retail: $939M (-1.66%); College: $238.98M (+5.70%); NOOK: $54.34M (-22.41%).
- Digital content sales declined 28% to $37M & device and accessories sales -6.2% to $17M.
- Comparable-store sales for the college segment expanded 1.8%.
- Gross margin rate fell 210 bps to 28.9%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 90 bps to 29.5%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Retail core comparable bookstore sales: ~+1%; NOOK EBITDA losses: decline Y/Y.
- BKS +0.18% premarket.
Sep. 9, 2015, 8:32 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS): FQ1 EPS of -$0.68 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.12.
- Revenue of $1.22B (-1.6% Y/Y) beats by $220.75M.
Sep. 8, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 24, 2015, 5:16 PM
- In a filing, Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) says it's elected Ronald Boire to its board, coinciding with his rise to the CEO post on Sept. 8.
- The move sets the company's board at nine members after he starts. it's set its proxy statement for an Oct. 15 annual meeting, at which three other directors will be elected.
- Michael Huseby -- taking the reins at Barnes & Noble Education (OTCQB:BNET) -- earned a base salary of $1.2M in fiscal 2014, along with $2.6M in performance-based incentive.
Aug. 3, 2015, 2:37 PM
Aug. 3, 2015, 12:46 PM
Barnes & Noble Inc is a booksellers and a content, commerce and technology company providing customers access to trade books, textbooks, magazines, newspapers and other content across its multi-channel distribution platform.
Other News & PR