What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Jan. 14, 10:57 AM
- Biotechs are moving in sync with the market today. The iShares Nasdaq Biotech Index Fund (IBB +1.8%) is up ~4% from its low of 273.47, outpacing the Nasdaq Composite's 2.6% jump from its intraday low of 4,470.59. The IBB had lost over 20% of its value since late December.
- ETFs: BIB, GRX, IRY, BIS, IXJ, BME, CNCR, THW
Jul. 31, 2015, 7:52 AM
- According to Reuters, the value of merger and acquisition deals through July 30 was $436.4B, including 14 deals worth over $5B apiece. Although down from June's torrid pace of $546.8B, it still ranks as the seventh busiest month on record. Leading the pack was Teva's $40.5B purchase of Allergan's generic drugs business.
- The top investment bank in terms of the total value of transactions was Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), involved in 35 deals worth $148.8B, including half of the top ten. JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) was second with 30 deals worth $116.1B while Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) was third with 33 deals valued at $95.9B.
- Global M&A so far this year is $2.64T, up 41% from last year. The action in the U.S. is up 66%.
- Energy and healthcare are the leading sectors. There have been 1,557 deals in energy worth $407B. Healthcare is close behind with 1,577 deals worth $395B.
- ETFs: UNG, USO, OIL, UGAZ, UCO, DGAZ, UWTI, BIB, SCO, BNO, BOIL, GAZ, DBO, DWTI, DTO, UGA, KOLD, USL, GRX, UNL, IRY, BIS, IXJ, DNO, BME, UHN, DBE, OLO, SZO, DCNG, GRN, RJN, FUE, OLEM, JJE, ONG, UBN
Under normal market conditions the Fund will invest at least 80% if its total assets in equity securities of companies engaged in the health sciences and related industries and equity derivatives with exposure to the health sciences industry. The Fund will
Other News & PR