Thu, Jan. 14, 10:57 AM
- Biotechs are moving in sync with the market today. The iShares Nasdaq Biotech Index Fund (IBB +1.8%) is up ~4% from its low of 273.47, outpacing the Nasdaq Composite's 2.6% jump from its intraday low of 4,470.59. The IBB had lost over 20% of its value since late December.
- ETFs: BIB, GRX, IRY, BIS, IXJ, BME, CNCR, THW
Jul. 31, 2015, 7:52 AM
- According to Reuters, the value of merger and acquisition deals through July 30 was $436.4B, including 14 deals worth over $5B apiece. Although down from June's torrid pace of $546.8B, it still ranks as the seventh busiest month on record. Leading the pack was Teva's $40.5B purchase of Allergan's generic drugs business.
- The top investment bank in terms of the total value of transactions was Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), involved in 35 deals worth $148.8B, including half of the top ten. JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) was second with 30 deals worth $116.1B while Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) was third with 33 deals valued at $95.9B.
- Global M&A so far this year is $2.64T, up 41% from last year. The action in the U.S. is up 66%.
- Energy and healthcare are the leading sectors. There have been 1,557 deals in energy worth $407B. Healthcare is close behind with 1,577 deals worth $395B.
- ETFs: UNG, USO, OIL, UGAZ, UCO, DGAZ, UWTI, BIB, SCO, BNO, BOIL, GAZ, DBO, DWTI, DTO, UGA, KOLD, USL, GRX, UNL, IRY, BIS, IXJ, DNO, BME, UHN, DBE, OLO, SZO, DCNG, GRN, RJN, FUE, OLEM, JJE, ONG, UBN
Under normal market conditions the Fund will invest at least 80% if its total assets in equity securities of companies engaged in the health sciences and related industries and equity derivatives with exposure to the health sciences industry. The Fund will
Industry: Closed-End Fund - Equity
Country: United States
Other News & PR